Porsche Racing Posters

Red

Porsche Racing Posters
« on: February 24, 2017, 11:07:05 AM »
Back in the early '70's, I landed a job as a parts technician for Sierra Porsche-Audi in Riverside.  I'd been a parts tech at a VW dealership for the previous seven or eight
months and was excited at the prospect of being around Porsche for a change.  Harvey, the parts manager was a friend I knew from high school days and we got along well.
One day, Harvey came in with a cardboard tube that he'd secretly "liberated" from the sales department.  Inside were a number of the coolest posters I'd seen... Porsche
racing posters!  Back then, the factory was heavily involved in promoting Porsche in all manner of racing and what better place then on the sales department's (or Harvey
and I's) walls ;)  Here's a few I spotted on the 'net this morning... 

Red

Re: Porsche Racing Posters
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 11:10:10 AM »
...a few more :)

Red

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 11:12:35 AM »
 :)

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 12:17:50 PM »
Those are cool !  Do you still have any of the 'liberated' posters ?

Red

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 04:26:01 PM »

Those are cool !  Do you still have any of the 'liberated' posters ?

Hey thanks!  Those old posters made great trading / bartering material and never stayed around for long.  Wish I'd kept
some of the Porsche literature and books I saved while working for the company.  My goal was to own a Porsche one day
but that's not happened yet.  A few more posters....

Red

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 04:28:43 PM »
a few more ;)

Red

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 04:37:34 PM »
I like this first poster as it features George Follmer who I worked for in the late 80's / early 90's.  He was racing a Corvette
by then and at the end of his racing career.  Certainly a person of interest who enjoyed a beer with us in parts most Friday
afternoons ;D