What was your first car?

ohio32

What was your first car?
« on: April 06, 2013, 12:01:58 PM »
I know my dads first car was a 50 merc. He was working for a local Pontiac dealer and bought me my first car for $200.00 when I was 14 years old. By the time I was 16 we had the old 72 GTO looking pretty good.

DavyJ

Re: What was your first car?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 04:03:43 PM »
Great looking first ride,   my first car was not that impressive,   a 59 Thames panel. It was the shop vehicle for my Dad's Sunoco station. I took it and had it painted and ready for the road when I was 15..  Driving a non synchro 3 spd with  a 4 cyl flathead was not impressive, but having a miniature panel truck with a leopard skin interior in the late 60's was enlightening.....................of course the 57 hardtop i was building by the time I was 16 was quite a different affair,  flip front, street gasser.................   by the time I hit 18 I was working part time at a local speed shop, got to play with an A/F dragster that was a fun ride............
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

roger

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 06:26:07 PM »
My first car was a 1930 Model A tudor sedan.  It never more than 3 consecutive days all the time I had it.  But it was fun when it was running.

pat

• Jack off all trades,master of nun!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 07:21:38 PM »
My first car was a 55 Chevy 2dr Sedan. That was followed by a 66 Chevelle and then a 69 Camaro RS-SS.

Daves 40cp

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 10:23:07 AM »
My first car was a '57 Plymouth. FH/6 3sp. Put a Moon metalflake green steering wheel in it, a SparkOMatic conversion kit and turned the torsion bars to lower it. I thought it was cool. My auto shop teacher called it The Green Latrine!
Daves 40cp