T's Not Buckets

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
Re: T's Not Buckets
« Reply #352 on: May 20, 2018, 01:49:09 AM »
Worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Which shop is getting the work???????  Start questioning!!!!
Lately Bob,They have done some famous show cars/Drag cars.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #353 on: May 20, 2018, 11:14:24 AM »
I just love it!!!!!!!  After watching the restoration of various hot rods up close, and remembering what I was looking at in 1958-1962, this makes me really happy.  I wish that I could watch it up close!  Man, the restoration on the Golden Sahara is going to be something to watch every week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #354 on: May 20, 2018, 11:41:44 AM »
I am glad to hear these 2 are going to be restored.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #355 on: May 20, 2018, 08:01:49 PM »
One of my all-time favorite T's.

Wanted: Used +030 TRW L2249 or Speed Pro 7061P 12.5/1 289/302 ford pistons

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #356 on: May 20, 2018, 09:16:58 PM »

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #357 on: May 21, 2018, 02:38:22 PM »
I am glad to hear these 2 are going to be restored.
The guy I thought was getting them didn't.I'am sure they will be restored by someone.Guess will wait & see.

Fordors

« Reply #358 on: May 22, 2018, 09:33:12 PM »
I received an email from The Rodder's Journal and Norm's T has been purchased by Pennsylvanian Ross Meyers. Naturally it will be restored, but which version it will be has not been made public. The Golden Sahara will be coming to Chicago, the bidding war was won by Larry Klairmont, an older gentleman with a private museum and a rather eclectic taste. His museum is operated in kind if an odd manner,  there are memberships but to the best of my knowledge it is not open to the public on a regular basis. Klairmont hosts charity fundraisers there and also rents it out for private or corporate events. TRJ said it is not known if the car will be restored or preserved in it's present condition.

Here is a link to the Klairmont Kollection-  http://klairmontkollections.com/
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

lurker mick

« Reply #359 on: May 23, 2018, 12:14:50 AM »
Mr. Klairmont seems to be a very interesting character.

Mick

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #360 on: May 23, 2018, 12:03:12 PM »
I received an email from The Rodder's Journal and Norm's T has been purchased by Pennsylvanian Ross Meyers. Naturally it will be restored, but which version it will be has not been made public. The Golden Sahara will be coming to Chicago, the bidding war was won by Larry Klairmont, an older gentleman with a private museum and a rather eclectic taste. His museum is operated in kind if an odd manner,  there are memberships but to the best of my knowledge it is not open to the public on a regular basis. Klairmont hosts charity fundraisers there and also rents it out for private or corporate events. TRJ said it is not known if the car will be restored or preserved in it's present condition.

Here is a link to the Klairmont Kollection-  http://klairmontkollections.com/
Eclectic is the word. Kind of seems to just be everything that comes his way. Judging by the other cars in his collection, its probably safe to assume that it will be restored.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #361 on: May 24, 2018, 02:41:48 PM »
Roadster

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #362 on: May 24, 2018, 02:56:32 PM »
Don Tognotti's  King T 1964 AMBR 1925

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #363 on: May 25, 2018, 11:11:59 AM »
Pete's Roadster

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #364 on: May 28, 2018, 05:54:28 PM »
I thought this was pretty damned nice.

Heres a good view of the backside of the Harley Davidson headlights I was talking about here.  http://hotrodcraft.com/index.php?topic=2202.0
They are a nice looking light, totally "period correct" for a forties/fifties era hot rod, and they are totally overlooked by the neo-traditionalists, so you can pick them up cheaper than King Bee 98-99's.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #365 on: May 28, 2018, 07:15:56 PM »
While we are here, anybody have any thoughts on this method of splitting bones?

For those that don't see what we are looking at, they take a '28-'34 ford drag link, cut the ends off, and weld the ends of the drag link into the ends of the split bones. I always thought the end product was very elegant looking, but I wonder if there are any practical issues with this setup? Anybody done this, or have any direct experience with it? I have even seen it on the ends of hairpins on some cars dating from the forties/fifties. I think its much nicer looking than an exposed Ford tie-rod end.

EDIT: I have been digging at this, a Model BB truck drag link may work better, or may be what they used, as the od of the shaft is bigger (.75), and would probably fit into the cut end of the wishbone better. Wonder if I can find one through my connections. If you used a Model A one, you would probably have to split a piece of tubing lengthways and use it as a "shim" when you welded it together?

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #366 on: June 04, 2018, 05:33:59 PM »
T coupe

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #367 on: June 04, 2018, 07:39:40 PM »
I thought this was pretty damned nice.

Heres a good view of the backside of the Harley Davidson headlights I was talking about here.  http://hotrodcraft.com/index.php?topic=2202.0
They are a nice looking light, totally "period correct" for a forties/fifties era hot rod, and they are totally overlooked by the neo-traditionalists, so you can pick them up cheaper than King Bee 98-99's.

Really like how he did the blower setup.That is cool as hell.