Pics

Pics
« on: September 19, 2016, 06:32:19 PM »
Your file is too large
Want to buy.......some round, skinny, bias ply tires.

Tom

• Administrator
Re: Pics
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:38:21 PM »
what?

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 11:20:00 AM »
That's the message I get lately.....can't post pics like I was able to do on this site in the past! Is there an Apple app that I can resize pics easy on my iPad?

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 11:57:17 AM »
you can crop the pic on an iPad, or you need to find an image resizing program in the iTunes store.  Here's one that is free:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simple-resize/id327776379?mt=8

The best image size is anywhere from 800-1024 pixels wide.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 11:59:06 AM »
Another possibility is the actual size of the file.  I allow for very large files, but uploading large files can often create a timeout.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 12:00:21 PM »
Note that I'm starting to investigate other forum software options.  I think I've taken this one as far as I can go, and it's fallen behind especially in terms of usage on mobile devices (ipads, tablets, smartphones,etc.) and image uploading.

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 12:19:07 PM »
On the hamb, I do not have to resize pics.....the pics post just the right size. Don't know what Ryan has going, but it it probably doesn't use as much server space too!

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 03:29:47 PM »
On the hamb, I do not have to resize pics.....the pics post just the right size. Don't know what Ryan has going, but it it probably doesn't use as much server space too!

He's using software called Xenforo, which costs about $1000 with the add-ons that he uses.  Ryan also has his own servers, but server space isn't really an issue anymore.

I'm looking at using Xenforo but without all of the bells & whistles that Ryan is using.

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 05:27:29 PM »
Think I figured out how to resize pics.....take a screen shot of the desired pic with my iPad,  then email that screen shot to myself....then save to camera roll, then use that pic to post on here! For some unknown to me reason, resizing only works with emailing  a screen shot pic.

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 05:36:22 PM »
Test....This is medium pic

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 07:23:59 PM »
Test

Clint, try a bigger size.  When I email pics from my iPhone, I either use large or medium.

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »
Large pic