Body Lift

Red

Body Lift
« on: January 17, 2015, 05:19:43 PM »
Car club buddy Dustin is building a Ghia to replace his '69 Bug.  I think he's been at it for several years now.  He did a full restoration and separated
the body from the pan at the beginning.  Today, the completed chassis and freshly painted body became one again.  A few pics...

Red

Re: Body Lift
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 05:25:08 PM »
Those rubber blocks in the last photo go between the body and chassis and were discovered AFTER the body was set on the pan :)

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 09:05:55 PM »
Those rubber blocks in the last photo go between the body and chassis and were discovered AFTER the body was set on the pan :)

Maybe it will be easier the second time   :o

The chassis & body are very detailed, he must have spent hours and hours detailing everything.  Very good work !

Red

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 07:03:24 AM »

Maybe it will be easier the second time   :o

The chassis & body are very detailed, he must have spent hours and hours detailing everything.  Very good work !

;D  Us helpers got a pretty good laugh!  Dustin managed to get them in without us having to lift the body a second time.  No matter
how much visualizing you do the night before, when your friends come to help, something like that always seems to happen!  We all
want some of those nerf bars, too.... ;)

DavyJ

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 08:49:09 AM »
That sure will be a pristine classy looking car...............nice of you to share.............wish I had the patience to get to that level before assembling
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

Red

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 01:40:54 PM »

That sure will be a pristine classy looking car...............nice of you to share.............wish I had the patience to get to that level before assembling

It ought to get with the program, too.  I'm thinkin' the motor is 2332cc backed with a Berg five speed trans complete with a DKP shift handle; I'm jealous!! :P

Striper

• Whetstone Pinstriping
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 01:26:59 AM »
 Nice to see that the DKP standards have not dropped off throughout the years . Looking forward to more pics .
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

29bowtie

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 03:43:28 PM »
That sure is a highly detailed build. What a beauty! 8)
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

Red

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 04:28:39 PM »

Nice to see that the DKP standards have not dropped off throughout the years . Looking forward to more pics .

The club will be celebrating it's 50th anniversary this year and I know Dustin is anxious to join Scott (tan) and Robert (silver)
in the Ghia lineup.  The thrash is on! :)

bermfinger

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 09:13:18 PM »
The Baddest of the Bad... Robert Kong's Ghia vert.  Runs mid 11's, drive anywhere on pump gas.  Dustin's Ghia is going to be super nice,  so glad to see it coming together. Scott's coupe is beautiful also, one of the best. Awesome cars,  thanks Red

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 10:40:33 PM »
The Baddest of the Bad... Robert Kong's Ghia vert.  Runs mid 11's, drive anywhere on pump gas.

Impressive!  Your club has the nicest VWs on the planet!

hot rod henry

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 01:26:22 AM »
great effort well done