T BUCKET'S

jaded iconoclast

Re: T BUCKET'S
« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2017, 08:37:20 PM »
Heres the frame I picked up today, I am going to re-work the front spring mount/crossmember and the rear spring mounts. Hell by the time I have done that, I was probably no further ahead than just buying a stick of 1.5x3. ;D
Its not bad though, the welds are maybe not beautiful, but good, and its dead square, Its currently 94" WB, but the spring mounts are positioned to go right on top of the rear end housing, I cant get the rear ride height I want with that set-up, with the rear springs on top of the axle and the front spring mount with a spring-over, this thing would sit like a 4x4. I want to mount the coils behind the rear axle.
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2017, 09:35:01 PM »
T Bucket
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2017, 03:49:29 PM »
Does anyone have the Sept. 68 Issue of Car Craft? I have the other three parts of the Dick Scritchfield T-Bucket build, but I want to see how he mounted the corvair steering box, its in Pt 4 of the "Car Craft Street Rod project" in that issue.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #227 on: June 13, 2017, 02:18:51 AM »
Some circa early seventies photos of the above car. That's Cam Grants home-made fiberglass chevy roadster in the background. The top photo was from a show in Burnaby BC in 1971.
Brizio liked Bill Traquair’s T.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #228 on: June 13, 2017, 09:57:18 AM »
Some circa early seventies photos of the above car. That's Cam Grants home-made fiberglass chevy roadster in the background. The top photo was from a show in Burnaby BC in 1971.
You wouldn't think it would, but pearl titty pink really works on that car. ;D Its a really good looking car, beautifully finished, TONS of chrome and polished aluminum. I love the gennie Hurst Airheart calipers, sixties coolness of the highest order.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2017, 08:18:23 PM »
You wouldn't think it would, but pearl titty pink really works on that car. ;D Its a really good looking car, beautifully finished, TONS of chrome and polished aluminum. I love the gennie Hurst Airheart calipers, sixties coolness of the highest order.
There's a really nice write up of it in the new Rodding USA issue # 26. 6 pgs..Those rotors were made by Gary Lang.Those are a work of art.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2017, 09:22:52 PM »
There's a really nice write up of it in the new Rodding USA issue # 26. 6 pgs..Those rotors were made by Gary Lang.Those are a work of art.
Gary made a bunch of the parts on that car, header caps, caliper mounts, aircleaner tops just to mention a couple more. Both cars were VERY trick for the era.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #231 on: June 17, 2017, 09:32:46 AM »
Here's a blast from the past - Kit Carlisle's T featured in Hot Rod March 1965

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #232 on: June 17, 2017, 02:01:59 PM »
Heres the whole PHR article on the Dick Thompson car.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2017, 09:10:00 PM »
the more I look at this, the more I like the proportions, the rear axle is a little further back than most of the cars I am influenced by, looks like its centered on the bed. Its really growing on me.
 I have already decided to mock up different rear axle positions before I weld the new spring buckets in, once I get my rear tires/wheels, I am going to mock this up and experiment with it a bit.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #234 on: June 19, 2017, 06:12:10 PM »
T bucket

Fordors

« Reply #235 on: June 19, 2017, 06:35:07 PM »
T bucket

That intake manifold is a rare item. I can't recall the details or maker but it used three carbs of one style and one lone 97. Seems like it had something to do with the firing order, or so the guy that designed it said. Anybody know about it?
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2017, 03:44:25 PM »
Good stance. Add paint, flat white headers, 98-99 King Bees, drums and americans on the front and an injected 327, and its pretty much where I hope mine will end up.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #237 on: June 23, 2017, 06:30:57 PM »
'63 Corvair tail-lights, these are what I plan to use on mine. This car is glass, mine is steel, the stock tailgate hinges wont work with these, so I will have to sort that out. I would kind of like to use chains and hooks on my tailgate with upholstery sleeves over them, but I am not sure how that will look without the stock hinges.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2017, 03:17:03 PM »
With fenders.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #239 on: June 25, 2017, 03:23:17 PM »
T