'26 T Roadster Project

jaded iconoclast

Re: '26 T Roadster Project
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2018, 11:11:54 AM »
I've heard that Easy Off oven cleaner will remove colored anodizing .

Yeah, that's a good idea.  I've used it to remove anodizing before.  I'll give it a try.
Yup, I have used it to remove the clear anodizing from the OEM aluminum parts on my Chevy II, so I could pick and file the dings out and re-buff everything. Works good. OUTSTANDING build Roger, Thanks for posting this. I just found this thanks to Toms link page.
Wanted: Used +030 TRW L2249 or Speed Pro 7061P 12.5/1 289/302 ford pistons

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2018, 12:40:26 PM »
Will it take off powder coating?  I have the 7th set of Hilborn made for Cad.  Someone put silver powder coating on it.  I was told that maybe aircraft stripper would work, but haven't tried it yet.  Would prefer something less nasty.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2018, 01:16:08 PM »
Will it take off powder coating?  I have the 7th set of Hilborn made for Cad.  Someone put silver powder coating on it.  I was told that maybe aircraft stripper would work, but haven't tried it yet.  Would prefer something less nasty.
I don't think you can use it on magnesium, I think it will eat magnesium. Wish my dad was still alive, I would ask him. He had a terrific knowledge of chemistry. Early cad hilborns!!! NICE!!!

roger

« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2018, 06:28:24 PM »
As I mentioned in another thread, I'm making an effort to at least get this car running this year. Here's a few pictures from a few months back. I'll start posting more frequent updates  in the near future.  Everything in this model t is so cramped I had to locate the master cylinder reservoirs in the trunk.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2018, 07:35:26 PM »
Roger,
Are you going with the cream wheels ?I like it a lot with the red.It's going to be a sweet little Hot Rod.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2018, 07:40:05 PM »
Roger,
Are you going with the cream wheels ?I like it a lot with the red.It's going to be a sweet little Hot Rod.
I am with Beppie on this and to take it a step further, have you thought about painting the engine the same colour? With all the brightwork, it would look great, and it would tie in nicer with the red body than the Ford green.

roger

« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2018, 07:47:46 PM »
Roger,
yes, I've got them all done.  I took nine 16 inch Kelseys to Pico Wheel to be trued and straightened. I got back seven usable wheels. Two were widened to 5 inches the rest are 4 inch. Then had them powder coated creme. So when you pay 60 to 100 dollars for usable Kelsey at a swap meet, that's just the tip of the ice berg. Will be running a spare on the back. I appreciate your interest and comments on the car.

roger

« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2018, 07:55:55 PM »
Roger,
I am with Beppie on this and to take it a step further, have you thought about painting the engine the same colour? With all the brightwork, it would look great, and it would tie in nicer with the red body than the Ford green.
Thanks jaded for your comments and interest. Others have made a similar comment about the engine color but I'm holding out with Ford green on this first motor. I plan to build a hotter motor later on. Then I'll be more likely to change colors.  Everything has been done at least twice on this car.

DavyJ

« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2018, 08:34:40 PM »
Roger, that is shaping up real nice.. glad to see it moving along...thanks for bringing us along!
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

roger

« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2018, 08:38:50 PM »
Roger, that is shaping up real nice.. glad to see it moving along...thanks for bringing us along!
I'll be posting more here soon . Thanks for your interest.