A great day at my old shop

Groucho

A great day at my old shop
« on: March 18, 2013, 03:02:19 PM »
About 9 yrs ago I moved my shop and scaled down a LOT. Many reasons, some good, some not. No big deal. But, my shop was really boomin for a long time, no complaints. Here's a pic of a somewhat average day (night actually, as all the toys are tucked away like this so I can close up and go home) at Groucho's Performance. Tube chassis 65 vette on the shelf, my all alum. BBC, tube chassis, street driven Willys, the red 70 LS-6 Chevelle (engine job), yellow 69 396 Chevelle (engine job), and Larry Dixon Jr's 66 Nova (I don't remember beyond some rear end mods/improvements)
If you don't drive it, don't talk to me

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
Re: A great day at my old shop
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:42:21 PM »
Looks like you're still pretty busy !  Did you build the chassis for the 'Vette ?  I'd like to hear about it.  And the Willys too, btw.

Groucho

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 05:42:58 PM »
Looks like you're still pretty busy !  Did you build the chassis for the 'Vette ?  I'd like to hear about it.  And the Willys too, btw.
The Vette was something I bought as an abandoned project from a Cornwell tool guy. My friend bought it and I lost track. I'd like to have it back, but it was yrs ago. The Willys was also an abandoned project. But, that one I finished. I'm just a mechanic. My minor at best fabrication abilities is far from chassis building. I do small shit like motor swap mounts, radiator and steering box mounts, and even built a couple sets of headers that came out fairly decent. Oh, those I tacked and had a friend Tig em afterwards.

Red

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 06:27:27 PM »
Nice shop, Groucho... that Willys is bitchin'!

Groucho

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
Nice shop, Groucho... that Willys is bitchin'!
(thank you). That's it. Jack O Bannon from Top Alcohol fame has owned it for a long time now. He had Norm Grimes, his crew chief at the time put a blower on it