HOW ABOUT SOME SLOT CARS

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
HOW ABOUT SOME SLOT CARS
« on: November 09, 2013, 02:37:18 PM »
I'AM SURE MOST OF US HAVE DONE IT.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

TS3X65MPH

Re: HOW ABOUT SOME SLOT CARS
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 02:39:33 PM »
Steve Okeefe Popsicle Stick Wing Car 

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 02:41:37 PM »
COX CHAPARRAL 2E MAG FRAME WITH KIT BOX 124 SLOT CAR

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 02:48:27 PM »
COX CHAPARRAL 2E MAG FRAME WITH KIT BOX 124 SLOT CAR

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 02:49:47 PM »
Vintage Slot Car

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 02:51:13 PM »
YMCA

DavyJ

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 04:58:14 PM »
I still have a 1/24th Eldon set,  packed away with an old Lionel train set. Maybe time to get it from the attic and put it up again.................
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

flatheadv8s

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 12:20:04 AM »
Ken Smith's collection
Life is like a toilet roll. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 12:33:57 PM »
A few Goody's.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 03:37:33 PM »
Wow, what a collection !  I still have my old Aurora HO set up in the attic; wonder if it still works...

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2015, 03:54:32 PM »
Wow, what a collection !  I still have my old Aurora HO set up in the attic; wonder if it still works...
Just use some steel wool on the track.

TS3X65MPH

SLOT CAR RACING
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 12:20:12 PM »
Slot car track.

Fordors

Re: SLOT CAR RACING
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 03:30:08 PM »
Slot car track.

Looks like Ed Sullivan standing off on left near TV camera, and from right I think I see Jackie Stewart's long hair, guy with bald head has to be Stirling Moss, but the next guys???
I wasn't much good as a road race slot car guy, but I did build a lot of drag race slots early on. The Pittman 85X 6 volt motor was the top dog BITD and then Ram came out with their 850 Pittman clone with it's 7 pole armature and thinner laminations which added up to more torque. I was the same Joe, I blew all my coin at the hobby shop, but those were good, clean, fun times.
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 03:47:35 PM »
Slot car track.

Looks like Ed Sullivan standing off on left near TV camera, and from right I think I see Jackie Stewart's long hair, guy with bald head has to be Stirling Moss, but the next guys???
I wasn't much good as a road race slot car guy, but I did build a lot of drag race slots early on. The Pittman 85X 6 volt motor was the top dog BITD and then Ram came out with their 850 Pittman clone with it's 7 pole armature and thinner laminations which added up to more torque. I was the same Joe, I blew all my coin at the hobby shop, but those were good, clean, fun times.
Your Right Fordors.I use to race wing cars.I built my own frames.My uncle even made his own tires for his cars.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 08:37:46 PM »
I had a combination of Aurora and TYCO HO scale slot cars.  My Dad made me a table from a solid-wood door; I designed a track to fit on the door, 4-lanes wide, that had an equal number of right and left turns.  I need to dig that stuff out; it's been in my attic for years.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 09:27:47 PM »
Started this thread 3 yrs ago.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 09:59:47 PM »
I merged the 2 topics.

lurker mick

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 12:09:13 AM »
This is a very early 50's Tico (not Tyco) slot car set from my collection. The 2 hot rods are battery powered and race around the slotted non electric track, much like the more modern slot cars but without controllers.

Mick

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 01:08:24 AM »
This is a very early 50's Tico (not Tyco) slot car set from my collection. The 2 hot rods are battery powered and race around the slotted non electric track, much like the more modern slot cars but without controllers.

Mick
Very cool Mick.

oldsjoe

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 08:46:53 AM »
The track I used to frequent had a figure 8 and a Talladega track built to scale and a scale 1/4 mile drag strip complete with Christmas tree and a real drag chute  balled up at the end to catch the run off. My older brother had one of those Chaparral's.  Joe 
Living the DREAM!!! One nut and bolt at a time!

Tex-Vett

• Love Pound'n Gears In My "Texas Corvette"
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 04:38:12 PM »
Did You Say Slot Car Drag Racing ?? :) ;) :o ??? ::) 8)
We Had A Local Hobby Shop-In Oakley ( A Suburb In Cincinnati,Ohio) That Had=3-Diffrent Road Coarses, &  A 1/4 Mile To....1/25 Scale Drag Racing Track,That Had A Stock-12 Volt Class,A Modified 24-Volt Class, A Highly Modified 30-Volt Class & A Unlimited 36-Volt Class!!! With Restrictive Rules For Each Class !!!!
At A Tuesday Night Weekly Class Elimination  &  A Monthly Tuesday Night Elimination Winners Runoff!!!

Sorry.... I Don't Have Any Photo's From That Time In My Life !!! I Was Too Busy-Building & Racing The...    ( 3 ) Top Class Cars:
A 24-Volt ... Wheel Standing (HeavyWeight) Revel Body 57-Corvette With A Ram-Side Winder Motor,
A 30-Volt... Revel Body 67-Corvette Coupe With A Modified Ram-Side Winder 6-Volt Motor,
&  A Unlimited 36-Volt ... Rear Engine Side Winder, Magnesium Rail With A ......(Max. Lightened Housing, Klinks Slow Cure-Baked On Epoxy Motor Windings, Ground - Motor Shafts, Comentator &  Armature, Ballanced, Full Precisioned Ball Bearing, High Tension Heavyduty Brushes -To Handle Very High R.P.M. W/O Floating, Ram- 3-Volt Motor) Running on 36-Volts, All Ball Bearing Rear Axil With Quick Adjust Housing Attached Directly To Motor (As Motor Was Part Of Chassis), Percision Matched Gears On Axil & Motor, Etc. (Timing Lights Could Not Keep Up With This Car)!!!!
(A Lot Of Th Tricks On This Car Trickled Down To The Other Two Cars Where Allowable)
It Was A Funn.... But, Busy Time In My Life !!!!!  ....John
Drop Da Hammer, Smook'n Da Hydes, Run Da Qtr., Drift Th.Turns, Pound Da Gears & Go'n To Cruise-Ins !

