PHOTOS - 42nd NSRA WESTERN STREET ROD NATIONALS IN BAKERSFIELD, CA - 4/2018

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
At least the Bricklin would make me smile, and for sure I would stop and take a look. That's more than I can say for plenty of post-48 cars that I see. And I see lots of Pre-48 cars that make me want to hurl too. Hell, I wont say what it is, but theres one in those photos that almost made me lose my lunch! If you see a car, any car, at a show that shows good taste and clean execution, check it out and if the owner is there, say hi, you might be surprised to find out that the guy with the really nice traditional '29 highboy also has a clean '65 El-Camino at home, or that guy with the really neat '65 Comet 2 dr sedan has a '32 Tudor project at home.

Well said. You never know what somebody has sitting in their garage at home. I have attended the SF Cars and Coffee event in the past and I take my Corvette. Nobody in this crowd knows that I have a 32 Ford Roadster sitting in the garage. This crowd of people at this show usually have newer cars and exotics. I have only seen a handful of hot rods at this show in the past that included a few 55-57 Chevy's and one 51 Merc.
Well maybe we should take our Deuces & sneak in. ;D
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

DavyJ

Great coverage and great variety...I always am amazed at how much patience you must have to miss all the spectators and get such great shots...Thanks again for bringing us along....
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

jaded iconoclast

Great coverage and great variety...I always am amazed at how much patience you must have to miss all the spectators and get such great shots...Thanks again for bringing us along....
hahaha! Ever try to take pics on Sunday at Deuce days? >:( ;D I told this guy he was gonna be famous, cause I was posting these pics on the internet! ;D
Wanted: Used +030 TRW L2249 or Speed Pro 7061P 12.5/1 289/302 ford pistons

29bowtie

Michael , as always some great shots , but seriously NSRA , a Bricklin and a Pantera , they've found a new low spot on the scale .
it was the restored 318 anteater charger and the "squashed cockroach" VW that really made me gag. At least the Bricklin and Pantera are "hot rodded". I get that they are both "inappropriate" for what was traditionally a pre-48 event, but then, so are half the cars I saw in those pics. Restored Broncos? '63 chevy mor-doors?? The econoline??? I kinda like the Bricklin for its audacity. Pro streeting a car that is the darling of the non-car guy, car guy crowd appeals to me. but then, I am a jaded iconoclast! ;D
  I guess that since the big event planners have decided that opening an event to just about anything with wheels it's kind of like the WalMart parking lot . Several of my car buddies and I have started to forego these events in exchange for an extended road trip to a destination of our choosing . This year instead of GG Pleasanton we're going back to the Speedway Museum passing thru California , Nevada , Idaho, Wyoming , S Dakota , Nebraska , Colorado, Utah , Arizona and back to CA . We started this program a few years back and so far it's working fine . I still do some of the smaller more discerning events that pop up on occasion .
Now that sounds more interesting than any car show!
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

29bowtie

Thanks Michael, great coverage as usual. You have such skills at capturing these events. I do like the Bricklin, just because someone salvaged something from one of those disastrous cars. :D
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

jaded iconoclast

Michael , as always some great shots , but seriously NSRA , a Bricklin and a Pantera , they've found a new low spot on the scale .
it was the restored 318 anteater charger and the "squashed cockroach" VW that really made me gag. At least the Bricklin and Pantera are "hot rodded". I get that they are both "inappropriate" for what was traditionally a pre-48 event, but then, so are half the cars I saw in those pics. Restored Broncos? '63 chevy mor-doors?? The econoline??? I kinda like the Bricklin for its audacity. Pro streeting a car that is the darling of the non-car guy, car guy crowd appeals to me. but then, I am a jaded iconoclast! ;D
  I guess that since the big event planners have decided that opening an event to just about anything with wheels it's kind of like the WalMart parking lot . Several of my car buddies and I have started to forego these events in exchange for an extended road trip to a destination of our choosing . This year instead of GG Pleasanton we're going back to the Speedway Museum passing thru California , Nevada , Idaho, Wyoming , S Dakota , Nebraska , Colorado, Utah , Arizona and back to CA . We started this program a few years back and so far it's working fine . I still do some of the smaller more discerning events that pop up on occasion .
The old local PISRA guys are having a Poker Run tomorrow morning. Starting in Delta, out to Fort Langley, and ending up at a pub in Aldergrove. I cant go though, my kid has swimming and skating. She always takes priority.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
The old local PISRA guys are having a Poker Run tomorrow morning. Starting in Delta, out to Fort Langley, and ending up at a pub in Aldergrove. I cant go though, my kid has swimming and skating. She always takes priority.

I hear ya, George.  I've missed the Deuce Reunion and the RoundUp this year due to the kid's swim meets.

jaded iconoclast

I hear ya, George.  I've missed the Deuce Reunion and the RoundUp this year due to the kid's swim meets.
Its totally worth it though. No doubt whatsoever in my mind. Nothing like watching her skating around out there with that big grin on her face. And it means so much to them when they look up and see you there watching them.