An amazing build - 1932 Ford roadster

Fordors

An amazing build - 1932 Ford roadster
« on: January 27, 2018, 10:21:23 AM »
I'll start things off with this, the '32 Roadster that was seen once before in this thread-

Re: NATS, around the World
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 12:11:13 AM »

Quote from: DavyJ on May 14, 2017, 09:29:47 PM
Unique lift off top for the roadster,  and I cannot imagine driving tha Buick on those narrow roads and round abouts.....

Davy, I think you are referring to the black Deuce as the car with the lift off top right? Here is a link to see more of that car, it has superb craftsmanship by Al Stevens. It's a Wescott body, supposed to have been the first one shipped to England BITD, and in a complete rebuild Stevens made aluminum doors, the removable roof, belly pan, rolled pan and a whole lot more.
Originally built in the '80's as a fairly typical high boy it ran a Rover V8, and later a built 351 Cleveland. The owner goes by (or at least used to) Coyd Boddington, but his real name is Hanspeter Wurmli and with input from Stevens and others created this masterpiece.

Check it out here-     http://www.drcreview.com/news.asp?art=169

This is a feature from "Hot Rod Showcase" published by John Knight. It was envisioned as a British equivalent to "The Rodder's Journal" but it never took off, there was only one issue.
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

Fordors

Re: Re: Car magazine articles 1949-present
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 10:28:42 AM »
Here's the second half of the article. There is a bit of the pages cut off, they are too big for my scanner bed.
The car is fantastic, but to me the one feature that really stands out is the design of the backing plates and false drums that hide the disc brakes. They look like early Bugatti, or 1930's- early '40's Indy car brakes.
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
Re: An amazing build - 1932 Ford roadster
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 10:58:50 AM »
Wow !  This deuce is awesome.  I really like the overall look, plus the unique accumulation of components - a combination of hot rod and sports car.

DavyJ

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 02:04:50 PM »
That sure has some slick workmanship,  and yes it is the same one i was referring to back in the nats coverage......thanks for finding the article!
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

aussiesteve

• 32 3 w,32 tub,40 convert,40 p,up,,62 uni,62 Wagon
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 02:20:12 PM »
My friend Wayne who painted my 3 window,painted this car while he still lived in England.
You can see some of his work on Instagram @aadsoco
Patina is earned,not applied

29bowtie

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 02:26:13 PM »
I've admired that car since it was first built. Incredible ingenuity and workmanship.
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 06:27:03 PM »
Refreshing.....so many 32's look pretty much the same. Different without going over the edge.
Want to buy.......some round, skinny, bias ply tires.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 07:04:04 PM »
Thanks for sharing Larry.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 08:15:26 PM »
I LOVE the D-type wheels and the front brakes! VERY cool Larry, thanks for posting that!
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

duaneshotrods

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 08:47:27 AM »
That's one cool roadster. Thanks for sharing.
Get the stance right, followed by fit & finish.