I found it on the internet, and now I WANT one!

jaded iconoclast

I found it on the internet, and now I WANT one!
« on: July 02, 2017, 10:25:30 PM »
I figure I'm lot the only only who sometimes finds cars browsing the internet that fill me with a bad case of automotive lust. I found this a couple years ago, and since then, I keep day dreaming about one very similar, but with a carbed gen III with LQ-9 heads, a big mechanical roller and a DNE/Richmond 5 speed!

So lets see 'em, cars you just stumble across on the internet that keep you up at night!

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
Re: I found it on the internet, and now I WANT one!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 10:35:29 PM »
Well I like to see them just abit lower.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 10:45:38 PM »
The 240Z has always been a sports car favorite of mine.  Datsun got it right on that one.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 01:50:13 PM »
This J-2 was for sale about ten years ago, at the time I couldn't afford it anyway. Probably a good thing, I doubt you would be able to register one here in BC with the current laws. But man, talk about LUST!

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 03:15:12 PM »
This J-2 was for sale about ten years ago, at the time I couldn't afford it anyway. Probably a good thing, I doubt you would be able to register one here in BC with the current laws. But man, talk about LUST!

The Kellison j2 has some great lines.  Here's a thread on the Kellisons at the drags:
http://hotrodcraft.com/index.php?topic=1325.msg41892#msg41892

Dean

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 02:44:08 PM »
Missing the SBC and tranny, but I could set one of you up with this one.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 02:51:49 PM »
Missing SBC and tranny, but I could set one of you up with this one.
Its all good, I have too many projects already. WAAAAY too many. ;D Aside from that, if I did do one, I wouldn't be doing flared fenders and stuff, I much prefer the more low key look of the first one I posted to the others that have followed. NICE wheels though!

It wasn't really my intent to turn this into a 240Z thread, I was more looking for guys to post cars they found on the internet that they really liked.

Dean

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 03:02:28 PM »
Its all good, I have too many projects already. WAAAAY too many. ;D Aside from that, if I did do one, I wouldn't be doing flared fenders and stuff, I much prefer the more low key look of the first one I posted to the others that have followed. NICE wheels though!

It wasn't really my intent to turn this into a 240Z thread, I was more looking for guys to post cars they found on the internet that they really liked.

The only reason I have this one is my Dad bought it for the Donovan Small block and a Doug Nash 5-speed. They promptly ripped the power combo out of the Z and put it in a Deuce Tudor.
The Deuce was wicked FAST !! 

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 03:06:14 PM »

The only reason I have this one is my Dad bought it for the Donovan Small block and a Doug Nash 5-speed. They promptly ripped the power combo out of the Z and put it in a Deuce Tudor.
It was wicked FAST !!

It looks like it was a VERY trick car.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 02:38:19 AM »
It would be this.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.