Merry MoonEyes

Red

Merry MoonEyes
« on: December 10, 2017, 10:09:10 AM »
Took a drive over to Irwindale Speedway yesterday morning for the Moon Christmas bash and was not disappointed... well, other then passing through SECURITY
at the entry gate; not unlike the airport!  Glad I got there early as the place filled up fast.  This event brings a lot of different types of folks together... in the end,
it's still all about the love of cars and "lifestyle."

Red

Re: Merry MoonEyes
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 10:13:43 AM »
 8)

Red

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 10:16:21 AM »
 ;D

Red

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 10:18:55 AM »
 :)

Red

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 10:21:27 AM »
 ;)

Red

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 10:25:23 AM »
 :)  There's a V8 in that red 914!

Red

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 10:28:17 AM »
 8)

Red

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 10:31:50 AM »
 ;)

Red

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 10:35:18 AM »
 8)

Red

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 10:37:45 AM »
Hey, these two cars look vaguely familiar... Groucho's Corvette, Steves32

Red

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 10:43:11 AM »
A pen striped DRESS!?!

Red

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 10:47:21 AM »
 :D

Red

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 10:51:15 AM »
 ::)

Red

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 10:56:33 AM »
 ;)

Red

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 10:59:06 AM »

Red

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 11:03:21 AM »

Red

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 11:07:17 AM »

Red

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 11:10:15 AM »
 8)

Red

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 11:12:58 AM »

Red

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 11:15:35 AM »
 ;)

Red

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 11:19:05 AM »
 That's IT, guys... Merry Christmas!

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 11:31:25 AM »
That's IT, guys... Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to You Jim.Those are some great pic's.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2017, 11:39:21 AM »
What a GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!!!!!!!!!   TERRIFIC SHOW.  I'M REALLY SORRY THAT I MISSED IT.  IS IT THE SAME TIME EVERY YEAR.  I WOULD LOVE TO GO NEXT YEAR!
THANKS FOR THE POST!!!!!!

Rice n Beans Garage

• Still building, collecting and breaking stuff.....
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 12:11:02 PM »
Cool Thanks for sharing
"Don't F*%K with the shop Cat"

lurker mick

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 12:32:02 PM »
Thanks Jim! Thirty2ragtop, I don't believe there will be a next year, at least at Irwindale, as the property has been sold. Hopefully Mooneyes will find another venue.

Mick

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2017, 01:19:29 PM »
Thanks Jim! Thirty2ragtop, I don't believe there will be a next year, at least at Irwindale, as the property has been sold. Hopefully Mooneyes will find another venue.

Mick
Irwindale Event Center Announces January 31, 2018 as Final Date of Operation

Irwindale, Calif. (August 9, 2017 - 6:00PM PDT)
 Team 211 Entertainment' CEO Jim Cohan today announced that the owners of the Irwindale Event Center property have set the date for the center's last day of operation. "We were notified this week by the owner's representative that January 31, 2018 will be our final day on the Irwindale property," Cohan said.

"First and foremost, everyone should know that we'll continue to operate Irwindale Event Center right up to our final weeks, as we've been doing for the past five years; providing great family motorsports and related entertainment in the most professional way possible," he went on. "Our full 2017 schedule of NASCAR, Drag Strip, LA Racing Experience events, and special events will run as published. And, in fact, we're planning on adding a couple of extra events to the calendar to honor all of the competitors who raced and wrenched here at Irwindale since it opened in 1999."

"In all honesty, we were here and in it for the long haul, in fact we were in the process of putting out our complete schedule for the 2018 season. All that made this news very difficult for me to hear, and very hard on our whole team.

Cohan went on to thank all of the many sponsors, and supporters who worked with the facility over the years, "Without them, we would have never been able to do what we've done. I won't name them all here but they all deserve a huge amount credit for this place still being around. They've believed in us and we've believed in them ... those partnerships have meant a great deal to everyone involved."

Cohan also thanked the many motorsports sanctioning bodies that chose Irwindale as the site of numerous major events over the years, saying, "Their confidence in our abilities was a high compliment for us, we always tried to make each show better than the last one. That's just the way all of our people are wired. And ...we'd be somewhat amiss if we didn't mention our friends in the City of Irwindale, and working with them to have an event center that everyone involved with could be proud of."

"In the end I'm most proud of our whole extended team right across the board; they're a very dedicated group of people who picked up what was left when the original operators left in 2012. Working together these people rebuilt this facility's reputation as one of the finest short tracks in the country, a great stock car driving experience, and an exciting street legal drag strip. I'm the one who is most often quoted; but they're the team that did all the work."

Cohan concluded, "I simply want everyone out there to understand that this team is going to work just as hard to keep this a great fan-friendly facility running strong all the way until midnight January 30, 2018. We all wish that we could have given our racers many more than the five years we were able to and sincerely hope that we entertained all of our guests along the way..."

Irwindale Event Center is comprised of a 6,000-seat twin track NASCAR stadium that opened in March of 1999 and an NHRA-sanctioned eighth/mile drag strip that followed a year later. In addition the center is home to the LA Racing Experience, one of the most popular stock car driving schools in the country, as well as Advanced Driving Dynamics, a hands-on safety course taught on the facility's huge parking lot that helps drivers develop their reactions and confidence for everyday driving. Many other well-known events have called Irwindale home over the years including the X Games, Formula Drift and Global Rallycross, along with concerts, and hundreds of feature film, TV, and commercial shoots.

For more information: Doug Stokes
 doug@irwindaleeventcenter.com
 626.358.1100 x 203
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

Red

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2017, 01:34:33 PM »
Thanks guys!  Sad to see another drag strip lost just to make room for another shopping mall... sure had plenty of fun there.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2017, 02:57:03 PM »
Thanks for the great pics, Red!  Sad to see Irwindale go.

Bill Board

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2017, 03:21:49 PM »
Thank you very much for taking the time to take and post the pictures very thoughtful .
I really enjoyed going through the show while sitting here watching the snow fall  ;D  ;D

Lil32

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2017, 04:26:11 PM »
Jim
great shots once again
must be the new camera !
Merry Xmas to U and S

Noel
Still crusin after all these years.

BobT

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2017, 06:58:57 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to post these pictures. I really enjoyed them and Merry Christmas to all.

DavyJ

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »
Red, a s usual some great shots there...looks like a perfect day at the drags...thanks for bringing us along...... 

Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

Daves 40cp

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 12:42:18 PM »
Thanks for posting the great pics. Red. Mooneyes Show is always a good one. Hope it will be back at a new venue. Merry Christmas everyone!
Daves 40cp

Striper

• Whetstone Pinstriping
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2017, 12:48:28 AM »
It looks like you were there at the crack of dawn .
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

Red

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2017, 06:33:48 AM »

It looks like you were there at the crack of dawn .

I didn't want to have to park in the middle of the oval track again.  The traffic getting in and out of the event was fierce!

oldsjoe

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2017, 02:04:24 PM »
Thanks for the pics Red! Sad to see any automotive venue be shut down. MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!  Joe
Living the DREAM!!! One nut and bolt at a time!

duaneshotrods

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2017, 08:30:39 PM »
Thanks for the pictures Red, great shots as usual. Have a Merry Christmas!
Get the stance right, followed by fit & finish.

29bowtie

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2017, 07:10:32 PM »
Thanks Red, as usual, the photo coverage is superb! What a shame that Irwindale is closing. :'(
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark