THINGS THAT SPIN - WHEELS, TIRES & CAPS !

jaded iconoclast

Re: THINGS THAT SPIN - WHEELS, TIRES & CAPS !
« Reply #528 on: March 19, 2018, 08:56:28 PM »
Pirelli tires on American Magnesium 15x4's
Are those yours? The Pirellis are a nice touch.
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #529 on: March 19, 2018, 08:58:38 PM »
PAIR OF CRAGAR SUPER TRICK FRONT RUNNERS FOR ANGLIA SPINDLE MOUNT HUBS
I love Super Tricks with the original greenish anodizing intact. Hard to find now!

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #530 on: March 20, 2018, 01:58:15 AM »
No.But I run the same 5 spokes on the front & these on the back.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #531 on: March 20, 2018, 02:09:32 PM »
The ones in the pic are later ones with a slightly different tread pattern, but the Pirelli Cinturatos (sp?) were THE classic front tire on gassers in the sixties. Tell that to a dedicated hambone, and watch him have a seizure...

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #532 on: April 12, 2018, 05:25:12 PM »
BIN 6,000
18" magnesium 6 pin Halibrand smoothie wheels. The fronts are 18x4 3/4" and the rears are 18x7 1/4"

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #533 on: April 16, 2018, 08:46:09 PM »
sorry about the crappy photo, its raining so hard I wont even go outside, lights in the garage are pretty crappy. I picked these up off craigslist yesterday for $300 cdn, the wheels are about a 7, the tires barely have the tits worn off, look like about a thousand miles on them. Gave 'em a good scrub with Brasso, and rubbed 'em down with carnuba, they look pretty good. These are going on the front of my '66 Chevy II wagon. Now I just gotta get a pair of 15x7s and M/T drag radials for the back. I'm ok running uni-lugs on the front, but I really want direct drill on the back, so I will probably have to buy those new. Probably wouldn't hurt to finish the damned interior and get some paint on it... ::) ;D

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #534 on: April 16, 2018, 09:19:43 PM »
The ones in the pic are later ones with a slightly different tread pattern, but the Pirelli Cinturatos (sp?) were THE classic front tire on gassers in the sixties. Tell that to a dedicated hambone, and watch him have a seizure...
I run these on the back now & 145 Michelin's my friend gave me.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #535 on: April 16, 2018, 09:44:14 PM »

What are the tires, Towel City?

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #536 on: April 16, 2018, 10:00:33 PM »

Yes they are George.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #537 on: April 17, 2018, 02:20:09 PM »

Yes they are George.
Whats your overall impression so far? They are the 16 rim by 10.5 wide, right? Have you balanced them yet? Did they need a lot of weight? Are you happy with them so far?

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #538 on: April 17, 2018, 03:08:32 PM »

[/quote]
Yes they are George.
[/quote]
Whats your overall impression so far? They are the 16 rim by 10.5 wide, right? Have you balanced them yet? Did they need a lot of weight? Are you happy with them so far?
[/quote]
So far so good.There the hard to find magnesium 15x8.5 deep barrel wheels.Didn't need to much weight.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #539 on: April 17, 2018, 04:05:49 PM »

Yes they are George.
[/quote]
[/quote]
So far so good.There the hard to find magnesium 15x8.5 deep barrel wheels.Didn't need to much weight.
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback. Chip liked them too. I will probably be getting a pair of the 16x10 for my T-Bucket. I'm still trying to decide between them and the M&H 12x16 "Nostalgia"
http://www.mandhtires.com/M-H-Racemaster-Drag-Slicks/12.00-16-Nostalgia#.WtZhS7R1qM8
The Towel City are probably more durable on the street, but I think the M&H wrinklewalls would out-hook them by a wide margin. How are they traction-wise? Will they dead hook from a standing start on your car, or is there some wheelspin? If they do break loose, hows the recovery?

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #540 on: April 18, 2018, 12:02:24 PM »

Yes they are George.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback. Chip liked them too. I will probably be getting a pair of the 16x10 for my T-Bucket. I'm still trying to decide between them and the M&H 12x16 "Nostalgia"
http://www.mandhtires.com/M-H-Racemaster-Drag-Slicks/12.00-16-Nostalgia#.WtZhS7R1qM8
The Towel City are probably more durable on the street, but I think the M&H wrinklewalls would out-hook them by a wide margin. How are they traction-wise? Will they dead hook from a standing start on your car, or is there some wheelspin? If they do break loose, hows the recovery?
[/quote]
 I won't be doing any holeshots with the car any more.To costly for the quickchange.Was super lucky I didn't bust the case.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #541 on: April 18, 2018, 12:38:33 PM »

Yes they are George.
[/quote]

[/quote]
 I won't be doing any holeshots with the car any more.To costly for the quickchange. Was super lucky I didn't bust the case.
[/quote] Yikes! That why I am putting a smoothback 9" with a nodular carrier and big pinion support in the T!  ;) Git it on! :)