MSRA's Back to the 50's

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
Re: MSRA's Back to the 50's
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2017, 03:16:45 PM »
^^cab is stretched an inch or two. Doors may be as well, I would have to compare photos of a stock one.

EDIT: I looked at the photos of Himsl's in TRJ, I think the doors are stock, but the back of the cab has been stretched a good 2".

Yes I think it is stretched tad also.  Except for one thing that bugs me (tailgate),  this little pickup is spot on.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2017, 04:45:34 PM »
^^cab is stretched an inch or two. Doors may be as well, I would have to compare photos of a stock one.

EDIT: I looked at the photos of Himsl's in TRJ, I think the doors are stock, but the back of the cab has been stretched a good 2".

Yes I think it is stretched tad also.  Except for one thing that bugs me (tailgate),  this little pickup is spot on.
Sometimes they fit the truck.Dust'n Hills
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

DavyJ

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2017, 04:58:58 PM »
Those two Willys are super nice,  love the detail around the headers. and that truck would be welcome anywhere!
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2017, 07:51:50 PM »

Sometimes they fit the truck.Dust'n Hills

True.  Dustin Hills' truck has smooth bedsides, plus the back of the cab has some beads removed, so it does fit in this case.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2017, 11:19:40 PM »

I wasn't gonna say it, but To be honest, the stretch bugs me more than the tailgate, in my opinion, it really screws with the overall proportions. I get why guys do it, but if you really aren't gonna fit, buy a '32/'34 cab instead, and leave the phone booths for the short guys.