Out and About

Red

Re: Out and About
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 07:47:57 PM »
Took a drive over to Corona yesterday to visit fellow DKP member Scott Pescuma.  Scott's a hands-on car builder who's not afraid to tackle much
of anything from engine builds to painting.  His latest project is a '62 Notchback that is being meticulously striped on a large rotisserie in the four car garage http://dkpcarclub.com/blog/members-project-updates/scotts-1962-notchback-project/.  What I had initially come to see though, was an engine build he was getting started on for another club member's Karmann Ghia build.  Lets see, which heads should I use.....

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 07:48:24 PM »
Nice.  Does he do the machining also ?

I see that he also collects vintage toy construction sets - I had Tinker Toys & an Erector Set when I was a kid.

Red

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 07:49:52 PM »
Nice.  Does he do the machining also ?

I see that he also collects vintage toy construction sets - I had Tinker Toys & an Erector Set when I was a kid.

No, those heads get farmed out to Jeff Denham  http://www.4inbore.com/

That fourth garage used to be filled with a bitchin' train layout a couple of years ago.  I think Scott has the market cornered on old Tinker Toy sets
and Darrell Vittone on Erector Sets... amazing!

mike_h

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 07:50:34 PM »
I'm bored ... here's an east-coast outing from a few years back. So the morning starts at a pal's shop.

Stop for coffee.

Arrive on site. This is a small show put on by a local club, and we love invading it loudly.

Fun day out. I have a few more recent ones if I ever upload the pics to a host sometime.

Not a bad showing for Pennsylvania, right?   :o
Half a mile from the county fair.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 07:53:01 PM »
Nice cars from the east !  I especially like this one - what is the color (turquoise green?), and who makes those wheels ?

mike_h

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 07:53:39 PM »
Thanks Tom. That's Agave Green, '56–'58 factory color. The wheels are the re-pop Ansens from Flat-4 a few years back. It's one of my favorite cars ... oozes cool and gets driven hard.

Red

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2013, 07:54:44 PM »
Nice job there Mike... thanks for posting up!!  How come you let that deuce and a half park in the middle of your line-up?? sheeeeeesh!!! >:(

Here's a nice Flower Power bus that managed to sneak into the Nostalgia Hot Rod area at the Winternat's yesterday... the nerve!!! ;D

mike_h

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2013, 07:55:17 PM »
He was there first. We swarmed it.

Why'd you trade your car on that thing???  :P

57SNRF

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2013, 07:55:40 PM »
Thanks for the pics, guys!

Red

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 08:05:59 PM »
Why'd you trade your car on that thing???  :P

:o :o why you little.... >:(

Moving right along here.... Took a ride over to club brother Allen Weiss' house this morning to watch him assist Scott on a balancing and blueprinting lesson.  Allen used to be a machinist and can actually still read a micrometer :o!  I noticed that his race motor was strewn over the work bench and managed to snap a couple of spy shots of the important stuff before being ushered out of the garage... ;)  Allen's motor is a
stout 86 x 96.9 fuel injected monster... the top piston is a 94mm from Scott's build for size comparison.  The rods are Carrillo and the cam a
top secret grind from Shawn Geers Racing.  The last shot is Scott's build after all the balancing and blueprinting was finally finished....  ::);D  Time
for a beer! 8)

DavyJ

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 08:08:03 PM »
Here are a few I spotted at the Detroit Autorama yesterday.
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

Red

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2013, 08:08:32 PM »
Thanks for posting up, Davey... Nice to see some VW's inside the show for a change ;)

johnl

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2013, 08:08:59 PM »
Davey, I agree with Red.  Normally I don't care for sedans done in a two-tone but that Oval in Black and Red is really SWEET....   :P
Volkswagens Limited 1964
Der Kleiner Panzers 1965

mike_h

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2013, 08:09:32 PM »

I don't know who's Ghia, it just appeared. They attract friends!

Red

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 08:11:51 PM »
Spotted this clean '57 in Pacific Grove last week while on vacation.  We were amazed that it spent the night on the street
and was still there the next morning :o  The interior was as nice as the exterior... there was even a small box of detailing
products and microfiber towels on the back seat. 8)

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2013, 08:14:59 PM »
small world; I was there 4/5-4/10 !  Stayed at the Centrella Inn.  Saw this notchback in Monterey.  Not in the best of shape, but I don't see these too often.