Bug-In 39

Red

Bug-In 39
« on: April 21, 2014, 08:51:43 AM »
Had a nice time of it yesterday at Irwindale Raceway... it's always fun catching up with old friends, seeing some cool cars and savoring
a few cold beers.  Darrell Vittone made the long (1100 miles each way) trip down from Oregon for a match race (best two out of three) with
the Schley Brothers that left the crowd in the stands begging for more... the BEST! 8)  A few pics of the day....

Red

Re: Bug-In 39
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 08:46:29 AM »
 :)

Red

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 08:49:34 AM »
 :o

Red

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 08:52:45 AM »
 ;D

Red

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 08:56:24 AM »
 8)

Red

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 09:04:57 AM »
 ;)  Keith Seume flew over from the UK to drive the Hunsaker car for Ron Fleming (Ron works the races).  Nice seeing Darrell's right
hand man Colin in the pits, too... it had been too many years!

Striper

• Whetstone Pinstriping
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 01:05:32 AM »
Some really nice cars in that mix . thanks for sharing .
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 06:53:40 AM »
Nice pics of nice cars!  Thanks Red.

Red

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »
My pleasure, guys!  Luckily, I got to go to many Bug-In events when they were held at OCIR... lots more VW clubs back then with big displays
and, in my opinion, better looking cars.  But you can't have it all... seeing old friends and socializing make attending nowadays well worth it! :)

Striper

• Whetstone Pinstriping
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 02:41:43 PM »
Red , I too went to several of the Bug-ins at OCIR when they were put on by Vic Wilson and Rich Kimball. At first they made me a car show judge but after to many long days in the sun I asked if I could help with something not so time consuming . That was when they made me the offer to be an event queen contest judge , not a bad gig being in a room with a bunch of cuties trying to impress you !! It was tough duty , but someone had to do it .
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

Red

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 04:34:17 PM »

Red , I too went to several of the Bug-ins at OCIR when they were put on by Vic Wilson and Rich Kimball. At first they made me a car show judge but after to many long days in the sun I asked if I could help with something not so time consuming . That was when they made me the offer to be an event queen contest judge , not a bad gig being in a room with a bunch of cuties trying to impress you !! It was tough duty , but someone had to do it .

Ahhh, the good old days...  a shot of Vic with said cuties 8)