'34 3-window project

Tom

• Administrator
'34 3-window project
« on: November 05, 2012, 08:12:19 AM »
I sold my deuce tudor to get the car that I've wanted since '73, when I first saw Jake's coupe in person at the Tulsa NSRA Nats.  Here's the start.  Some assembly required:

Tom

• Administrator
Re: '34 3-window project
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 08:13:58 AM »
Doors need some serious help, but the Walden panels were part of the package.  One of the doors has had the inner panel cut up; the patch is also supplied. 

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 08:15:27 AM »
New wood kits, garnish moldings, ...

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 08:16:47 AM »
Plus a set of fenders and misc parts/patch panels

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 08:26:23 AM »
Now what ?  That's the big question; I've been swamped with work, getting this site up & running, running my 2 girls to swim meets, karate meets, volleyball, piano, ad nauseum..., plus I've started building web sites for folks as well.

So, I really haven't spent a lot of time on 'the look'.  A few things for certain - I have a nice '34 grille and am definitely using it.  It will be chopped...  It will NOT be channeled - sorry Chris !

Fendered or fenderless, I have not decided yet.  Also I have not decided on the engine.  I have a couple of '36 LB flatheads sitting in my garage, but am leaning towards an overhead.  Mags or steelies ?  Paint color ?  (yes it will be painted & upholstered).

So, the design process begins !  I'll start a separate pic thread  ;)

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 10:02:43 AM »
HERE'S  SOME  HELP . NO STEELIE'S , NO FLATHEAD,& NO PRIMER.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 10:04:24 AM »
LOOKS  LIKE  A  GREAT  START.

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 07:24:18 PM »
I made a comment on your other thread asking what coupe,,now I know,,looks like a nice piece. HRP

Stovebolt

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 03:12:32 AM »
What a great start - no wonder you sold a deuce sedan to get it.

please - when you chop it - lean the posts, don't extend the roof to meet the A-pillar.

In my opinion, Out of P & J's coupe, as much as I hate to say it, Pete's has the "better" chop.
Why is it that when you think you've got it sorted .....  something else pops up???

Deuce Bill

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 09:03:22 PM »
I've always had a soft spot for a '34 3 windows.  Nice project.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 10:20:52 PM »
What a great start - no wonder you sold a deuce sedan to get it.

please - when you chop it - lean the posts, don't extend the roof to meet the A-pillar.

In my opinion, Out of P & J's coupe, as much as I hate to say it, Pete's has the "better" chop.

No worries, that's how I plan to chop it.  It's a ton more work though; you have to tilt the entire opening for the windshield frame or the windshield won't lay flat.  I haven't decided on exactly how much chop; thinking about 3"

Lil32

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 01:47:30 AM »
Good luck with the build, Tom keep photos coming as you go.
Still crusin after all these years.

DavyJ

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 09:40:57 PM »
Tom, we will all be happy to tag along as you progress................Great looking body to start with. As for taking care of the kids, don't worry, they grow up really fast.....................oh, wait a minute, my girls are 33 and 38 and they still run me ragged................... ;D    keep us along for the ride, and thanks again for all the work to create the new site.
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 11:30:25 AM »
I got a title with the coupe, so the next step was to get the great & glorious title in MY name...Done !

The next phase, for me, is the overall design, followed by some of the basic body/chassis work required, plus doing a lot of research.  I know that most folks have a vision in mind BEFORE buying the car.  In this case, I have wanted one of these for a long time, and found one at a good price.  Hopefully that explains how I got to where I am now.

Back to the design.  I've been following a couple of build threads on the hamb to get some ideas:
The curbspeed 5-w:  http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542263
Scott Gillen's 3-w: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680044

...and then flamedabone has to put this on the market !  Bitchin' 5-w !
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=749455

so_dak_kid

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 11:54:51 PM »
Tom......you could go the highboy unchopped look which Beppie loves  ;) (my dads 3/w)

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 10:13:14 AM »
Kurt, your Dad's coupe is sweet.  However it's going to get chopped, even tho it seems every '33-'34 coupe is chopped these days.

nostalgia59

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »
Here is the best looking coupe from the 50's....

nostalgia59

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 10:04:02 AM »
This one is cool also....

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »
Here is the best looking coupe from the 50's....

Thanks, Lynn.  Yes that's my favorite full-fendered coupe from any era.  I'm going to steal some ideas from this coupe - rounded doors & deck lid for one, possibly the chop, and maybe more.

