Drive your Hot Rod in 2017

bchrismer

Drive your Hot Rod in 2017
« on: March 08, 2017, 08:27:55 PM »

I know that I drive my '40s a lot.  In fact, if it isn't forecasted for rain showers, or snow, or if I am not having to drive a couple hundred miles for a work trip, you can pretty much bet that I am gonna be in a hot rod.

Just for fun, I started counting days that included some "wheel time" for 2017.

Now...just to qualify "wheel time", for my intents and purposes, I count anything that causes me to leave the house to go somewhere.  It may be to the grocery store, or the Wal Marts (as they say in these parts), or it could be a 100 mile round trip to the office for a work day.

So far, out of the current 67 days of 2017, I have had 55 of those with at least an errand ran in a '40 Ford.  I've had several trips to the office, a day of scouting the route for the SWMO Hot Rod Hundred, and several trips down to my brother-in-law's shop to work on either my junk or his '40 Ford pickup project.

So...there's 298 days left of 2017.  Who's with me to make it a great HOT ROD DRIVING year?

DavyJ

Re: Drive your Hot Rod in 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:33:30 PM »
Made it out once this year so far,  been a good winter, but they spray the roads with salt and beet juice every night.............just not fun to cruise and clean after that stuff....spring is around the corner :)
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

pprather

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 09:25:18 PM »
I've only had my rod out once so far this year. The last week of February the weather looked dry and mild, so I went for a ride.
From my home in northern Illinois I drove through Nashville on my way to Birmingham.  There I met a bunch of rodders from Vintage Street Rods of America.  We cruised to Baton Rouge for the Ramblin' Oldies pre-49 event, the last weekend of February.  When the event ended I drove solo, six hours to Memphis, then 10 hours on the final leg to home.
Seven days, 2100 miles. My longest February ride ever.
See you down the road, Phil

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 08:26:28 PM »
Bret,
 Not 1 time this yr.Redoing the car.Next yr.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

Striper

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 04:01:06 PM »
Like Beppie , I'm doing a little maintenance on my roadster . After 42K miles I'm doing a rebuild and re-polish on the front end . It should be back on the road by the middle of May , then let the fun begin !
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

bchrismer

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 04:39:16 PM »
After having a mechanical failure with my clutch in the coupe, work related travel, and wretched weather, I missed a 7 days, recently.  Currently sitting at 88/114.

Davs tub

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 10:04:59 PM »
Cars been apart since last Nov. for repaint. It's back together now and goes into be upholstered May11th. Hoping to make the LARS. 
daves tub

bchrismer

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 03:50:31 PM »
Today is day 110 of 135 for me.  On the one day I didn't drive the coupe last week, some clown tagged the rear bumper of the boogie van while I was sitting at a stop light.

bchrismer

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 11:30:15 AM »
Still going strong in 2017

167/197 so far, with 168 more days left of 2017. 

DavyJ

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 03:05:43 PM »
Went for a ride on Saturday,  out along the coast of Lake Erie towards Pennsylvania and back....found a nice empty beach and a huge candy store......life is good!

bchrismer

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 04:34:53 PM »
I'm 214 days behind the wheel of a 40 Ford for the year.  So far, we are 248 into the year with 117 left to go.  ;-)

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 04:40:33 PM »
maybe if I can get mine on wheels by Dec 31, I can get my kid to push it down the street while I make motor noises? ;D

oldsjoe

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 07:26:16 PM »
Didn't catch this thread to keep an accurate count! So I'll try and remember to start a tally in January! I'm pretty sure I won't catch you bchrismer but it will be fun!  Joe
Living the DREAM!!! One nut and bolt at a time!

Steves32

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 01:29:06 PM »
5 days so far & that’s about it. I might do a show Saturday if I can gather up some enthusiasm from somewhere. Just burned out & doesn’t mean anything to me now.

DavyJ

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 02:07:15 PM »
Dang...enthusiasm is hard to get....after all that work on that coupe it is a shame......hope a rest from it will bring back the excitement

Striper

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 01:26:15 AM »
I just returned from a 17 day road trip with a couple of guys in my roadster club . We picked up a friend from Phoenix along the way on the first day . We drove thru Sequoia NP and hwy 49 on our way to Andy's "final , final Picnic our first event of the trip . Andy's was great and included an intimate Italian dinner for 700 of his closest friends ! From the Sierras we traveled to the small town of Cloverdale in the wine country above San Francisco for BBQ at a little place that we found last year on our return trip from Northwest Deuce Days in Canada . We hung out for few days in the Napa Valley visiting friends , and checking out some of the wineries before heading down to Pleasanton for the Goodguys show . This show has lost it's luster as far as I'm concerned due to the newer cars being admitted , but it is a fun time to catch up with a lot of friends that we have in the bay area , and we did have a fun time ! From there we went a short distance south and stayed with some friends for a few days before joining up with the Bay Area Roadster guys for a fun run on some great back country roads to the Roadster Roundup along the central coast . If there was a bad side it had to be on the trip home after driving along the ocean thru Malibu , we finally had to get on the miserable 405 fwy for the drive south to Orange County . All In all a great time with good friends that I would encourage all of you to do .
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis