California Fire
« on: October 09, 2017, 11:59:00 PM »

Hope all our friends are safe from these fire

Your Aussie Mates
Still crusin after all these years.

29bowtie

Re: California Fire
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 12:21:46 AM »
I agree, hope they get the fires out soon. We had them here in BC this year as well.
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:28:47 AM »
Just heard about it last night. Kind of counter-intuitive to be thinking of wildfires in Oct if you are from BC, but I hear its very dry there at this time of year. Hope everyone is ok.
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

Daves 40cp

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 10:45:41 AM »
I was born and raised in Sonoma and my sister lives in Santa Rosa. Se he said the fire that destroyed that whole neighborhood is 3 miles from her house. She had to be evacuated, it was moving her way. Last report her house was ok.
Daves 40cp

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 11:20:18 AM »
I was born and raised in Sonoma and my sister lives in Santa Rosa. Se he said the fire that destroyed that whole neighborhood is 3 miles from her house. She had to be evacuated, it was moving her way. Last report her house was ok.
The BC fires came pretty close to a friend of mine in Princeton this year, he didn't have to evacuate, but it was touch and go for a while.

Red

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 04:10:33 PM »

I'm hoping all is well for your sister.  We ride bikes with friends in Anaheim Hills who had to be evacuated with their two dogs.  Everything happened really fast.  They were lucky to be spared!
My wife and I have spent a fair amount of time wining and dining in Northern California.  It's really hard to imagine any sort of destruction to this part of the state; such a beautiful place.  Around
here, the Canyon fire is just a short distance (6-7 miles) over hills covered in dried out vegetation.  We've been very fortunate to be up-stream of all the smoke and glowing embers.  Sad to see...

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 08:42:42 PM »
A lot of smoke today.Hope your Sis is going to be ok Dave.As you well know Dave how pretty it is in Nor Cal.Sad. :(
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

Daves 40cp

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 10:22:25 PM »
Thanks for the thoughts guys. Last time I talked to her all is good with her, her house is ok.
Daves 40cp

Lil32

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 12:17:21 AM »
Dave,
Best wishes to your sister

Noel

We are heading up that way next June before LARS, if that is on
Still crusin after all these years.

DavyJ

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 09:01:19 PM »
Just found this pic of a 3 window that got caught in the Napa fires..........there  was a 55 Nomad there as well.........so sad.hope you guys out there are staying safe.......cars can be replaced, friends can't
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

lurker mick

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 10:45:39 PM »
Sitting just to the left of the 3-window is a deuce roadster. It really hurts to see this.

Mick

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 11:34:57 PM »
Sitting just to the left of the 3-window is a deuce roadster. It really hurts to see this.

Mick
I wont use his real name here, but I have emailed bchctybob from the HAMB twice in the last week, and haven't heard anything back from him, he usually responds pretty quick. I know he lives in a town a little SE of San Francisco, I hope he is ok. I started thinking last night about the fires maybe being in his area. I will go through my emails and see if I have the name of the town he is close to.

UPDATE: Heard from Bob this morning he was out of town, he is fine. :)