LARS 2017

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
Re: LARS 2017
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2017, 01:31:45 AM »
Walden's
Photo's by Dave J
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2017, 11:05:51 AM »
Walden's
Photo's by Dave J

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2017, 11:06:21 AM »
Walden's
Photo's by Dave J

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2017, 11:16:23 AM »
Fathers Day Show 2017
Photo's by Dave J

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2017, 11:20:59 AM »
Fathers Day Show 2017
Photo's by Dave J

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »
Fathers Day Show 2017
Photo's by Dave J

3 deuces

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2017, 02:22:48 PM »
Anyone know what the attendance was and how it went with new owner,good i hope.

duaneshotrods

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2017, 06:36:07 AM »
Thanks for posting the pictures Beppie & Davy, but geez it's either 1st thing in the morning or a ghost town?
Get the stance right, followed by fit & finish.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2017, 11:39:50 AM »
the last two photos at least look like EARLY morning. I kinda like that flat dawn lighting. I love the blue 5 window!

DavyJ

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2017, 05:43:10 PM »
Thanks for posting the pictures Beppie & Davy, but geez it's either 1st thing in the morning or a ghost town?
The show was extremely quiet  location heard less than threel hundred roadsters   no lines at food stands and the swap meet had vendors but very few shopper's   we actually Drove up  and down around  1 pm
I guess a lot did not agree with the increase costs    $50 for roadsters and $75 for specialty parking 
My one friend said they wanted  $1500 for a small  outside vendor spot so he  went for a swap spot and still did not break even
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

DavyJ

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2017, 05:46:20 PM »
the last two photos at least look like EARLY morning. I kinda like that flat dawn lighting. I love the blue 5 window!
Blue five window taken about noon    will have lots more to post when I get home  made it to Tucumcari for today   too hot for the roadster guys

Attendance was way down , and all the people  I met were  disappointed

Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

Fordors

« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2017, 06:00:16 PM »
I've edited this for clarity as I quoted the wrong post from Davy earlier, I wanted to use his post regarding the cost of swap spaces.

For $1500 a space they should have given him a free hotel room and lunch too. Granted it wasn't the LA Roadsters but I sold at the Iron Invasion in Woodstock, IL last October. Huge turnout of cars and spectators, $10 for a swap space with no pre entry needed, take as much room as you need (within reason, of course) and I turned over a grand in about three hours.
I get that the Roadsters membership is probably weary of coordinating the show, no doubt it is a lot of work and likely those guys are tired of the hassle, but I wonder if they might live to regret the deal they made with the new regime. JMO, as an outsider who has not attended that show since 1976.
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

gbfab

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2017, 01:00:04 AM »
If those pictures were taken on Saturday the attendance on Sunday would have been probably half as much.  Was thinking of going out there on Sunday but I've gotten tired of sitting in the 90 deg. heat like its been for the last couple of years.

flatheadv8s

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2017, 04:41:10 AM »
Thanks for the pics Davy and for Beppie who downloaded them. There is certainly room to move as most pics show no crowds and a scarcity of hot rods. It will be intersting to see what transpires next year. Maybe a sign of the times ??
Life is like a toilet roll. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2017, 07:58:00 AM »
Lot's of feedback that it was the dying of a era.........even an amount of panic from people that have a lot of parts that they have been collecting (hoarding) over the years with the hopes of "cashing in".  Some people think that "...they stayed to late at the fair...."   Seems as though the "carpetbaggers" were the most disappointed.  I look at this as an evolution of the HOBBY, and look to the younger members to develop the next phases.  Friend of mine was at a gas station in King City as the San Francisco boys rolled through, and said that all of the cars were driven by "silver haired pot belly guys like us!"  Maybe, but it seems as though the guys that are building "basic" fun hot rods are doing  it like the post-war crowd.  The pendulum swings.....................

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2017, 11:55:42 AM »
Lot's of feedback that it was the dying of a era.........even an amount of panic from people that have a lot of parts that they have been collecting (hoarding) over the years with the hopes of "cashing in".  Some people think that "...they stayed to late at the fair...."   Seems as though the "carpetbaggers" were the most disappointed.  I look at this as an evolution of the HOBBY, and look to the younger members to develop the next phases.  Friend of mine was at a gas station in King City as the San Francisco boys rolled through, and said that all of the cars were driven by "silver haired pot belly guys like us!"  Maybe, but it seems as though the guys that are building "basic" fun hot rods are doing  it like the post-war crowd.  The pendulum swings.....................

Nice synopsis - but I have never attended so my view is way different from others who have attended over the years.  This year may be an anomaly; time will tell.  The main thing to remember is that this is still a very important show for some people, and the show will continue as long as that interest exists.  I have planned to go for years; this is still on my bucket list.