'40-'41 Ford trucks

Chopped

Re: '40-'41 Ford trucks
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 10:35:12 PM »
It is stories like yours which make this place great!  thanks for sharing,  and that truck was cool too!
thanks
DavyJ and Daves40cp,  thank you!  I was lucky to have been brought up on a farm with access to a shop, welders and plenty of tools and scrap metal.  I was able to get a special drivers license at 15 since we were out in the country, so that gave me a head start on playing with cars and and after school job at a gas station when not working on the family farm in the summer. My dad drove a hard work ethic into the boys. By the time I was 15 I had 9 years of summer work saved up to build a hot rod. Fortunately dad really liked cars, so he tolerated the cars and parts I found.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 02:48:31 PM »
Chris, I remember you telling me about your '40, but for some reason  :o  I was thinking you had channeled and/or sectioned it !

Cool story, thanks for sharing.

Chopped

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 10:08:43 PM »
Chris, I remember you telling me about your '40, but for some reason  :o  I was thinking you had channeled and/or sectioned it !

Cool story, thanks for sharing.

Tom, You have a good memory, except that full fendered chopped and channeled truck was not a 40, it was an old hotrod that I acquired from an old farmer when a friend of mine and I were hunting out in an old farm. My dad new the farmer and he let me have it for $50 as long as I hauled it out of there! The fenders were all dented but it was a cool old hot rod. It had a bucket of 6 strombergs in the bed and a full interior. I had planned to get it on the road by the time I was a Sr in high school, but other projects got in the way. I still have it stored at my parents farm and it looks pretty much the same as the day I hauled it out of that back field except someone stole the grill shell. When I decide to retire, this is going to be my real Sr. Project!

29bowtie

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 12:14:21 AM »
This is certainly a unique one. :o
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark