JUST MODEL A ROADSTER PICKUPS

Thirty2ragtop

Re: JUST MODEL A ROADSTER PICKUPS
« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2018, 02:33:58 PM »
Roadster Pickup from 8883 3rd st S.F.Ca.
"Butcher Town" Hot Rod........perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29bowtie

« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2018, 05:33:06 PM »
 ;) From coverage of Guglong Australia last weekend. ;) Photo by Holtys Photos.
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2018, 02:23:10 AM »
Who's little red roadster went on to be a AMBR winner ?
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2018, 08:34:09 AM »

Dennis Varni ?  He brought his roadster to the Lone Star Roundup a couple of years ago.  Other than myself I never saw anyone take a close look at it.  To me ,'tradition' includes history.  It was the most famous hot rod at the show.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2018, 10:32:38 AM »

Dennis Varni ?  He brought his roadster to the Lone Star Roundup a couple of years ago.  Other than myself I never saw anyone take a close look at it.  To me ,'tradition' includes history.  It was the most famous hot rod at the show.
And to some other guys, tradition excludes history, especially when it contradicts their version of it, which is pretty much all the time. Rant over. ;D
Wanted: Used +030 TRW L2249 or Speed Pro 7061P 12.5/1 289/302 ford pistons

Fordors

« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2018, 11:11:24 AM »

And even though his cars are show quality he doesn't just drive 'em he's willing to thrash them. Who remembers the R&C tire test article?
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2018, 11:32:39 AM »

And even though his cars are show quality he doesn't just drive 'em he's willing to thrash them. Who remembers the R&C tire test article?
I have it, I should dig it out and scan it.
Wanted: Used +030 TRW L2249 or Speed Pro 7061P 12.5/1 289/302 ford pistons

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2018, 07:32:15 PM »

Bingo Tom.Dennis is a hell of a nice guy.It's always a treat seeing his garage.

29bowtie

« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2018, 08:49:55 PM »

I remember it at an indoor show in Vancouver parked in a corner with no ropes or signage, and I spent hours studying it, while many people walked right by, hardly glancing at it. Probably the most exotic hot rod at the show. ::)

Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2018, 08:59:29 PM »

Ya he does.

3 deuces

« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2018, 12:32:02 AM »
i drove 30 miles in my roadster with no top in a tucson thunder storm,told my wife not to make eye contact with anyone cause they think were nuts.