T's Not Buckets

jaded iconoclast

Re: T's Not Buckets
« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2017, 10:12:28 AM »
I'm not crazy about the leading edge of the rear fender, given that the car is not a French Delahaye "type" design.  Would have liked the fenders to come down a little like the rear and then do a sweep into the body .  That being said, thee are so many deign elements that are spot on perfect, that they carry the car.
You mean like if he carried them down to where the rolled pan curves under? Yes, I can see that.

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #257 on: September 28, 2017, 10:24:41 AM »
If it matched the back a little then had a smaller french curve into the body.  The car is just beautiful.  It's a great piece of rolling fun and history.  Wonder how the driver felt? I know that when I sat in the La Mesa (Ricky Nelson) car it was uncomfortable!  Also when Fretwell redid the frame on the Flint Roadster, part of his requirements were that the driver had to get "down in the car" and that the ergonomics were considered for a man of Flint (or Orosco) to drive it comfortably.  A lot of these cars look great as this one does...but you always wonder.  The King roadster fit really well. 

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #258 on: September 28, 2017, 11:07:24 AM »
If it matched the back a little then had a smaller french curve into the body.  The car is just beautiful.  It's a great piece of rolling fun and history.  Wonder how the driver felt? I know that when I sat in the La Mesa (Ricky Nelson) car it was uncomfortable!  Also when Fretwell redid the frame on the Flint Roadster, part of his requirements were that the driver had to get "down in the car" and that the ergonomics were considered for a man of Flint (or Orosco) to drive it comfortably.  A lot of these cars look great as this one does...but you always wonder.  The King roadster fit really well.
Its funny, I am 5'9" and 175, when I was a young guy, I thought I wished I was a little bigger, now I am glad I'm NOT! I'm "hot rod" sized!  ;D I LOVE the La Masa car. I hear what you are saying, but honestly I like the fenderline on this car as is, its not perfectly proportioned, but it fits with that whole early sixties aggressive look. If it was smoother and better proportioned, it would take away from that.

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #259 on: September 28, 2017, 01:18:22 PM »
I see your point!

29bowtie

« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2017, 12:08:37 PM »
 8) A T I might fit in.
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #261 on: October 05, 2017, 01:02:15 AM »
Boyd's 1926 Model T
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #262 on: October 05, 2017, 10:10:45 AM »
8) A T I might fit in.
They are narrow too, REALLY narrow! I was surprised the first time I got inside my Tudor, its funny, you don't notice it as much in the roadster, but get a roof over your head, even if its a high one, and you start to realize just how small they really are! Families were a lot "smaller" in the 1920's, people weren't "Wal-Mart" sized! ;D!

29bowtie

« Reply #263 on: October 05, 2017, 07:16:48 PM »
8) A T I might fit in.
They are narrow too, REALLY narrow! I was surprised the first time I got inside my Tudor, its funny, you don't notice it as much in the roadster, but get a roof over your head, even if its a high one, and you start to realize just how small they really are! Families were a lot "smaller" in the 1920's, people weren't "Wal-Mart" sized! ;D!
I'd have to build it as a center steer 1 seater! ;D
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #264 on: Yesterday at 09:24:08 PM »
Roadster

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #265 on: Yesterday at 09:25:30 PM »
Tub

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #266 on: Yesterday at 09:28:34 PM »
Coupe

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #267 on: Yesterday at 09:30:37 PM »
Coupe