PHOTOS - 42nd NSRA WESTERN STREET ROD NATIONALS IN BAKERSFIELD, CA - 4/2018

Michael

• Corazzelli Photography
Hi Everyone,

I would like to share my photos from the 42nd NSRA Western Street Rod Nationals in Bakersfield, CA.

Here is the link for 375 high resolution photos from the show:
https://www.corazzelliphotography.com/Carshows/2018-Car-Shows/42nd-NSRA-Bakersfield-CA/i-2BNgLrD

Enjoy the photos.
Michael Corazzelli

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
Hi Everyone,

I would like to share my photos from the 42nd NSRA Western Street Rod Nationals in Bakersfield, CA.

Here is the link for 375 high resolution photos from the show:
https://www.corazzelliphotography.com/Carshows/2018-Car-Shows/42nd-NSRA-Bakersfield-CA/i-2BNgLrD

Enjoy the photos.
Michael Corazzelli
Thanks Michael,
 Always nice to see what shots you come up with.Nice !
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

Rice n Beans Garage

• Still building, collecting and breaking stuff.....
Great stuff thanks for sharing
"Don't F*%K with the shop Cat"

Striper

• Whetstone Pinstriping
Michael , as always some great shots , but seriously NSRA , a Bricklin and a Pantera , they've found a new low spot on the scale .
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

oldsjoe

Thanks for the peek Michael! Some very cool Hot Rods attending and the photographs are outstanding!  Joe
Living the DREAM!!! One nut and bolt at a time!

jaded iconoclast

Michael , as always some great shots , but seriously NSRA , a Bricklin and a Pantera , they've found a new low spot on the scale .
it was the restored 318 anteater charger and the "squashed cockroach" VW that really made me gag. At least the Bricklin and Pantera are "hot rodded". I get that they are both "inappropriate" for what was traditionally a pre-48 event, but then, so are half the cars I saw in those pics. Restored Broncos? '63 chevy mor-doors?? The econoline??? I kinda like the Bricklin for its audacity. Pro streeting a car that is the darling of the non-car guy, car guy crowd appeals to me. but then, I am a jaded iconoclast! ;D
Wanted: Used +030 TRW L2249 or Speed Pro 7061P 12.5/1 289/302 ford pistons

jaded iconoclast

And thanks for posting the pics Micheal, there was some neat stuff there.

Daves 40cp

Thanks for posting all of these great shots Michael. I haven't been to Bakersfield in a while, looks like a good turn out.
Daves 40cp

Lil32

Thanks Michael
Still crusin after all these years.

Striper

• Whetstone Pinstriping
it was the restored 318 anteater charger and the "squashed cockroach" VW that really made me gag. At least the Bricklin and Pantera are "hot rodded". I get that they are both "inappropriate" for what was traditionally a pre-48 event, but then, so are half the cars I saw in those pics. Restored Broncos? '63 chevy mor-doors?? The econoline??? I kinda like the Bricklin for its audacity. Pro streeting a car that is the darling of the non-car guy, car guy crowd appeals to me. but then, I am a jaded iconoclast! ;D
  I guess that since the big event planners have decided that opening an event to just about anything with wheels it's kind of like the WalMart parking lot . Several of my car buddies and I have started to forego these events in exchange for an extended road trip to a destination of our choosing . This year instead of GG Pleasanton we're going back to the Speedway Museum passing thru California , Nevada , Idaho, Wyoming , S Dakota , Nebraska , Colorado, Utah , Arizona and back to CA . We started this program a few years back and so far it's working fine . I still do some of the smaller more discerning events that pop up on occasion .
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

jaded iconoclast

I guess that since the big event planners have decided that opening an event to just about anything with wheels it's kind of like the WalMart parking lot . Several of my car buddies and I have started to forego these events in exchange for an extended road trip to a destination of our choosing . This year instead of GG Pleasanton we're going back to the Speedway Museum passing thru California , Nevada , Idaho, Wyoming , S Dakota , Nebraska , Colorado, Utah , Arizona and back to CA . We started this program a few years back and so far it's working fine . I still do some of the smaller more discerning events that pop up on occasion .
We all kinda go through this every so often, and I do feel your pain. most event promoters only care about the number of cars through the gate, and guys that figure car shows should be about cars that are actually interesting or worth looking at, are called elitist pricks, or "haters" ::). I always feel good when someone calls me that! ;D What really appalls me isn't muscle cars and so on, or even Pro Street Bricklins, its the amount of just sheer plain old JUNK that seems to proliferate at most events now, rusty fifties/sixties/seventies mor-doors with rattle-can metalflake roofs and knodding dogs in the back window and shit like that. And stock small block seventies/eighties smoggers and shit. Cars that are nothing more than parts donors. It really grates on me. But hell, I got feet, I can just use 'em. And I guess it saves time when I go to a show, or worse yet, a cruise night. I can usually walk through in about ten minutes now, twenty years ago, it would take me a couple hours, and the number of cars was half it usually is now! ::)

Michael

• Corazzelli Photography
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the compliments on my photos. I enjoy mixing my 2 favorite hobbies together, Automobiles and photography.

The one thing I really hate seeing is brand new corvettes at a car show that still has the window sticker on it as well as no plates yet. I recently found out that it is cheaper to attend a show as a participant then a spectator.....

The Bricklin was freaking cool. Granted it is not within my favorite era of pre 1948, it was something different that I would not have seen outside of this show.

As always, I would prefer to see pre 1948 hot rods....but times are changing and the promoters need to find a way to keep the shows alive. The cost of owning or building a not Hot rod is out of reach for most of the younger generation and this is true with most car shows. I understand what is happening and I may not like it but I accept it as a way to keep the car shows alive. Sometimes, there is something that's pretty cool to look at outside of pre 1948.

It will be interesting to see what happens at LARS this year after the changes. I won't have my roadster there this year but I plan to attend at least Saturday as a spectator.

jaded iconoclast

At least the Bricklin would make me smile, and for sure I would stop and take a look. That's more than I can say for plenty of post-48 cars that I see. And I see lots of Pre-48 cars that make me want to hurl too. Hell, I wont say what it is, but theres one in those photos that almost made me lose my lunch! If you see a car, any car, at a show that shows good taste and clean execution, check it out and if the owner is there, say hi, you might be surprised to find out that the guy with the really nice traditional '29 highboy also has a clean '65 El-Camino at home, or that guy with the really neat '65 Comet 2 dr sedan has a '32 Tudor project at home.

Michael

• Corazzelli Photography
At least the Bricklin would make me smile, and for sure I would stop and take a look. That's more than I can say for plenty of post-48 cars that I see. And I see lots of Pre-48 cars that make me want to hurl too. Hell, I wont say what it is, but theres one in those photos that almost made me lose my lunch! If you see a car, any car, at a show that shows good taste and clean execution, check it out and if the owner is there, say hi, you might be surprised to find out that the guy with the really nice traditional '29 highboy also has a clean '65 El-Camino at home, or that guy with the really neat '65 Comet 2 dr sedan has a '32 Tudor project at home.

Well said. You never know what somebody has sitting in their garage at home. I have attended the SF Cars and Coffee event in the past and I take my Corvette. Nobody in this crowd knows that I have a 32 Ford Roadster sitting in the garage. This crowd of people at this show usually have newer cars and exotics. I have only seen a handful of hot rods at this show in the past that included a few 55-57 Chevy's and one 51 Merc.

jaded iconoclast

Well said. You never know what somebody has sitting in their garage at home. I have attended the SF Cars and Coffee event in the past and I take my Corvette. Nobody in this crowd knows that I have a 32 Ford Roadster sitting in the garage. This crowd of people at this show usually have newer cars and exotics. I have only seen a handful of hot rods at this show in the past that included a few 55-57 Chevy's and one 51 Merc.
I drive around in a loud and rowdy street racer style S10 with a 6 point cage, weld wheels and sticky DOT's. Most people wouldn't look at that and guess that at home I am working on a sixties style hilborn injected T-bucket and a full fendered T-Tudor with a 270hp 283 clone. ;)

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
Great pics, Michael !  Thank you.