VAPHEAD

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 01:33:16 AM »
Tom,good to see you have a new project. Everybody should have at least one,right?
Talk with you soon..

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 09:28:56 AM »
Eric, good to see you here.

Fendered vs non-fendered - that decision has still not been made.  So, instead of stagnating, I'm moving on to 1) initial bodywork and 2) drivetrain.  Bodywork will start soon.  Drivetrain - I have a couple of '36 LB flatheads in my garage, but they're going to a future project.  Plus I've run a flathead in a past hot rod, so that's old news.  I'm wanting to learn something new, which means SBC and flatheads are out.  So the hunts begins - Poncho ?  Buick ?  Olds ?  Another factor is availability of parts.  I don't want to break down in Bokachita OK and have to have my car trailered home just because of a simple part.  Of course another factor is just plain availability of the engine.  That's next.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 10:02:51 PM »
I haven't posted on this project for almost a year !  But I have made a little progress.  I now have all of the gennie parts - dash, windshield frame, hood, inner fender panels, plus a few other odds & ends.  I thought that I had a line on a good nailhead, but the owner won't sell. 

32drifter

• Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R. Tolkien
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 09:33:27 AM »
Tom, just wondered if there is anymore to report on the '34 project. Like to know what's happening.  Here's my 2 cents worth [that's about what it's worth] I like slant-chops better also! [see pic.] Hope you keep the door hinges, cowl vent, etc. It keeps the rod from looking like Tupperware that way! I made that mistake when building mine. I removed the door hinges because my wooden B-pillers were just gone SO I replaced them with metal and it was just easier to remove the hinges. ALMOST filled the cowl vent but thought better of it. [ SO glad I didn't] BUT people still ask if it's steel OR Tupperware. How about a small block Ford? [ you'll have to leave the hood closed ...LOL  but I sure like mine in the deuce. That's different but lots of parts. Ford in a Ford how strange! GOOD LUCK with the '34 and hope to get to see what's next!

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 10:58:08 AM »
Funny I was just talking to Beppie yesterday about my coupe.  NICE chop btw; please post some info regarding how it was done, etc.

Yes I'm keeping the hinges, cowl vent, top insert, and stock hood sides.   Several years ago, when the smoothie look was in, I met someone who built a beautiful deuce 3-window, top quality car all the way, but he spent so much time and effort removing hinges, filling seams, etc., that the car ended up looking like a 'glass car.  I'm not going to make that mistake.

A ton of personal issues have arisen in the last 2 months which absolutely halted progress, however that is starting to settle down and I am currently in talks with a builder to get this project underway.  More to come - soon !

Here's a few pics of coupes which I am gleaning some ideas.  George Hale's '33 with '34 grille, Chapouris' California Kid, Vinther's coupe, and Jerry Berg's coupe.  You can see that I still have 2 main choices - Wheels/tires and Fenders/not...

32drifter

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 12:56:15 PM »
Here's a few examples:

32drifter

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 12:57:27 PM »
More:

32drifter

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 01:00:14 PM »
One more slant chop:

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 01:02:07 PM »
Thanks !  Regarding the yellow coupe you posted - do you see the dogleg in the A-pillar ?  It's a nice car, but the windshield won't seal unless the bottom of the windshield opening is not slanted.  I like your chop better.

So what'll it be, 2", 2 1/2", or 3" ?  3" is the max as I'm 6'2" and I don't want to slouch to drive.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 01:03:27 PM »
1 clarification - I want the windshield to be slanted, NOT the chop.  The amount of chop will be even so that the roof lays flat, not slanted.

32drifter

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 01:30:06 PM »
My coupe has that dog leg also... wish it didn't; but I've never had trouble with leaks. Some like it though because they say it gives it that hammered salt flats look. I like more chopped out of the front and a little less in the back. [that's how mine is] And as you know seat height makes a BIG difference in visibility. My view from inside has never been a problem. [ except red lights!] LOL

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 01:32:40 PM »
My coupe has that dog leg also... wish it didn't; but I've never had trouble with leaks. Some like it though because they say it gives it that hammered salt flats look.

Good point - it does make it look nasty !  Do you have any in-progress pics ?  I'd like to see how the A-pillars were altered to avoid the leaks.

32drifter

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 02:40:21 PM »
Good point - it does make it look nasty !  Do you have any in-progress pics ?  I'd like to see how the A-pillars were altered to avoid the leaks.              Tom, can't help much my top was chopped back in the 60s... I just used a rubber strip behind the regular windshield seal... on the body itself. Not the best solution but it works! And you can't see it at all.

hot rod henry

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 12:59:55 AM »
go tom ,

32drifter

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 09:50:47 AM »
Tom, if you haven't seen this article check it out:     http://www.streetrodderweb.com/tech/1007sr_1934_ford_three_window_coupe/   Watch out this may make you a REAL cut-up!

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 11:38:34 AM »
No, I haven't seen it.  I need to go to the bookstore to take a gander at Street Rodder again.  It's not available at my grocery store, so I tend to forget about it.

So, I will probably end up with a bit of dogleg in the A-pillars, Also I want to keep the 3 hinges if possible.  I just think they look a little meaner with them.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2014, 06:30:16 PM »
She's back!!!!  I'll post up pics of the parts pile soon.

duaneshotrods

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »
Tom, You have a great selection of parts to start with!
Get the stance right, followed by fit & finish.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2014, 11:03:08 AM »
Ideas have been flowing since my phone conversation with Duane...

Scott Gillen's coupe has the chop that I want.  Pics courtesy of Beppie.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2014, 11:04:54 AM »
Also, rounded bottom rear corners of the doors, plus rounded corners on the decklid.  No louvers on the lid.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 08:50:01 PM »
Wow, I cannot believe it's been 3 years since I bought the body !  News:  The coupe was picked up today to start the initial metalwork - rust repair around the bottom and mending then hanging the doors.  It's been a long wait and it's good to get started.  Jesse Miller, who formerly worked at Sacramento Customs and Austin Speed Shop, has opened up his own shop, and is going to be doing the work.  Here's his Instagram page: http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-1279415274/miller_metalworks/photos

DavyJ

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2015, 08:53:19 PM »
Congrats on making it to the next step! It is amazing how fast time flies while projects wait for the right timing.................

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2016, 07:37:09 PM »
Update:  The bodywork's now officially begun.  Jesse Miller, at Miller Metal Works, formerly employed at Austin Speed Shop and Sacramento Kustoms before that, is doing the bodywork.  Keith Tardel, Vern Tardel's son, is building the frame.  The original frame was simply too far gone to use.  I should have pics of the new frame in a couple of weeks.

Here's some progress pics of the bodywork.  Jesse is roughing-in the doors, as he cannot get the final fit until the new chassis has arrived.  Plus he has installed a couple of patch panels.  As you can see, the doors will need a lot of love.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2016, 08:19:31 PM »
Thanks for the up date.Wish ya all the best with the build.Here's 2 for ya.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2016, 08:57:44 PM »

Cool pics, thanks for the inspiration !  I'm still looking for an engine  ;)

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2016, 09:23:50 PM »

Cool pics, thanks for the inspiration !  I'm still looking for an engine  ;)
Find a motor that you can use to drive the crap out of that coupe.

DavyJ

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2016, 01:52:14 PM »
more inspiration,  here is one I did several years back........

For an engine, I think a Buick nail head would look cool and they are dependable too...........

Dean

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2016, 10:11:46 PM »
Looking good Tom, got a soft spot for those model 40 3-Windows and I'm sure yours will be fantastic !!

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2016, 10:49:36 PM »
Progress has been non-existent as the body needs to be sitting on it's frame to get door alignment, etc., and the frame I had turned out to be in much worse shape than I thought.  So I scrambled to locate a frame, to no avail in a short time-frame.  Rusty Burford, who built my '32 tudor, came to the rescue.  The bodywork will once again commence once Rusty get these parts welded up in his jig.

duaneshotrods

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2016, 08:28:37 AM »
Sometimes that's the best way to go. Looks like you're making some good progress.

DavyJ

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2016, 11:58:00 AM »
you can't argue with brand new.............

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2016, 11:58:47 AM »
Roller.

DavyJ

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2016, 12:04:01 PM »
that is a good looking chassis! love the dual carbs.............

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2016, 08:49:02 PM »

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2016, 08:06:13 AM »
Perimeter frame is almost done !  Pics coming soon.

Next step is to take the frame over to Jesse Miller's.  It's always best to have the bodywork performed while the body is sitting on the frame it will eventually be married to. 

Slowly but surely...

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2016, 09:58:30 PM »
Perimeter frame done !  Next is the center x

duaneshotrods

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2016, 06:57:43 AM »
Looks great Tom!

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2016, 09:27:53 AM »
Looks great Tom!

