Engines

DavyJ

Re: Engines
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2017, 06:59:31 PM »
For such a simple motor, some of those are sure complicated!
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

Red

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 06:50:50 AM »

8)

....I like the engine in the first pic best; nice color combo plus I have always liked the VW mint green.

I agree... that fan shroud looks like the craftsmanship of Dave "PIP" Pipoly.  Dave turns out some stunning creations
and is the mind-behind Der Blitzkrieg Kafers VW club.

Red

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 07:02:55 AM »

For such a simple motor, some of those are sure complicated!

By far, the most complicated engine / car is that black '67 with the back fenders and apron removed.
It belongs to Steve Niendorf who took years and many wallets full of money to complete.  Nowadays,
there are no shortage of engine combos to chose from... all the way up to 3,000 cc's!  Ron Lumus offers
the billet case and built the maze of aircraft fittings and braided line on the tan oval window... amazing!

Red

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 04:59:53 PM »
 :o

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 06:44:19 PM »
Wow !  So when does it stop becoming a VW engine ?

Red

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 07:02:00 AM »

Wow !  So when does it stop becoming a VW engine ?

Well, there's so much out there these days to choose from when considering an engine build!  For me, less has always been more, so no
turbo or fuel injection, excessive wiring, fuel regulators and electric pumps or stuff that has a history of failing; keep it simple!  My way...

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2017, 07:35:08 AM »
Looks great.  Love those Webers!

Red

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2017, 06:03:42 PM »

Looks great.  Love those Webers!

Hey, thanks!  The set on this motor are old Italian models (as opposed to Spanish or Chinese).  I bought them from a guy who owned an alcohol sand rail.  Every jet
had been drilled or messed with and the venturies were too big.  Another lesson learned... ::)

Red

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2017, 07:35:36 AM »
A few more...