IS THE LIKE BUTTON NOT WORKING ?

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
IS THE LIKE BUTTON NOT WORKING ?
« on: October 23, 2016, 08:15:48 PM »
Lmao
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

TS3X65MPH

Re: IS THE LIKE BUTTON NOT WORKING ?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 08:58:58 PM »
Guess not.

duaneshotrods

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 06:52:27 AM »
Guess not.
Maybe Tom need's to add a short "how to" video clip for all the looky loo's!
Get the stance right, followed by fit & finish.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 06:54:18 AM »
Guess not.

That one would be easy!  Yes it amazes me how over 500 users per day visit and don't post.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 04:37:35 PM »
Guess not.

That one would be easy!  Yes it amazes me how over 500 users per day visit and don't post.
It amazes me that I still waste my time posting Deuce stuff.

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 05:27:35 PM »
Steady now!  If it wasn't for the authors in this world, there would be no news papers, books, or encyclopedias!   There's a lot of us that depend on you writers to provide an even keel for everything else that happening in this world!  During the depression it was the 25 cent movies at the show.  Now, i would rather follow what's going on here than CNN.  Many thanks.  bob

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 06:27:23 PM »
Steady now!  If it wasn't for the authors in this world, there would be no news papers, books, or encyclopedias!   There's a lot of us that depend on you writers to provide an even keel for everything else that happening in this world!  During the depression it was the 25 cent movies at the show.  Now, i would rather follow what's going on here than CNN.  Many thanks.  bob
Bob,
I don't really care,But I feel for the guy's on here that take there time to take pic's of a build & no one other then there friends say a thing.Here'a roadster for ya.I think I sent this in a email to ya.

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 01:41:11 AM »
Thanks Beppie.............I've never felt so at home as I do here.  A wide range of builders, drivers, collectors, enthusiasts, and whoever.  Love the roadsters...........but then again, I'm roadster crazy.

Davs tub

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 02:02:41 PM »
Beppie, I guess I have been more of a lurker then a poster. I really am on this site usually 3 or 4 times a day because I believe it is the best one that provides me tech, photos, road trips and laughs, all the things I like. I realize that most of this is provided by you and a handful of other very helpful car guys, but I have used the like button, and I will use it more. Tom has built one hell of a site! I will try harder to add to the posts!   
daves tub

29bowtie

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 02:32:20 PM »
I get a sore finger from clicking the mouse on the "like" button for every one of Beppies posts! :D ;D ;D
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 02:41:28 PM »
I get a sore finger from clicking the mouse on the "like" button for every one of Beppies posts! :D ;D ;D
Like wise.
I'am sure your a lot like me & just enjoy posting up stuff for guy's to enjoy.It does kinda blow my mind that when I post Deuces no one ever says that's so & so's car.It would be nice to put some names to some of the bitchin Deuces that have been posted from me & others.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 02:48:46 PM »
Beppie, I guess I have been more of a lurker then a poster. I really am on this site usually 3 or 4 times a day because I believe it is the best one that provides me tech, photos, road trips and laughs, all the things I like. I realize that most of this is provided by you and a handful of other very helpful car guys, but I have used the like button, and I will use it more. Tom has built one hell of a site! I will try harder to add to the posts!
Your Moving so you get a pass Dave.Like I said to Bowtie,It would be nice to put a name with a car.Thing is if I ever see yours up close I can walk up to you & introduce my self as the nut case from Hot Rod Craft. ;D

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 02:54:16 PM »
Jeeeeeeeeeez, never really focused on the LIKE BUTTON.  Just think now I can go back through years of photos and post and hit like, like, like, like, like................!!!!!!

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 02:59:35 PM »
Jeeeeeeeeeez, never really focused on the LIKE BUTTON.  Just think now I can go back through years of photos and post and hit like, like, like, like, like................!!!!!!
Since your a Roadster guy Bob,
Here ya go.

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 04:05:35 PM »
thump thump thump thump thump!!!!!!!!!!!

32Tudor

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 05:53:07 PM »
I'd like to click the like button but I can't. It's a black square with a white cross in it. I must be using an older version of windows that doesn't allow it. But I too really like all the photos posted.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 05:54:14 PM »
You can also click on the word 'Like'.

32Tudor

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 06:01:03 PM »
Cool, thanks Tom

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 06:34:32 PM »
Guess not.

As a former HAMBer, let me just say, be VERY careful what you wish for!!! ;D

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 06:55:16 PM »
Guess not.

