WHAT IS IT AND FROM WHERE DID IT COME?

Thirty2ragtop

WHAT IS IT AND FROM WHERE DID IT COME?
« on: November 26, 2017, 01:39:21 PM »
I may have posted this before.  But I'm going through boxes of "stuff" and have located what appears to be a throttle plate attached to a spark arrestor.  The holes are 2 7/8" in diameter and base is sold bronze.  The spark arrestor has the following stamped into it:  A. C. FLAME ARRESTOR MODEL MH 6 PAT.PEND. A.C. SPARK PLUG COMPANY FLINT MICH.  I have chased the internet from one end to the other with no results.  I've chased the U.S. Patent Office for any submittals from A.C. I can't figure this out and I've researched it periodically for over a year.  Here are some pictures.  Any help whatsoever to stop this craziness would be appreciated.  I had suggestions from industrial equipment to World War One aircraft.  So any suggestion would be great!

Fordors

Re: WHAT IS IT AND FROM WHERE DID IT COME?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 01:46:48 PM »
Being a bronze casting and flame arrestor suggest it is for a marine engine to me. The Coast Guard requires flame arrestors and the bronze would not be susceptible to rust in a salt environment.
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.