Eddie Dye roadster

Thirty2ragtop

Re: Eddie Dye roadster
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2015, 01:29:02 AM »
Great Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 12:55:28 AM »
South City Rod & Custom
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 11:28:12 AM »
South City Rod & Custom

I thought that it was being restored at Orosco's shop. 

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2017, 11:50:57 AM »
The Eddie Dye Roadster was purchased as the Tom Branch Roadster years ago from Don.  Recognizing the original car, Don called (I can't remember) in Santa Barbara and had the similar roadster the Don Fretwell (RIP-2/28/17) built utilizing the original nose to come up and an entire new nose, hood, and lower panels were fabricated by Willie Stryker with the help of Fretwell.  As shown on page 46 and 47 of the "HOT ROD MILESTONE" book, the car sat in Orosco's staged ready to move on to restoration.  It was subsequently sold and moved to it's present location.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2017, 01:10:28 PM »
The Eddie Dye Roadster was purchased as the Tom Branch Roadster years ago from Don.  Recognizing the original car, Don called (I can't remember) in Santa Barbara and had the similar roadster the Don Fretwell (RIP-2/28/17) built utilizing the original nose to come up and an entire new nose, hood, and lower panels were fabricated by Willie Stryker with the help of Fretwell.  As shown on page 46 and 47 of the "HOT ROD MILESTONE" book, the car sat in Orosco's staged ready to move on to restoration.  It was subsequently sold and moved to it's present location.

Thanks for filling in the blanks.  Glad to see it's finally being restored.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2017, 02:21:01 PM »
South City Rod & Custom

same here. Interesting. Man, I look forward to seeing this car returned to its former glory.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2017, 03:00:12 PM »

South City Rod & Custom

Those were taken yrs ago.It has since moved on.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2017, 05:47:02 PM »

South City Rod & Custom

Those were taken yrs ago.It has since moved on.
Do you know what its current status is?

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2017, 10:38:46 AM »
Personally, I have always much preferred the Dye car to the much more famous Flint car. Neat thread.

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 11:35:58 PM »
Of all of the "nose" cars of the day, the Fretwell version of the Dye car utilizing the original nose was, by far, the most comfortable of all of them.  The Orosco redo of the Flint/Kofoed roadster after the frame was re-engineered by Don Fretwell, allowed the driver to sit "down in the roadster" and thereby created a more comfortable driving experience.   And yes, I agree...the Dye roadster was beautiful and arguably a better exterior design.  However the Flint Roadster got far more "ink".