As a former HAMBer, let me just say, be VERY careful what you wish for!!! ;D
It's just a way of showing your appreciation.Me all I really do is post pic's & help when I can.I feel for the guy's who do build treads or share there ride & few if any post a comment.I won't get into what I think of the

3 deuces

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 08:00:09 PM »
I for one do appreciate the the photos and info and im sure like others have little or no computers skills as far as photos go.maybe ill learn some day as i do have some old photos and also videos form 1980 on.

DavyJ

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 09:19:21 PM »
I for one do appreciate the the photos and info and im sure like others have little or no computers skills as far as photos go.maybe ill learn some day as i do have some old photos and also videos form 1980 on.

photos from the 80's are cool.   I am sure we could help you learn to scan and share without too much trouble.
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 11:33:16 AM »
Honestly, I am ok with it being small, my experience is, as soon as a forum starts to grow and get popular, it loses focus. I can talk to you guys the same way I would talk to the car guys I would go for lunch with, I cant do that on those other forums without a shitstorm starting. Everyone gets it, I don't have to listen to a bunch of guys trying to sell me on the idea that 6 cylinder 4 door '53 chevys with glasspacks are "traditional hot rods", or any of the other idiotic, mindless drivel I have to wade through on other forums.
Over the last couple weeks I have joined a couple t-bucket forums, because I am building one, and figured I could find some usable information. On one of the ones I joined, I found several posts by an old friend of mine who is now deceased, and was a well-known race car and t-bucket chassis builder of the sixties and seventies, he had built several really famous high profile race cars. On several of the threads I found, guys were doing DUMB-ASS, DANGEROUS stuff, and he would attempt to speak out and tell them what they were doing wrong. Like pretty much every experienced, knowledgeable racer I have had the benefit of learning from over the years, he was pretty blunt in his delivery, and did not suffer fools kindly. His criticism was not well received.
As a guy who has had the benefit of listening to and learning from guys like him for many decades, I would expect guys to sit down, stfu and listen, so they could learn how to do it right. What I found was a litany of keyboard cowboys spouting stupid uninformed crap and snide comments. Finally, I found a thread where a guy was building a really badly engineered T-Bucket with a considerable amount of power, and my friend had commented that he had better correct the ackerman, because if he didn't, and the car got out shape under power, he would have a hard time getting it back under control. A bunch of clowns bitched at him for "dissing the guys car", and told the op that "ackerman didn't matter" and "who do you think you are" type comments, bla, bla, bla.
As I kept scrolling through the same section of the forum, I found another post by the guy who was building the badly engineered car. He was doing a burnout in a parking lot ::), and had lost control, and rolled the car. The very same group of clowns that had been dissing the chassis builder a page earlier were all condolences, and "gee, its really good no-one got hurt" and so on, but not one one of them thought to say "geez, looks like the chassis builder with 50 years of experience might have known WTF he was talking about after all, maybe next time we should quit spouting shit on a topic we know nothing about, and listen". For me, that was enough, I might flip through the pages there, but I wont be participating in that forum. My experience on automotive related internet forums is, you can have quality, or quantity. Sure, the post count here could climb up to the level of the HAMB, but all that means is that we end up wading through pages and pages of moronic rubbish to find a few meaningful threads. The amount of real, meaningful content probably wont change that much. I am pretty good with it the way it is. Slow incremental growth is the best bet.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2017, 12:01:51 PM »
Thank you.   

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2017, 01:42:58 PM »
jaded iconoclast,
& that is why I've never looked or asked some site for help.I've always gone to my friends for any kind of work/ help & I will always look up to them for a answer.

DavyJ

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2017, 02:30:54 PM »
Well said..............
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

29bowtie

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2017, 12:59:44 PM »
Well said George, and that's been my take as well. We do enjoy the fact that you made your way here, your insights and well read comments have certainly livened things up! ;) ::)
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

duaneshotrods

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2017, 03:12:46 PM »
Well said George, and that's been my take as well. We do enjoy the fact that you made your here, your insights and well read comments have certainly livened things up! ;) ::)
I wish he went by George, instead of guys referring as Jaded. But thanks George.
Get the stance right, followed by fit & finish.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 11:33:02 PM »
Well said George, and that's been my take as well. We do enjoy the fact that you made your here, your insights and well read comments have certainly livened things up! ;) ::)
I wish he went by George, instead of guys referring as Jaded. But thanks George.
You guys can call me George. I just thought "Jaded Iconoclast" described my view of the state of the hobby pretty well. ;D