Thanks; Rusty does a great job.  His MIG welds look like a roll of dimes.  And no the welds won't be ground down.  He won't install the complete crossmember; just the Pete & Jake's dropped ladder bar tube and the rear support tubes.   The engine/trans combo is still up in the air so we'll stop at that point.  After this work is done, the frame is off to Jesse Miller's place for mounting the body to the frame, door alignment/repar, etc.

Meanwhile I'm chasing down an engine/trans !   I have a couple of great leads and should know soon.

duaneshotrods

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2016, 09:38:39 AM »
Well if you're on a budget, you can't beat a well dressed SBC....................

ChevRon

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2016, 11:50:55 AM »
Tom Love those 33 34 3 windows. Good start, hope you can keep on it.  Look forward to following this one.  Ron

flatheadv8s

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2016, 10:40:42 PM »
My friends 3W with the new chop. Non slanted A pillar and the top hinge is intact. Nice chop
Life is like a toilet roll. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2016, 08:10:04 AM »
My friends 3W with the new chop. Non slanted A pillar and the top hinge is intact. Nice chop

Thanks Graeme.  The project has stalled right now; hoping to get some traction on it soon.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2016, 01:07:25 PM »
Finally, some progress !   Frame is on the way to Miller Metal Works so that Jesse can align the doors, etc.    And no, the center x is not complete; just enough to help keep the frame square.

hot rod henry

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2016, 05:55:28 PM »
Tom how do you do it its coming along  it all you certainly are a patient guy   all the best with it you deserve it

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2016, 07:31:43 PM »
Progress !  A few pics of the bodywork as of last week.  Another week or two of resto work and then the fun begins !

duaneshotrods

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2016, 08:10:33 AM »
Great progress Tom, I'll quote our friend "Keep your eye on the prize"!

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2016, 09:19:24 PM »
Looking good Tom.Here's a few of my friend Kevin's coupe.2 different wheel set ups.Mick knew the orig. owner of it.

lurker mick

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2016, 08:10:02 PM »
I rode a lot of miles in that 34! I think it was originally built in the 50's in Cheyenne Wy. & updated several times. It has been owned by Dick Rodwell, a major update by Tony Price, then owned by My pal Don Palfreyman and now Kevin.
A real road warrior with a blown small block. Great car.

Mick

Dean

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2016, 10:33:18 AM »
Tom,
Looking great, can't wait to see the final details.
There is a chopped 3-window in a barn down the street form me I've been after for years -- maybe someday.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2016, 02:54:42 PM »
Further progress on the metal work !  Quarters almost finished, door outers almost done, deck lid fitted, rear panel mounted, and best of all the body is now attached to the floor.

DavyJ

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2016, 07:34:36 PM »
Very nice work........must put a smile on your face to almost have a complete pristine body!

Steves32

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2016, 10:39:59 PM »
Got a custom stainless tank for it I’m not using. Make you a hell of a deal.

hotrodtrux

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2016, 01:28:01 AM »
So happy for you. Looks great. Keep those pics coming. What engine combo is in store?

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2016, 03:20:26 PM »
hood, grille and inner fenders all lined up !

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2016, 09:20:11 PM »

Looking good Tom.Still going with fenders ?

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2016, 10:15:20 AM »

I think they look great both ways, but I'm leaning towards full fendered. 

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2016, 12:38:20 PM »
So happy for you. Looks great. Keep those pics coming. What engine combo is in store?
I'am hoping for something like this.

Dean

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2016, 04:27:28 PM »
Think it needs bigger heads --  :)  that would be BOSS

Dean

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2016, 04:41:52 PM »

My 2 cents worth --
No Chop – Fenders
Little Chop – Fenders
Aggressive Chop – No Fenders

Tom,
Got to quit looking at your Coupe makes me want to get back into one myself.  It sure is looking great and is going to be a hell of a ride when finished.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2016, 07:48:52 PM »
Tom,
There is a chopped 3-window in a barn down the street form me I've been after for years -- maybe someday.

Dean, you guys in CA are spoiled; it's extremely rare that you find an early Ford in any condition in Texas.  As much as you hear about hot rodders in Texas, we are a pretty small bunch.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2016, 07:53:11 PM »
Very nice work........must put a smile on your face to almost have a complete pristine body!

My 2 cents worth --
No Chop – Fenders
Little Chop – Fenders

Tom,
Got to quit looking at your Coupe makes me want to get back into one myself.  It sure is looking great and is going to be a hell of a ride when finished

Thanks guys; I appreciate the compliments.  The coupe has sat for so long that it's great to see it finally starting to look like a car again.   As of today - I'm going with fenders...

