Buddy G

Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 08:55:26 PM »
Merry Christmas to one and all and a happy new year. Buddy G

Striper

• Whetstone Pinstriping
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 12:54:08 AM »
Being a striper / lettering guy , I've always liked this image of the Christmas season . Best wishes to all .
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

Bob J

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2017, 01:40:44 PM »
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!!
Handles, hinges and horsepower

Baron

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2017, 10:45:01 PM »
Merry Christmas Guys and gals !

duaneshotrods

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2017, 10:55:25 AM »
Merry Christmas to all! Good day to stay inside and work on a Hot Rod.
Get the stance right, followed by fit & finish.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2017, 10:56:56 AM »
Baron, ^^Plymouth cones, and king bees. Sweet! ;D Emily is sitting there in a big heap of wrapping and toys watching "Scrooge McDuck" in French (she attends a French language school), and I am adding the liquid into the prune and pecan stuffing I prepared yesterday. It even snowed a little last night! :) in about 6 hours the house will be full of people, and the turkey smell will be filling the house. :) Merry Christmas to all!
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

duaneshotrods

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2017, 11:31:32 AM »
Baron, ^^Plymouth cones, and king bees. Sweet! ;D Emily is sitting there in a big heap of wrapping and toys watching "Scrooge McDuck" in French (she attends a French language school), and I am adding the liquid into the prune and pecan stuffing I prepared yesterday. It even snowed a little last night! :) in about 6 hours the house will be full of people, and the turkey smell will be filling the house. :) Merry Christmas to all!
Sounds good George, I'll leave the cooking up to my wife and handle the cleaning.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2017, 11:48:35 AM »
Sounds good George, I'll leave the cooking up to my wife and handle the cleaning.
I always do the big dinners, cook a lot during the week too, I really like to cook. I have been going at it pretty much all week, I try to make as much stuff ahead as I can. Yesterday was the busiest, brined the turkey ( a royal PITA, I don't have a big enough pot to immerse a 15lb bird, so I had to brine one side for 12 hours, then turn it over before I went to bed), started simmering the neck, liver and gizzard, prepped and assembled the stuffing, and made a bananofee pie. Day before, I got the bacon horseradish brussel sprouts prepped so I just gotta add the liquid and toss 'em in the oven, two pumpkin pies the day before that, Harvard beets the day before that, sweet potatoes with brown sugar and pecans were all prepped and in the baking dish the day before.  All I gotta do today is stuff and roast the bird, toss the sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts in the oven downstairs, peel and mash the spuds, and make gravy. The more stuff you can have prepped and ready ahead of time, the easier it is. Its 9:45am here right now, I am going to peel the spuds now and put them in a pot with salted water, gotta stuff the bird about 11, and get it in the oven around 11:30-12, then I can relax till about 4.
The weather there sounds great for Christmas, cold as hell though, but I love clear winter days. Its about 28F here, snowing just a tiny bit, and overcast, I wouldn't complain at all if it was a little colder but clear.

duaneshotrods

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2017, 12:13:33 PM »
Boy that sounds great!

oldsjoe

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2017, 01:24:21 PM »
I always do the big dinners, cook a lot during the week too, I really like to cook. I have been going at it pretty much all week, I try to make as much stuff ahead as I can. Yesterday was the busiest, brined the turkey ( a royal PITA, I don't have a big enough pot to immerse a 15lb bird, so I had to brine one side for 12 hours, then turn it over before I went to bed), started simmering the neck, liver and gizzard, prepped and assembled the stuffing, and made a bananofee pie. Day before, I got the bacon horseradish brussel sprouts prepped so I just gotta add the liquid and toss 'em in the oven, two pumpkin pies the day before that, Harvard beets the day before that, sweet potatoes with brown sugar and pecans were all prepped and in the baking dish the day before.  All I gotta do today is stuff and roast the bird, toss the sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts in the oven downstairs, peel and mash the spuds, and make gravy. The more stuff you can have prepped and ready ahead of time, the easier it is. Its 9:45am here right now, I am going to peel the spuds now and put them in a pot with salted water, gotta stuff the bird about 11, and get it in the oven around 11:30-12, then I can relax till about 4.
The weather there sounds great for Christmas, cold as hell though, but I love clear winter days. Its about 28F here, snowing just a tiny bit, and overcast, I wouldn't complain at all if it was a little colder but clear.

I wasn't hungry until I read that jaded! Now I can smell the bird spuds and brussel sprouts! I'M STARVING! Merry Christmas ENJOY!  Joe
Living the DREAM!!! One nut and bolt at a time!

oldsjoe

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2017, 01:26:10 PM »

Duane it's so cold there your Ipad has only 11% battery left! Better crank the heat up young man! merry Christmas!  Joe
Living the DREAM!!! One nut and bolt at a time!

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2017, 01:32:20 PM »

Duane it's so cold there your Ipad has only 11% battery left! Better crank the heat up young man! merry Christmas!  Joe
I spent a weekend in Ottawa in February once, it was -40-45 with the wind chill, its really hard for a west coast boy like me to comprehend just HOW cold that is until you actually FEEL it! MAN!!!

duaneshotrods

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2017, 02:09:02 PM »

I spent a weekend in Ottawa in February once, it was -40-45 with the wind chill, its really hard for a west coast boy like me to comprehend just HOW cold that is until you actually FEEL it! MAN!!!
It's funny, you do get used to it.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2017, 02:59:43 PM »

It's funny, you do get used to it.
Ha, tell me about it! I was there with this girl I knew from Shanghai, the coldest it ever gets there is the mid seventies, we had toques pulled down tight and scarfs wrapped up to our eyes, the locals were wandering around in bomber jackets and sweaters, you could feel the mockery when they looked at us, clearly "out-of-towners"! ;D The weather was beautiful really, bright sunshine and not a cloud in the sky, everyone skating on the Rideau canal but my god, it was so cold it was physically painful.