Street Scenes

Thirty2ragtop

Re: Street Scenes
« Reply #688 on: June 09, 2018, 12:57:59 AM »
nuttin' but the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29bowtie

« Reply #689 on: June 09, 2018, 09:52:05 AM »
Sheesh, you guys hung out in some high class places! ::)
Oh yeah ;D, Vancouver's strip clubs were pretty wild back then. Most of them are gone now, thanks to Vancouver's sky high real estate prices.
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #690 on: June 09, 2018, 11:56:21 AM »
I quit drinking and all that stuff at 27, but let me tell you, prior to that, going on a toot with me was NOT an experience easily forgotten.  ;) ;D
Wanted: Used +030 TRW L2249 or Speed Pro 7061P 12.5/1 289/302 ford pistons

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #691 on: June 09, 2018, 12:23:30 PM »
Oh yeah ;D, Vancouver's strip clubs were pretty wild back then. Most of them are gone now, thanks to Vancouver's sky high real estate prices.
remember the Penthouse, and the Philiponi Bros, and Joes ummmm "sudden demise"? ;D My second AA sponsor was always telling me stories about his involvement in that scene, which I mistakenly took to be braggadocio, until one night he took me to dinner at "Nicks" on Commercial drive. We were down in the east end on a Saturday night, attending a meeting, and after the meeting, he says "lets go have dinner at Nicks" I said "hell no, its Saturday night, that place will be lined up down the street, I don't want to wait an hour and a half for my food" he says "don't worry about that". So we get there, sure enough, they are lined up outside about half a block down commercial, I say "forget it, lets go somewhere else", he says "relax". So we find a place to park, and he just walks up the front of the line, beckons to me and walks in! I am thinking "Holy Shit, this isn't going to end well!" but I follow him. As soon as we get in the door, the bartender spots us, and IMMEDIATELY drops what he is doing and heads into the back. I am getting ready to run for the door, next thing I know, Nick himself comes out, greets **** with a HUGE smile, gives him a big hug an air kiss and slaps him on the back, and says "****, ****, COME IN, COME IN!" Barks something at the Maitre de in Italian, two bus boys bring out a small table, (the place is PACKED), set it up, Nick snaps a white tablecloth over the table, the two bus boys rush out with place settings, ect, ect, ect. At that moment, it dawned on me "oh, geez those stories I have been hearing aren't stories!" and now I'm  REALLY nervous! It was like a scene straight out of a Scorsece flick!
A couple years later I became ****'s sponsor, on the proviso that when he did his fifth with me, he didn't name names or places, because I figured, the less specifics I knew the better off I was. A while after that, I come home from work one night, and my landlord (who was a bit of a former 'rounder" himself, and had been a jockey at Hastings Park in the sixties) is literally waiting outside for me in a rather agitated state, says "George, George, jesus H christ, there was an undercover homicide detective here looking for you! What the hell is going on??!!" Right away, I figured they must have somehow gotten wind that I was ****'s sponsor, and were looking for "insider information" which fortunately, because of the arrangement I had with ****, I didn't have! But yea, that was a little hairy! Sometimes we would be driving over the Lions gate Bridge late at night, and **** would say something like "you don't wanna know how many parcels have fallen off this bridge in the middle of the night..." :o

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #692 on: June 09, 2018, 12:43:44 PM »
Heres a historic Vancouver "street scene" for you...Joes last taxi ride!

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #693 on: June 09, 2018, 12:49:25 PM »
Penthouse cabaret, I would guess probably early fifties? Joe, third from the left. Check out the big dude in the middle, with the tux under his overcoat. I don't wanna know what he does for a living...

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #694 on: June 10, 2018, 02:48:09 PM »
Corpus Christi,Texas
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

29bowtie

« Reply #695 on: June 15, 2018, 06:11:59 PM »
Seattle 1960.

29bowtie

« Reply #696 on: June 15, 2018, 06:40:08 PM »
Picnic's are great!

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #697 on: June 15, 2018, 07:56:40 PM »
Picnic's are great!
Man, I made homemade Wienerschnitzel and potato salad a couple days ago, get this, my kid WONT EAT potato salad!! WTF??!! A KID that wont eat potato salad???!!! I am wondering if maybe some aliens swapped her at birth?

29bowtie

« Reply #698 on: June 16, 2018, 03:02:59 PM »
Picnic's are great!
Man, I made homemade Wienerschnitzel and potato salad a couple days ago, get this, my kid WONT EAT potato salad!! WTF??!! A KID that wont eat potato salad???!!! I am wondering if maybe some aliens swapped her at birth?
Good for her, I WON'T EAT it either and never have!  ::)

29bowtie

« Reply #699 on: June 17, 2018, 05:19:05 PM »
A little "art deco" for a sunny Sunday. A nice view of the Glass Pavilion sponsored by Owens-Corning, Owens-Illinois, and Pittsburgh Glass company. New York World's Fair, 1939.

29bowtie

« Reply #700 on: June 17, 2018, 05:29:13 PM »
This job sucks! Electrolux Salesman. ;)