T BUCKET'S

jaded iconoclast

Re: T BUCKET'S
« Reply #448 on: May 10, 2018, 10:59:10 AM »

George,
 Do you ever say to yourself,Man there a lot of Hot Rod's with plates from Ca. ;D
Yes, especially sixties T-Buckets! ;D although the injected one is from AZ

It might have AZ plates but if that isn’t a Ted Brown built car I’ll eat my Rod & Custom Is Back! t-shirt. Wasn’t Brown a California builder, and actually I think the injected car was one he built for himself. Anybody remember it?
I was good email buddies with Ted Brown before he passed, that's not his personal car, but you might be right, it might be one he built. I have a big computer folder full of pics he sent me of cars he built, I will take a look through there and see if its in there.
Wanted: Used +030 TRW L2249 or Speed Pro 7061P 12.5/1 289/302 ford pistons

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #449 on: May 10, 2018, 11:12:23 AM »
It might have AZ plates but if that isn’t a Ted Brown built car I’ll eat my Rod & Custom Is Back! t-shirt. Wasn’t Brown a California builder, and actually I think the injected car was one he built for himself. Anybody remember it?
Looks like Larry has done it again!
That particular car is not in the folder, but look at the front ends and the hairpins on these Ted Brown built cars...

and the AZ car again. Looks like a match to me. Good eye Larry!

The pic of the injected car from AZ dates from 1974, I am pretty sure Ted had added discs to the front of his personal car by that time, and I cant find ANY photos of his car with the 17" 12 spokes, so I don't think its his car, but I would say for sure its one he built.

Fordors

« Reply #450 on: May 10, 2018, 11:22:00 AM »
Phew, good news, I really like that t-shirt. What I noticed right away was the radiator, the Brown built cars had a radiator that was just a bit wider, most noticeable in the horizontal line of the top tank.
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #451 on: May 10, 2018, 11:23:15 AM »
Phew, good news, I really like that t-shirt. What I noticed right away was the radiator, the Brown built cars had a radiator that was just a bit wider, most noticeable in the horizontal line of the top tank.
Yes, the rad on the nailhead car looks VERY similar. I had to edit my post, I said there were no photos on Teds car with chrome headers, as I was scrolling through my files I found ONE pic of his car with 4 long chromed individual header pipes running down the side of his car. I think they were probably borrowed, as there is only the one pic, and the photos on either side in the chronology show the painted sprint car style headers that appear in almost all the other photos of his car.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #452 on: May 10, 2018, 11:36:18 AM »
Me and my big mouth! Teds car with 17" 12 spokes! Not only that, the same cowl lights and grill shell! The mirrors, breathers and headers are different, and no hilborns, but you gotta wonder... I don't think he ever ran hilborns on the car, he ran webers with tall stacks when it had the BB chevy in it.

The hairpins are slightly different, I still don't think its Teds car, but man, he sure changed that thing around a lot! You gotta wonder.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #453 on: May 10, 2018, 11:41:46 AM »
Here it is with the BBC with tall stacks and webers. He said this combination was REALLY fast, he was street racing it a lot at this time, said this combination never lost a race. I wish he was still alive, I absorbed a lot from him, but I would still like to go over my rear suspension setup with him in terms of the front ladder bar height relative to the instant center and so on. He said by the time the car had evolved to this point, it didn't wheelstand at all, just hooked and left arrow straight and flat, I would like to get my car working like that. I THINK I know how to set it up, but I sure wish he was still around so I could send him pics at that point. I wont be able to run my car at the track, but I have used Engine Analyzer Pro and Dragstrip Analyzer for several decades, and if your inputs are good, its pretty accurate. I was changing it up a bit in there last night, lowered the traction coefficient for the Towel City tires, wound up tweaking the K factor for the converter down a bit to work better with the hard tires, even with the crap tires and 3200 stall instead of the original 4000, its predicting 10.20s at 140. So I would like it to leave straight and flat, if you know what I mean! ;)  I think it could take me a while to get used to driving it! :o

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #454 on: May 10, 2018, 12:03:35 PM »
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #455 on: May 10, 2018, 12:08:49 PM »

George,
 Do you ever say to yourself,Man there a lot of Hot Rod's with plates from Ca. ;D
Yes, especially sixties T-Buckets! ;D although the injected one is from AZ
Here is out front of his shop on Clark ave.Striper use to drive by it almost every day.

29bowtie

« Reply #456 on: May 10, 2018, 05:48:22 PM »
George,
 Here's 2 more of Gary Langs T bucket.
Sad news, I was at Dougs house yesterday, he told me that Gary Lang is in the hospital with leukemia and not likely to recover.
That's too bad, thanks for the heads up.
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #457 on: May 10, 2018, 09:34:05 PM »

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #458 on: May 11, 2018, 01:30:06 AM »
Tantrum

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #459 on: May 11, 2018, 10:18:11 AM »
Tantrum
I've seen this one elsewhere, LOVE this car. I really like how he spends BIG $$ on a really effective, tunable induction system, and runs stock valve covers. Theres a guy who has his priorities straight! 8)

29bowtie

« Reply #460 on: May 15, 2018, 05:05:05 PM »
 8) :) From the ELTA FB page.
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #461 on: May 16, 2018, 11:58:17 PM »
Just for George.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #462 on: May 17, 2018, 02:13:27 AM »
T bucket

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #463 on: May 17, 2018, 10:17:55 AM »
Just for George.
How did you know?? I LOVE the Parham car! It would be a good one to clone.