Need help finding my Dad's car.

Rocketman48

• My Website
Need help finding my Dad's car.
« on: March 15, 2018, 05:43:07 PM »
My dad built this 1923 T-bucket roadster from scratch in the mid to late 70's. In 1979 he sold the car to a man who owned North Jackson Honda-Yamaha where it remained until the late 80's. He then sold the car to a man who lived/lives on or around the Ross Barnett Reservoir (possibly Ridgeland area) and that's where my info stops. No one seems to know this man's name or info. I have been looking for this car for several years now and since my dad passed away suddenly April/2017 I am really trying my hardest to locate the car in hopes of buying it back. This car is priceless to me and is a huge part of my childhood and I would love to find it again.

I've tried researching the last known license plate number (MS Antique #1196) and have had no luck. I do not have the VIN number or any other official documentation. I have spoken to the man who painted the car many years ago. He did, in fact, see the car near the Ross Barnett Reservoir in Jackson some years back but it was passing him on highway 25 and did not have a reason at that time to catch up to it. He is 100% positive that is was this car. It is my belief that based on a handful of sightings the car is still located somewhere in the Jackson, MS area. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who might know anything about this vehicle or offer advice as to how I can track this car without a VIN number. I can't afford to hire a private investigator so my options are pretty much going to be someone seeing the car and getting the owners info for me. I have attached the only pics I have of the car, PLEASE NOTE, these photos are from the mid to late 1980's. With the exception of the body, this car was built 100% from scratch by dad and was show quality. There is nothing on the car that could be considered a "kit" part.

Since the 70's, more than likely this car has been thru a lot of changes. However, the interior, paint, brass radiator and steering setup I suspect would more than likely still be as original today. Last time I saw the car was in 1986, at that time, it had 70 series tires w/ Cragar Tru-Spoke wheels and a blower intake setup that the second owner had installed as seen in the pics below.

The following are some distinguishing characteristics that will identify that this is the car I'm looking for:

1. Hand cut walnut dash with centered gauge cluster (Stewart Warner Gauges)
2. Steering column came from a VW bus, it was shortened and comes up thru the floor straight up n down.
3. The steering wheel was a custom made 6" dropped "T" style with brass spokes and wood ring that was originally purchased from the Florida Rod Shop around 1976/77.
4. The interior was a medium tan color diamond style tufted and pleated.
5. Brass Radiator.
6. The paint color was a 1976 Cadillac "fire-thorn" red.
7. Brass carriage lights on the cowling.
8. 70's style Mustang/Pinto automatic floor shifter
9. It did have some pinstriping on the body sides in the door corner area and on the tailgate. Also had a big letter "T" on the cowling at the base of the windshield.
10. Originally had a Chevy LT1 350 with an Offenhauser cross-ram intake.
11. TH400 Transmission.
12. Had side "wind wings" that attached to the sides of the windshield frame.
13. Headlights are from a 1931 Chevy.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
Re: Need help finding my Dad's car.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 06:03:21 PM »
Good luck in your search.  I'll keep my eyes open; many rodders from Mississippi come to Austin.

Rocketman48

• My Website
Re: Need help finding my Dad's car.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 06:04:18 PM »
Thank you, Tom. I really appreciate it.