Who Drives Their Deuce Every Day ?

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
Who Drives Their Deuce Every Day ?
« on: August 24, 2016, 08:22:18 PM »
I'm not talking going to the store.Over 100 miles a day.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

Re: Who Drives Their Deuce Every Day ?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:22:36 PM »
Those vineyards make me want to come out for a glass of wine. I wouldn't mind driving one of mine a hundred miles a day.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 08:23:43 PM »
Those vineyards make me want to come out for a glass of wine. I wouldn't mind driving one of mine a hundred miles a day.
Napa is a great place to go driving.Lots to see.Pouring rain today so no ride.

Striper

• Whetstone Pinstriping
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 08:24:07 PM »
100 miles a day , 36,500 miles a year . That's an ambitious endeavor . And I thought that I was doing pretty good at 6300 miles this year.
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

jdsaengine

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 08:24:23 PM »
more like 10 mi once a month, but I do enjoy looking at it in the garage !!

Jim
Ol guy who won't quit playing with toys (says wife)

maplefrm

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 08:24:40 PM »
We have had our Deuce for just over 3 years and have driven 22,000 miles. With a trip to the All Deuce Run in NC last June and an August trip to the Hot Rod Hill Climb in Colorado we have driven over 8000 miles this year.
No where near 100 miles per day, but we are driving it.

Our reservations for the Deuce Days  2016 in Victoria BC are made and that is about 2200 miles each way.
It's fun driving a '32.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 08:25:45 PM »
100 miles a day , 36,500 miles a year . That's an ambitious endeavor . And I thought that I was doing pretty good at 6300 miles this year.
Well for 2 months I didn't do any driving.Broke the rearend.It's all fix now thanks to Billie & Joey.It's not always 100.Some days it's about 55.

Striper

• Whetstone Pinstriping
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 08:29:01 PM »
Well for 2 months I didn't do any driving.Broke the rearend.It's all fix now thanks to Billie & Joey.It's not always 100.Some days it's about 55.
I think that the spirit of this thread is to just get out and drive your Deuce whenever it's possible . I've always related the amount of miles driven to how much fun that I had . BTW that rebuilt rear end sure looks nice !
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

flatheadv8s

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 08:29:19 PM »
Unfortunately with our restricted hot rod registration we can only use our hot rods to go to events. Full rego is $1100  a year, restricted rego $180 a year. I'm with jdsa as I also enjoy working on the cars and spending some time in the garage with them. 36,500 miles a year WOW and of course that would be an extra 100 in a leap year. Don't also forget there are a lot of idiots out on the road as can be seen by the recent fatal accident Downunder through no fault of their own.
Life is like a toilet roll. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

Lil32

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 08:29:34 PM »
as Graeme stated re rego, our coupe is on full rego and I try to keep oil flowing as much as possible, in fact have been out Xmas shopping in it today. we have about 58000 miles on it.
Noel
Still crusin after all these years.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 08:30:09 PM »
It was 46 when I went out.

flatheadv8s

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 08:30:48 PM »
And unfortunately we cant register left had drive hot rods on full registration only on restricted rego. I like to keep my hot rods LHD so thats the penalty I have to pay. Alan I don't know Mick but the people I know who do, hold him in high regard.

Lil32

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 08:31:18 PM »
left hand drive
Still crusin after all these years.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 08:31:44 PM »
left hand drive
Very cool pic.Graeme have two hands on that wheel ?

hot rod henry

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 08:32:51 PM »
noel and elaine trying to catch up to you all

DavyJ

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 08:33:29 PM »
Certainly don't drive mine as much as I would like to. But with the wife having medical problems we take her 38 Chev a lot more than the Deuce...........still manage 2>3,000 every year....biggest trip this year was a week in Nashville............ We have over 50 cruise nights within 50 miles of my house, so a lot of times the ride is not as far as it could be.......
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

flatheadv8s

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 08:33:51 PM »
left hand drive
Very cool pic.Graeme have two hands on that wheel ?
Yeah Beppie, I dont want to loose that baby by getting out of control.

hot rod henry

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 06:42:05 PM »
Mine is full rego  but cannot get out much because my  wife has health issues and now so do i enjoy it all boys we willl not be round forever   i am bed as i write this at 10 in the mornng not because i want to be alan

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 12:01:43 AM »
Any body driving there car ?
I asked my 2 friend's if they would push me around the block.The fingers kinda gave me my answer.

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 09:29:10 AM »
Looks good just sittin' there..............

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 10:06:13 AM »
They must think you're #1 !

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 01:58:26 PM »
100 miles a day?! Does this mean that if I buy a deuce I have to move further out of town?? :o ;D

DavyJ

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 08:56:34 PM »
Hmmm  maybe their hands were sore from helping block out the coupe?   

