Vintage Motorcycles

jaded iconoclast

Re: Vintage Motorcycles
« Reply #272 on: September 21, 2017, 06:25:02 PM »
Series II Royal Enfield 750 Interceptor. Note the differences in the bottom end between this bike and the bike in post #269 .The series II had a totally revised bottom end, unfortunately it came out in 1970, and didn't last long before they went out of business, they only made 137 Series II RE 750's. Nice bike, pretty rare. This one has a Norton front brake, not factory.

Rickman bought up the remaining engines and put them in his moly frame with fiberglass tanks, rear-sets and clip-ons, and sold them in '71 as the Rickman Interceptor, VERY few were made, uber rare and valuable factory built café racer, I have never even seen one in person.
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2017, 06:26:50 PM »
Vincent Comet single. Always lost in the "shadow" ;D of its bigger brother.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2017, 09:05:09 PM »
I am only about a third of the way through the bike show photos, but somewhere around here I also have an album of photos I shot at the Trev Deely motorcycle museum about a decade ago, if you guys want to see those, I can dig them up and post those too. Theres some REAL exotica in there, like one of Cal Rayburns XR750 road racers, an OK Supreme, some other really cool offbeat stuff. if you guys are interested, I will try to find that album and post some pics after I finish the bike show stuff.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2017, 09:55:04 PM »
I am only about a third of the way through the bike show photos, but somewhere around here I also have an album of photos I shot at the Trev Deely motorcycle museum about a decade ago, if you guys want to see those, I can dig them up and post those too. Theres some REAL exotica in there, like one of Cal Rayburns XR750 road racers, an OK Supreme, some other really cool offbeat stuff. if you guys are interested, I will try to find that album and post some pics after I finish the bike show stuff.

Well I dig just about all motorsports history so I'm in!

29bowtie

« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2017, 11:25:24 PM »

You know I'm always in! ;)
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

29bowtie

« Reply #277 on: September 22, 2017, 12:26:18 AM »
Portrait of an unidentified man sitting on a Harley Davidson Model 7A motorcycle,1911.

29bowtie

« Reply #278 on: September 22, 2017, 12:49:02 AM »
Group portrait of motorcycle road patrol officers - Jacksonville, Florida,1955.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #279 on: September 22, 2017, 10:34:52 AM »

Well I dig just about all motorsports history so I'm in!
I will start looking for it, I haven't seen it for a while, but its here somewhere. Hope I'm not boring guys with all this brit bike trivia.

DavyJ

« Reply #280 on: September 22, 2017, 04:54:49 PM »
If anyone is bored around here,  it just means their motor is getting bigger  ;D ;D

Looking forward to the information and pics, it is always welcome! I too am fascinated by almost anything with wheels.....
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #281 on: September 22, 2017, 07:27:40 PM »
crappy photo of a Vincent Black Prince. One thing you will notice when you look at a lot of Vincents, even the prettiest show bikes will have modifications that make them more practical and rideable. Almost all Vincent guys ride the hell out of their stuff, which is somewhat odd when you consider what they are worth, and how much they are targeted by thieves. My brother and I inherited one from our dad, we discussed it at length, and decided to sell it, because we were afraid to use it, we both felt we would constantly be worried about it getting ripped off, and figured it would make us reluctant to use it as intended, yet guys ride the hell out of them. Its funny how many you see with panniers and luggage boxes! :D

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #282 on: September 22, 2017, 07:30:00 PM »
Heres a great example of what I was talking about above, a BEAUTIFULLY restored China Red one, with big honkin K&N filters sticking out.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #283 on: September 22, 2017, 07:37:04 PM »
Another great example, a black shadow with panniers, a luggage box, and a radar detector. Typical Vincent.

DavyJ

« Reply #284 on: September 22, 2017, 08:56:46 PM »
A couple of pics of late rodder Jim Thomas' square four during restoration. the bike was finished after he passed and shown at the grand national show
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #285 on: September 22, 2017, 09:46:38 PM »
Dave, heres another 4 pipe squariel I shot at the "Tom the Tire Guy" show about 5 years ago.

29bowtie

« Reply #286 on: October 04, 2017, 12:16:21 PM »
Great photo of Zack Suhr, riding his vintage HD.

29bowtie

« Reply #287 on: October 10, 2017, 02:03:47 PM »
Miami Police Department's motor squad - Miami, Florida 1921.