2017 Greater Vancouver Motorsports Pioneers Induction

jaded iconoclast

Re: 2017 Greater Vancouver Motorsports Pioneers Induction
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 11:29:58 AM »

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2017, 11:34:47 AM »
Arts '39 Deluxe Fordor. I like this car a lot. Great colour, and a really nice white T&R interior with chrome garnish moldings, pretty swanky.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 11:39:40 AM »
Twofer T's. The roadster is from Tsawwassen, the same small beach town as HemiDeuce. Really nicely proportioned car, with mags and small headlights. ;)

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 11:46:33 AM »
there was even a purple pantera. Eclectic is the word that best describes this event.

I actually took this photo last year, so I am cheating a little. It was there this year too, but when I got home I noticed I missed taking a pic, and I wanted to include it. This car is, granted, a bit ugly, but man, what a total BLAST it must be to drive! LS-1 powered.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2017, 12:01:15 PM »
Local FE guy, Tom Postuma's wagon contains a surprise. He used to have a occasionally street driven 10 wide high 9 second 4 speed T-bolt clone.

The first time I met Tom was about 35 years ago, I answered an ad for Fairlane headers for an FE. I go out to this place way the hell out in a cul de sac in this subdivision in Ladner, and at the end of the cul de sac, theres a house with fords literally spilling out into the street, fairlanes, Rancheros, a mid fifties F100 ramp truck, theres probably seven fords in the driveway and parked on the street. So I figure this must be the place. He comes out, and we do the deal, and we are talking, he says, "I got something I gotta show you". We go into a room off the garage and he reaches under the bench and pulls out a set of tunnel port heads. This was long before all the FE stuff started being re-produced, I just about shit a brick. The only place I had ever seen them before was bolted to the motor of some high end race car, I had never seen a set up close off a motor. Here I was hunting al over hells half acre for C1AE's that I could make into CJ copies, and this guy has tunnel port heads under his workbench!
Oh yes, and of course, the wagon is a stick. Tom will not own a car with a slush box.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2017, 12:08:25 PM »

Cobra with billboards. This car sounded very healthy.

29bowtie

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2017, 12:11:28 PM »
I was going to bring Dale in when I posted the actual cackle photos. I am guessing it was your nephew in the seat? So this is the former Ramchargers car we talked about last year? I should have put that together in my head, I must be getting old.
Yes that is my nephew in the seat and my brother is just to his left in this photo. The kid certainly is getting a taste for nitro!
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2017, 12:12:02 PM »
Nice 4 speed '65 GTO convert

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2017, 12:13:11 PM »
I was going to bring Dale in when I posted the actual cackle photos. I am guessing it was your nephew in the seat? So this is the former Ramchargers car we talked about last year? I should have put that together in my head, I must be getting old.
Yes that is my nephew in the seat and my brother is just to his left in this photo.
Im getting to this. Slowly! ;D For those that don't know, the two guys standing by the front of the dragster are Doug and Don Mclanders, they have built some pretty high profile cars over the years, IIRC they had a goodguys "Hot Rod of the Year" a few years back, a black early hemi powered highboy '32 Tudor.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2017, 12:29:04 PM »
Remember I said this event was eclectic? I chuckled when I saw this. "If this vans a'rockin', don't come a'knockin'". In the eighties, who would have ever thought that custom vans would become nostalgic? :o Note the "Do it in a Van" decal on the vent window, I havent seen one of those in a dogs age!

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2017, 12:31:42 PM »

Merc convertible, pretty nice.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2017, 12:43:37 PM »
I really like this Tudor, I see it a lot, its super straight and really sits nice.

2017 inductee Bill Tomicki's '29. Several of us were commenting on how straight the bodywork was on this car, and how flawless the paint was. later on, I found out that Bill scratchbuilt most of the body on this car! On another thread, we were looking at a green Model A pu that was stretched behind the doors and how it looked kind of awkward. That's stretching it the easy way. Look closely at the doors on this car. He had a pretty well known local show car in the sixties, a '55 T-bird with americans and candy paint, and a custom '49 Merc in the late fifties

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2017, 12:50:06 PM »
Another local car I really like.

29bowtie

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2017, 12:53:27 PM »
Cam Hutchins posted some very artful shots on his facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/camhutchins1961 
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2017, 12:54:14 PM »
I shot a lot of pics of Miss BC last year, so I didn't take as much this year. pretty famous local blown fuel hydro form the late sixties, I saw it run at Allouette lake as a child.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 01:00:19 PM »
This Cadillac sedanette attracted a lot of attention, pretty cool

This is Al Clarks '32, hes the guy that puts on Northwest deuce days.