BEING ABLE TO PREVIEW A PHOTO BEFORE IT SHOWS UP ON A REPLY

jnaki

BEING ABLE TO PREVIEW A PHOTO BEFORE IT SHOWS UP ON A REPLY
« on: September 29, 2016, 06:49:35 PM »
Hello,
     Why is it that we cannot see (preview) a photo before we have to post it?  Is there a way to delete the post if there is an accidental error in it? Yes, i know you can preview it, but it is only for words and not photos.  But, can the web master create something that allows us to delete an error before or even after a post? Microsoft Paint does not give you accurate photo sizes of a jpeg.  Does someone have a formula that will allow a jpeg to be previewed with the correct size for a reply to a thread?

Thank you,
Jnaki

One should be able to just copy a photo that was on your own Microsoft Word as a saved document and paste it onto a thread before you have to hit the POST tab. A suggestion would be to add another tab (DELETE) next to the POST and PREVIEW tabs

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
Re: BEING ABLE TO PREVIEW A PHOTO BEFORE IT SHOWS UP ON A REPLY
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 08:19:16 AM »
jnaki, thanks for the feedback.   the problem with previewing a picture is that the picture must be uploaded to the server first, then manipulated.  IF you have that software that is -  I don't.   I will look again for software that allows this.  The last time I looked, I couldn't find anything that would allow for that.

Also, you can delete a picture from a post.  Use the 'Attach pics and other options, and you click on the button next to the picture you uploaded, then save.

jnaki

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 10:30:00 AM »
Hi Tom,
     Thanks for the reply.  On the HAMB website, there is a provision that allows you to copy a photo from a Word document and paste it onto the thread reply.  If the photo posted is too large or somehow messed up, you can delete the photo immediately just by hitting your delete button.  But, if it is posted by mistake, there is a tab below the reply to delete the post after it gets on the thread.  Also, that program allows anyone to simply copy and paste a photo from any source.  Sometimes, I post a photo onto a Word document to resize it just to fit the post.  My camera shoots at 16mb and each photo is quite large just as a JPEG. But, after I resize, it looks correct on the thread post.
     I like your website, the way it is set up and the items posted.  It is one of the best for transferring information about all things hot rods and boats.  A lot of posters are also those who post on the HAMB website, too.  But, it was just a suggestion to your site and to make it easier for those who like to contribute and post efficiently. 
Thanks,
Jnaki 

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 05:04:04 PM »
Jnaki, thanks for the feedback.  I'm always open to ideas and opinions. 

I have looked at using the same software as used by the hamb.  I chose not to use it a couple of years ago, but will rethink that.