'26 T Roadster Project

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
Re: '26 T Roadster Project
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 05:23:20 PM »
I read in the Rodders Journal that this project began with a 4 cylinder.  Any knowledge of it?

ROGER, I'AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE A PIC OF IT. THE PIC OF IT BY THE FORD SIGN IS WHEN HE FIRST GOT IT.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

roger

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 05:31:35 PM »
COOL BUILD ROGER.
THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS ONE. SAME CAR.

I would love to have a track style roadster .  My original intent with my '28 was to have a channeled belly panned roadster with a Wayne head GMC motor  but I got side tracked.  I think the brakes on this roadster are worth more than my entire model T project.

LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT THE MOTOR.

I read in the Rodders Journal that this project began with a 4 cylinder.  Any knowledge of it?  An Ardun v8-60 has got to be rare.  Also what other car does this present owner have that I might recognize?

MAYBE THESE ROGER. JOHN LIKES TO WORK ON HIS STUFF ALSO.
I should have known.  At least I recognize the white and purple one.  Also I've seen the 32 with the 348 in the Rodders Journal not too long ago.

langy

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »
Hi Roger just caught this thread, cool project ya got there

roger

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 11:45:30 AM »
Hi Roger just caught this thread, cool project ya got there

Thanks, langy.  I love to see the stuff you build.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 09:45:03 PM »
ANY UP DATES ROGER ?
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

roger

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 05:05:22 PM »
ANY UP DATES ROGER ?

Nice of you to ask.  I konw it has been a long time since I've posted any progress but I really am working on it when I'm not working on someone else's project.  Yesterday I completed the front and side engine mounts and finished tacking  all the boxing plates in position.  Today I began tig welding the boxing plates.  I'll probably finish that some time this week.   Then I have to figure out the trans mount and cross members.  I think I'm going to shy away from building an X or K member center cross member just because I think it is over kill for a banger ...and its a lot more work than tube cross members.  I'm also considering stress relieving the frame after it is done.  I'm afraid that when I take it out of the jig it is going to spring into the shape of a pretzel.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 08:27:33 PM »
Neat idea to use the donuts for both front & side engine mounts.  Keep us posted on progress, thanks.

roger

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 09:27:43 PM »
Way back in time, there was (and still is) an accessory motor mount called "float-a-motor" that is the same idea.  Because the frame is so narrow I had to sink it into the frame rails with a "half pipe" of sorts.

Stovebolt

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2013, 06:18:01 PM »
COOL BUILD ROGER.
THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS ONE. SAME CAR.

I would love to have a track style roadster .  My original intent with my '28 was to have a channeled belly panned roadster with a Wayne head GMC motor  but I got side tracked.  I think the brakes on this roadster are worth more than my entire model T project.
Roger - I'd love to see where you plans lie in this one - I have a Wayne 12 port for a Chev 6, and some Model A parts .......
Why is it that when you think you've got it sorted .....  something else pops up???

roger

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 11:19:09 AM »
Well, it's been a while but I finally got back to working on the roadster.  When last we spoke I was boxing the frame rails.  I finished the frame rails and the project basically sat unattended thru the summer.  This last week I located the brake and clutch pedals and fabbed the center x member.  Here's a couple pix of the progress...

VAPHEAD

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »
Looking good, I like it.

roger

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 08:06:20 PM »
Seems like I haven't posted any progress in weeks.  So , in the last few weeks I've located the front end, installed the cross over steering, added the trans rear mount , and today I set up and welded the rear radius rods.  Next week I'm going to re-sleeve the bearing surfaces on the ford rear end and order a quick change center section.  I'm at a loss over the QC.  The 2 practical choices seem to be the Rodsville Halibrand clone or the Dick Spadaro/Winters unit.  The drawbacks are the Rodsville is apparently not available right now and the Winters is a low horse power unit since it is not a straddle mount bearing pinion ( built more like a model A than a V8).   I can easily get by with the Winters since this motor should only produce 140 -150 HP at the most.

Stovebolt

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2013, 09:48:46 PM »
Your project is coming along nicely Roger.

I really like the rear ladder bar mounts. From where did you source them?

Another option for a q/c is a Cyclone ;)
Why is it that when you think you've got it sorted .....  something else pops up???

roger

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2013, 12:11:31 AM »
Your project is coming along nicely Roger.

I really like the rear ladder bar mounts. From where did you source them?

Another option for a q/c is a Cyclone ;)

Thanks for your comments Stovebolt.  The ladder bar  brackets are made and sold by So Cal.  They are forged so they weld very nicely.  I've looked at Cyclones but they are a bit pricey.  If one of the other two don't work out that will probably be my choice.

Stovebolt

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2013, 01:39:24 AM »
Thanks - they look like they are made for 3" tubes.

hot rod henry

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2013, 02:30:45 AM »
roger you are certainly no dodger great tradesman like work ,