The All Deuce Run ~ one week away.

HOTRODPRIMER

The All Deuce Run ~ one week away.
« on: June 02, 2017, 05:11:09 PM »

The 17th Annual All Deuce Run is just one week away!

photo by Tom Hassell

Any last minute guys planning to attend the Friday Night dinner and don't yet have a motel room, the Baymont Inn is booked solid- but these are a few alternate motels:

Hampton Inn, 119 Gallery Center Dr . 704 660 7700
    Wingate Inn, 122 Regency Center Dr. 704-664-4900
    Holiday Inn Express, 130 Norman Station 704-662-6900

The Friday dinner will be at 7 PM at the Lone Star Steak House
    668 River Highway, Mooresville, NC 28117

The Saturday run is on the 10th. We will leave from the Target Shopping Center at the northeast corner of Interstate 77 and Hwy 73 (Exit 25 off of Interstate 77) in Cornelius, N.C. promptly at 10 o'clock.

The overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway provides an excellent place to stop, sight see, & look at each others' Deuces. It's also a spectacular photo opportunity.

A lunch stop is planned at Canyons restaurant in Blowing Rock NC. Canyons has a large parking lot and a scenic view of the Smoky Mountains. Plan to get your chairs out and relax for a while.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Danny

32drifter

• Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R. Tolkien
Re: The All Deuce Run ~ one week away.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 10:51:34 AM »
Danny, hope you guys have a GREAT time this year and the weather is GOOD!  I was planning on coming again this year BUT : 1. No top yet.  2. All my "friends" refuse to go 500 miles with me in the roadster.  3. The headquarters motel is full. It's just not in the cards for me to make it , it seems. D... it !  If anyone is on the fence about going... don't hesitate , GO; you will have a blast.  And you guys that DO make it, PLEASE take LOTS of pictures! (for us woosies that don't make it) THANKS!

Striper

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 11:30:42 PM »
Danny, hope you guys have a GREAT time this year and the weather is GOOD!  I was planning on coming again this year BUT : 1. No top yet.  2. All my "friends" refuse to go 500 miles with me in the roadster.  3. The headquarters motel is full. It's just not in the cards for me to make it , it seems. D... it !  If anyone is on the fence about going... don't hesitate , GO; you will have a blast.  And you guys that DO make it, PLEASE take LOTS of pictures! (for us woosies that don't make it) THANKS!

If none of your "friends" won't go on a really cool rod run without a top , you need new friends . Here's shot in Malibu on the way back from Canada last summer , 3k miles for the third time .
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

Striper

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 11:31:27 PM »

If none of your "friends" won't go on a really cool rod run without a top , you need new friends .
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

32drifter

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 07:55:36 AM »
 :'( You're absolutely RIGHT!  But even my son was too busy to go... was going, but found out it was the same weekend as a concert and backed out on me.   My friends say a roadster is a young man's rod.  I say isn't sort of the point?  (stay young as long as you can!)       

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 09:25:30 AM »
:'( You're absolutely RIGHT!  But even my son was too busy to go... was going, but found out it was the same weekend as a concert and backed out on me.   My friends say a roadster is a young man's rod.  I say isn't sort of the point?  (stay young as long as you can!)       

Sorry to hear you won't make it this year, and as for your friends saying roadsters are a young mans hot rod,have you noticed most of the guys that drive roadsters have grey hair and are not afraid to drive in any kind of weather?

BTW,the weather looks rain free for this coming weekend. HRP

3 deuces

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 01:07:50 PM »
I had no top on my roadster for thirty years till my wife wanted one,i prefer no top.she still loves to go on long trips in the roadster,so when your spouse still likes hot rods in her mid 70s a top is a small price for a co-pilot.

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 01:34:27 PM »
You bet it is.

I remember get caught in a torrential storm,the proverbial frog strangler on the way to Pigeon Forge,Tennessee in my old topless roadster.

I was raining so hard the guys I was traveling with,in closed cars mind you,pulled over to wait out the storm.

Riding topless and already soaked to the bone there was no place for us to pull over that would provide cover so we just kept going.

As we rolled into Pigeon Forge after riding in the rain for almost two hours the sun broke through the clouds and the weather could not be any better the rest of the weekend.

Just before we arrived my bride looked at me and said,"are you having fun?",my reply was in my best Curley voice,   "Certainly!" HRP

32drifter

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 01:41:49 PM »
I had no top on my roadster for thirty years till my wife wanted one,i prefer no top.she still loves to go on long trips in the roadster,so when your spouse still likes hot rods in her mid 70s a top is a small price for a co-pilot.
I can't agree more about the top deal!  BUT my wife broke her leg about a month ago and can't ride right now. I'm just sh-- out of luck this year, for the All Deuce Run!  I am working on a top now for that very reason.  BUT I'm trying to make it fold and fit in the trunk.  ( unlike Rod Tops or the Sid's top ) I like to ride with the top DOWN but when away from home , be able to cover up if it starts  raining.

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 07:32:17 PM »
I like to ride with the top DOWN but when away from home , be able to cover up if it starts  raining.

Or hail!  :o

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 09:34:57 PM »
I can't agree more about the top deal!  BUT my wife broke her leg about a month ago and can't ride right now. I'm just sh-- out of luck this year, for the All Deuce Run!  I am working on a top now for that very reason.  BUT I'm trying to make it fold and fit in the trunk.  ( unlike Rod Tops or the Sid's top ) I like to ride with the top DOWN but when away from home , be able to cover up if it starts  raining.
Sid's tops do fold up & comes with a bag to store it in your trunk when not in use.They take up little space.
What was once fun, Now feels like just another job.

32drifter

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 01:57:33 AM »
 :) Beppie, not to highjack the All Deuce Run thread... I have talked to many guys out here who have Sid's tops and Rod Tops and they say they never brake them down; they just set them off. It takes them too long and so they don't ever brake them down and put them in the bag. So I have about given up on those tops. I wish either of the top guys would make a video of the process so I could see how involved it really was.  THANKS though!

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 05:02:51 PM »
Hope you guys enjoy this video that my pal Tom posted of the 2013 All Deuce Run,for me it's bitter/sweet because I lost my life long friend Randy Nash shortly before the run. HRP