FORD RACE CAR'S

jaded iconoclast

Re: FORD RACE CAR'S
« Reply #352 on: July 03, 2017, 09:55:22 PM »
One of my absolute FAVORITE chapters of road racing history!

My dad was a hard-core tea bagger, he didn't even like to TALK about what the Galaxies did to those 3.8 Jags. And on their own turf no less! Talk about rubbing the salt in! He had a 1001 excuses, but man, I just wouldn't give him a break on that one. Any time I wanted to shut up one of his "American cars are all wallowing nose heavy pigs" rants, I would just say "Jack Sears" and sit back and smile. ;D Drove him up the wall!

LOL, George that's too funny! I can picture him now, trying to defend the honour of the Jags.  ;D
You gotta know my dad as well as Don did to appreciate just HOW funny that is! ;) Man that used to PISS HIM OFF when I would bring that up! ;D
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #353 on: July 04, 2017, 07:27:14 PM »
They sure look good with Cragars.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #354 on: July 04, 2017, 07:29:43 PM »
Bronco Buster

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #355 on: July 04, 2017, 07:31:56 PM »
1968 Ford GT MK IV

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #356 on: July 04, 2017, 07:34:00 PM »
Stang

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #357 on: July 04, 2017, 07:35:03 PM »
Ohio George

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #358 on: July 04, 2017, 07:36:48 PM »
Sears Point

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #359 on: July 04, 2017, 07:40:31 PM »
Cammer power.

29bowtie

« Reply #360 on: July 05, 2017, 05:55:18 PM »
 8) :) :)
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

29bowtie

« Reply #361 on: July 10, 2017, 12:23:23 AM »
 8) ;) ;) ;)

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #362 on: July 10, 2017, 12:32:08 PM »
8) ;) ;) ;)
My friend Chris had one of those with a SCJ 429 in it.He use to melt his M/T 50's on back.

29bowtie

« Reply #363 on: July 12, 2017, 03:32:31 PM »

My dad was a hard-core tea bagger, he didn't even like to TALK about what the Galaxies did to those 3.8 Jags. And on their own turf no less! Talk about rubbing the salt in! He had a 1001 excuses, but man, I just wouldn't give him a break on that one. Any time I wanted to shut up one of his "American cars are all wallowing nose heavy pigs" rants, I would just say "Jack Sears" and sit back and smile. ;D Drove him up the wall!

LOL, George that's too funny! I can picture him now, trying to defend the honour of the Jags.  ;D

You gotta know my dad as well as Don did to appreciate just HOW funny that is! ;) Man that used to PISS HIM OFF when I would bring that up! ;D

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/07/11/jaguar-beating-british-saloon-car-championship-winning-1963-galaxie-500-offered-out-of-collection-of-jack-sears/

29bowtie

« Reply #364 on: July 19, 2017, 07:55:28 PM »
Here's a photo of a beautiful street version of a GT-40.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #365 on: July 19, 2017, 09:32:25 PM »
8) ;) ;) ;)
My friend Chris had one of those with a SCJ 429 in it.He use to melt his M/T 50's on back.
When I was about 15, Leisens Automotive had a white one for sale 429SCJ with a toploader and 4.30s, man I wanted that car bad. Totally out of my reach though. :-\

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #366 on: July 30, 2017, 05:12:12 PM »
Wilbur Shaws first real race car ride, the R.E.D. special. belonged to a fellow named Roscoe E. Dunning, of course it was bright red. Dunning was the starter at Hoosier Motor Speedway. In 1923, 18 yr old Wilbur Shaw showed up in a car that he had built himself, and Roscoe, who was also tech inspector, Chief Steward ect, told him to get it the hell off the track after he made a lap or two, because it was a POS death trap. Shaw threw a fit, Roscoe told him "take it easy kid, I am acting in your best interests, that cars a death trap, but you do have some talent, if you really want to be a race car driver, drop in and see me one day next week, and we can talk, but you aren't racing that car here today" or something to that effect.
Shaw thought "screw him, what does he know" and went to an outlaw dirt track the following weekend, and wadded the car up bigtime on the second turn of the first lap. After that he went back to see Roscoe with a big dose of humility, and Dunning put him in the attached fronty ford, after a couple weeks of coaching, Shaw started winning races.

29bowtie

« Reply #367 on: July 31, 2017, 12:51:53 AM »

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/07/11/jaguar-beating-british-saloon-car-championship-winning-1963-galaxie-500-offered-out-of-collection-of-jack-sears/

http://justacarguy.blogspot.ca/2017/07/through-1950s-and-into-1960s-if-you.html