I agree, Dean; a hiboy '33-'34 coupe looks best with a hard chop, etc.  The problem is that I'm 6'2", 6'3" after seeing my physical therapist  ;)   I really like a 3" chop with slanted A pillars a la 32drifter's coupe, but that's another $5k....

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2016, 08:55:13 PM »

My 2 cents worth --
No Chop – Fenders
Little Chop – Fenders

Tom,
Got to quit looking at your Coupe makes me want to get back into one myself.  It sure is looking great and is going to be a hell of a ride when finished

Thanks guys; I appreciate the compliments.  The coupe has sat for so long that it's great to see it finally starting to look like a car again.   As of today - I'm going with fenders...

I agree, Dean; a hiboy '33-'34 coupe looks best with a hard chop, etc.  The problem is that I'm 6'2", 6'3" after seeing my physical therapist  ;)   I really like a 3" chop with slanted A pillars a la 32drifter's coupe, but that's another $5k....
A couple to kept the fire burning.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2016, 09:05:47 PM »
Think it needs bigger heads --  :)  that would be BOSS

Yeah I need to call you about that Dean.

Dean

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2016, 11:18:13 PM »
Tom,

Dean, you guys in CA are spoiled; it's extremely rare that you find an early Ford in any condition in Texas.  As much as you hear about hot rodders in Texas, we are a pretty small bunch.

My old 33 3-window is somewhare in that small Texas bunch, Bill Lindig added it to his collection in 1996.
Since sold it but still local to your great state.

32drifter

« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2016, 11:53:35 AM »
 :) More chops to consider: 

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2016, 12:30:36 AM »
Tom,
 A friend just sent me this.You'd fit in it.I don't even think you could stick your arm out of it for the drive down the hiway.

duaneshotrods

« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2016, 11:28:33 AM »
Tom,
 A friend just sent me this.You'd fit in it.I don't even think you could stick your arm out of it for the drive down the hiway.
Maybe if you're built like this hip dude. LOL

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2017, 08:19:30 PM »
Any up dates Tom ?

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2017, 09:49:25 AM »
Any up dates Tom ?

Yes !  Bodywork's done and the coupe's moving to Rusty Burford's shop for chassis work next week.  I'll post pics asap.

hotrodtrux

« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2017, 01:23:35 AM »
Looking forward to your pictures. ;)

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2017, 02:42:43 PM »
Update !  Bodywork is almost done.  Finally !  In a few days it will be off to Dirty's Hot Rods for chassis work.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2017, 02:45:14 PM »
6 1/2 years into this project.  A lot of the time was spent finding a good metalman.  I expect progress to go much much faster now.  But it sure makes me wonder why I keep starting from a pile of parts.  The next hot rod will be someone's driver that I redo to my liking.

Striper

« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2017, 10:58:10 PM »
 A good friend has a sign in his garage that reads , " You don't know what it's like to love a car until you build one".  Keep going it'll all be worth it .
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2017, 11:35:18 AM »
Tom,
 Real happy for ya.It's starting to take shape & I'am looking forward to seeing what you use for power.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2017, 07:30:57 AM »
Finally it is out of the body shop!  The doors still need final gapping, and a few other small items remain, but the body is essentially done.  It is now in queue to get into Dirty's Speed Shop.  My task now is to gather parts.   I have the front axle and front and rear wishbones.  All I need is everything else....

DavyJ

« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2017, 08:07:11 AM »
Congrats on another milestone in the build!  Good luck hunting parts......I am sure if you put out a list, there will be a huge response in ideas and where to find them :)

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2017, 10:13:53 AM »
Finally it is out of the body shop!  The doors still need final gapping, and a few other small items remain, but the body is essentially done.  It is now in queue to get into Dirty's Speed Shop.  My task now is to gather parts.   I have the front axle and front and rear wishbones.  All I need is everything else....
Tom,
Is the tape on the posts how much your going to chop it ?

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2017, 03:27:34 PM »
Tom,
Is the tape on the posts how much your going to chop it ?

No, just to keep the doors closed during transport.  I don't have the latches yet.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2017, 04:52:40 PM »
So Tom, what are the motor plans? Are you thinking Boss 302/351? :) 8)

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »
So Tom, what are the motor plans? Are you thinking Boss 302/351? :) 8)

You read my mind.  Yes a Boss 302!

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2017, 03:30:08 PM »
You are gonna need one of these, preferably sans "modified" ::) ;D output shaft. So feel free to ask me if toploaders really are "bulletproof"...  ;D