Fordors

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 05:26:11 PM »
I generally ran the 36 V dragster class with a Pittman 85X until the Ram stuff came out. I used to put ball bearings in the end plates that were also lightened, and naturally the armature was epoxy coated so it wouldn't throw the windings. One time we went to another shop for the first time and the guys I ran with had some pretty quick cars. The epoxy we used had a white tint to it and the guys from that shop were convinced it was a "speed secret"! Ah, youth, with it's impressionable minds.
Last one I remember building was a '64 or '65 Malibu, the body came from an AMT kit and was molded in yellow making it perfect for my Tom Sturm "Just 4 Chevy Lovers" recreation. Should'a kept that stuff, but I'm sure all here have said that a time or two.
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

oldsjoe

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 04:14:07 PM »
Did You Say Slot Car Drag Racing ?? :) ;) :o ??? ::) 8)
We Had A Local Hobby Shop-In Oakley ( A Suburb In Cincinnati,Ohio) That Had=3-Diffrent Road Coarses, &  A 1/4 Mile To....1/25 Scale Drag Racing Track,That Had A Stock-12 Volt Class,A Modified 24-Volt Class, A Highly Modified 30-Volt Class & A Unlimited 36-Volt Class!!! With Restrictive Rules For Each Class !!!!
At A Tuesday Night Weekly Class Elimination  &  A Monthly Tuesday Night Elimination Winners Runoff!!!

Sorry.... I Don't Have Any Photo's From That Time In My Life !!! I Was Too Busy-Building & Racing The...    ( 3 ) Top Class Cars:
A 24-Volt ... Wheel Standing (HeavyWeight) Revel Body 57-Corvette With A Ram-Side Winder Motor,
A 30-Volt... Revel Body 67-Corvette Coupe With A Modified Ram-Side Winder 6-Volt Motor,
&  A Unlimited 36-Volt ... Rear Engine Side Winder, Magnesium Rail With A ......(Max. Lightened Housing, Klinks Slow Cure-Baked On Epoxy Motor Windings, Ground - Motor Shafts, Comentator &  Armature, Ballanced, Full Precisioned Ball Bearing, High Tension Heavyduty Brushes -To Handle Very High R.P.M. W/O Floating, Ram- 3-Volt Motor) Running on 36-Volts, All Ball Bearing Rear Axil With Quick Adjust Housing Attached Directly To Motor (As Motor Was Part Of Chassis), Percision Matched Gears On Axil & Motor, Etc. (Timing Lights Could Not Keep Up With This Car)!!!!
(A Lot Of Th Tricks On This Car Trickled Down To The Other Two Cars Where Allowable)
It Was A Funn.... But, Busy Time In My Life !!!!!  ....John

That is the same track I'm talking about John. Spent a lot of time there watching you old guys race! Us young snot nosed kids had nothing that fast!  Joe
Living the DREAM!!! One nut and bolt at a time!

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2016, 11:34:47 PM »
Slot car track.

The others were Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, and Dan Gurney.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 11:38:58 PM »
Elvis Presley had a room at Graceland totally devoted to slot cars. Rumors abounded that it was a King track, but further investigation revealed that it was a custom built design made to fit the room and built by famed Texas track builder Stan Engleman.

Fordors

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2016, 08:40:32 AM »
Slot car track.

The others were Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, and Dan Gurney.

Great detective work finding that ad Beppie, thanks.

29bowtie

Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

DavyJ

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2016, 05:17:43 PM »
Saw this pair of Scalectrix Ferrari's today at a collectable show,  thought it was worth sharing...........priced at $80 for the set,  did not seem too bad either...........

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2016, 02:00:21 AM »
60s Atlas NOS Lola T-70 1/24 Zerex Special.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2016, 07:52:47 PM »

duaneshotrods

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2016, 07:26:08 AM »
Get the stance right, followed by fit & finish.

DavyJ

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2016, 08:45:06 PM »
that would take a few hours to enjoy!

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2017, 07:54:06 PM »
Nice track

DavyJ

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2017, 09:50:05 PM »
The old Aurora HO tracks were fast 

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2017, 06:57:13 PM »
The old Aurora HO tracks were fast

I still have mine; up in the attic.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2017, 11:07:19 PM »
60s Atlas NOS Lola T-70 1/24 Zerex Special.

I have an AMT "kit" in the closet that has the exact same body in it.
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2017, 08:38:26 PM »
1970-71 Phaze III Group 12 RTR

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2017, 08:38:58 PM »
Batman & Robin

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2017, 09:53:20 PM »
It is a truly unique piece being the last track built, handcrafted and milled by hand, from NSR in November 2003, inspired by the  Montecarlo circuit.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2017, 09:54:47 PM »
Vintage