Hot Rod Art

Red

Re: Hot Rod Art
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 11:29:10 AM »
Thanks for a nice thread 32drifter!  Here's a couple of things from the walls of our home and a few I did in my miss-guided youth many years ago.... ::)

oldsjoe

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 03:43:55 PM »
Very cool work RED thanks for sharing your personal stash!  Joe
Living the DREAM!!! One nut and bolt at a time!

32drifter

• Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R. Tolkien
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 05:29:30 PM »
Red, COOL stuff. Were you influenced at all by Surfer Joe of Surfer magazine fame?

Red

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »

Very cool work RED thanks for sharing your personal stash!  Joe

;D Thanks, Joe!

Red, COOL stuff. Were you influenced at all by Surfer Joe of Surfer magazine fame?

Thanks for the props, 32d! :)  I was a hodad but relished every issue of Surfer Magazine and idolized Rick Griffin's "Murphy".  Lots of real valuable class time
was spent doodling ::)  How much time does it take you to produce one of your wood burnings?  Really nice work 8)

32drifter

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 07:45:52 AM »
Red, I have never really timed my burnings but if I had to guess I'd say it takes about 8-10 hrs. It's a slow process and I take a lot of breaks. LOL   P.S. Also, although I live in TN. I spent my time between cars and skateboards.  And still have a Jacobs 9' 10" surfboard hanging in my garage. BUT hot rods have won out in my later life.

32drifter

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 07:56:20 AM »
Saw these on ebay, very interesting:

32drifter

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 07:57:15 AM »
a few more:

Chopped

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 02:30:04 AM »
Some stuff from the past... The first one is a 30 x 40 painting of a Corvette I call 'Self Portrait' because there is a reflection of me in the headlight bezel : ) plus a C1 Corvette is on my 'Bucket List'!  The second photo is a painting I did for a good friend's birthday. This is a painting of his 34 cabriolet with his restored Victorian home reflected into the side of the car.  I used pearl paints to create subtle secondary reflections, it is difficult piece to photograph.     

32drifter

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2015, 07:39:57 AM »
Can't get enough of this stuff... keep 'em coming.  ;D

oldsjoe

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2015, 08:04:23 AM »
Let me make this clear! I am  by no means any kind of artist! What I post is works of other people I have run across on the web, or has been sent to me by others! I can not in any way take credit for any of these pieces of art. I may have mistaken the title of this post. The only artistic talent I have is making a mess out of what ever it is I'm trying to draw, or paint! You guy's on the other hand have talent and artistic ability's oozing out in very fine fashion! If I am ruining your original intension of this post please delete what I have posted. Here are a couple more from my files done by others.     Joe

32drifter

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2015, 10:36:56 AM »
Let me make this clear! I am  by no means any kind of artist! What I post is works of other people I have run across on the web, or has been sent to me by others! I can not in any way take credit for any of these pieces of art. I may have mistaken the title of this post. The only artistic talent I have is making a mess out of what ever it is I'm trying to draw, or paint! You guy's on the other hand have talent and artistic ability's oozing out in very fine fashion! If I am ruining your original intension of this post please delete what I have posted. Here are a couple more from my files done by others.     Joe
Absolutely NOT !  I just enjoy the artwork and hope others do too. It is just cool to see people express their love for cars in a creative way. Just another way to express this GREAT hobby and what it means to each of us.  Keep sending the art work for all of us to enjoy!  THANKS!

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2015, 10:56:54 AM »
Some stuff from the past... The first one is a 30 x 40 painting of a Corvette I call 'Self Portrait' because there is a reflection of me in the headlight bezel : ) plus a C1 Corvette is on my 'Bucket List'!  The second photo is a painting I did for a good friend's birthday. This is a painting of his 34 cabriolet with his restored Victorian home reflected into the side of the car.  I used pearl paints to create subtle secondary reflections, it is difficult piece to photograph.   

Amazing work, Chris !  Thanks for sharing them.

Chopped

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2015, 06:11:08 PM »
Thanks Tom.  Here are a couple of more.   On the G Force Cuda Poster, I did not do the actual poster only the design and concept art work.  The cover art was for a roadster I did design work on, I sent him a framed piece of art of this image as a gift, I was honored by having him hang it in his shop bathroom stall!  ::)       

oldsjoe

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2015, 06:47:12 PM »
I have saved quite a collection here are some more.  Joe

32drifter

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2015, 01:56:25 PM »
Here's a couple from Darrell Mayabb:

Striper

• Whetstone Pinstriping
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2015, 11:37:05 PM »
Not only is Darrel a great guy , but what an incredible talent .
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis