Shop Helper Cracks The Whip

oldsjoe

Shop Helper Cracks The Whip
« on: April 29, 2018, 09:57:44 PM »
Hang with me on this it's a little bit of a long story. Ever since my oldest Grandson (Anthony) could talk he has stated that the "GOLDEN HOT ROD" is his car. He will be 7 in about a month. For those of you who don't know I have a Gold 1967 Oldsmobile Delmont 88 convertible that my parents bought new. Well last year we didn't get to drive it much because the top mechanism developed a leak and wouldn't operate. Well to me a convertible needs to have the top down when cursing. With the top inoperable we just didn't get it out much. Anthony kept telling me Grumpa we need to work on the Golden Hot Rod so we can take it for rides. I totally agreed but time money and life kept getting in the way and I just didn't get around to it. Well today was the day and Anthony helped me get the car apart to inspect just what we need to get the top repaired and back to cruising! With his help we found that the right hydraulic cylinder has a pin hole it blowing fluid all over the place. So Grumpa will be ordering the replacement parts tomorrow to get the Golden Hot Rod ready for some summer FUN! So his brother Christopher (5) had to use some tools too right! So off came the training wheels on what he now calls his Sunday bike!    Joe   
Living the DREAM!!! One nut and bolt at a time!