As for driving,  not every day, but as often as time permits..

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 09:35:05 PM »
100 miles a day?! Does this mean that if I buy a deuce I have to move further out of town?? :o ;D
It's always nice to go out of the city.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 09:37:58 PM »
Hmmm  maybe their hands were sore from helping block out the coupe?   

As for driving,  not every day, but as often as time permits..
Joey has 3 cars to do for the GNRS.Joey did these 2 a few yrs back.

DavyJ

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 06:59:54 PM »
http://hotrodcraft.com/index.php

Thant root beer color on the truck is one of my favorites.....and the Merc sure looks straight!

mediumriser

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 10:18:43 PM »
Been driving this turd every day since I got it legal a week ago this past Saturday.

Davs tub

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2017, 10:56:45 AM »
I drive mine to cruzes, shows and lunch once a week with the guys. I don't drive it every day, but when I do I only drive safely my friend!   
daves tub

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2017, 11:37:09 AM »
In about two years, I will be. My brother and I have a two acre property on the edge of the rural part of the north side of the Fraser Valley, about 15 miles NE of here. I am renovating the house and building a shop there. When we get out there, I plan to drive the T-bucket every sunny day.

You can just see the schnoz of one of the '65 Falcons poking out of the lower garage, the other '65 is also in there, and the T Tudor
To be honest, I don't even LIKE driving here in in Surrey, its not pleasant at all. The surroundings are ugly, people drive like total morons, the traffic is dense, and people are HYPER aggressive. You cant really get ANYWHERE without using densely packed 4 laners, you are CONSTANTLY being cut off from the front, and tailgated from behind, in heavy traffic. People will turn right out of side streets when you are right on top of them as a matter of course. I cant even drive the six blocks to my kids school without some jackass pulling out of one of those 6 side streets RIGHT in front of me, to the point where I have to plant the brakes, and there is always some asshole 6' off my bumper, and that in heavy traffic with no-where to go. F@CKING MORONS. God I want to get out of here SO BAD. I wouldnt even want to drive a car like a t-bucket here, and you have to drive through 8-10 miles of this shit to get to somewhere where driving starts to be a pleasant activity.
I mostly walk to school to pick my my kid now, because its so much nicer, its rare that I can walk that 6 blocks, SIX FREAKIN BLOCKS, without witnessing the aftermath of a fenderbender. On Tuesday, there was one in the school zone behind our house! IN A FREAKIN SCHOOL ZONE! How the HELL can you have an accident in a SCHOOL ZONE! And this was as school is getting out, at 3 in the afternoon! GOD I WANNA GET OUTTA HERE! ;D

Fordors

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 12:14:10 PM »
It all boils down to the self absorbed mindset many follow today. It is all about them and no one else matters so they do as they please. With phones that many can't do without when driving to navigation systems and other crap auto makers load up cars with now there are far too many distractions. Combine that with the harried atmosphere that we see every day. I'll drive through an intersection just as the yellow comes on and most times two or more cars will follow, for sure some went through on the red.
Touch screen that requires some thought and multiple tasks to arrive at the answer? What the hell to we need that for? How about the navigation systems? What ever happened to looking at a map and figuring out a route? Some fools can't even find their own hat without a navigation system these days.
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2017, 01:16:29 PM »
It all boils down to the self absorbed mindset many follow today. It is all about them and no one else matters so they do as they please. With phones that many can't do without when driving to navigation systems and other crap auto makers load up cars with now there are far too many distractions. Combine that with the harried atmosphere that we see every day. I'll drive through an intersection just as the yellow comes on and most times two or more cars will follow, for sure some went through on the red.
Touch screen that requires some thought and multiple tasks to arrive at the answer? What the hell to we need that for? How about the navigation systems? What ever happened to looking at a map and figuring out a route? Some fools can't even find their own hat without a navigation system these days.
Really true. I think its an urban phenomenon. People feel completely anonymous, and a lot of people have no internal means of regulating their behavior. We are becoming a culture of sociopaths. Its really getting scary around here, my kid is 8, and we wont let her leave the yard by herself, even on the quiet side street we live on, its too dangerous. People use it as a "dodge" around the red light at the end of the next block over, and drive down our quiet residential side street at literally 45-50 mph. Its really nuts. Around here, a red light means "three more cars"... ::)

Fordors

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2017, 01:58:22 PM »
Around here it seems to know no boundaries, just last July a 25 year old driver disregarded a stop sign in a rural area near Beecher, IL. He instantly killed a 29 year old pregnant mom and her 19 mo. old son. Later the family's two other sons aged 6 and 4 succombed to their injuries. All were belted in and in car seats.
Speeding at 20 mph over the limit and blowing through a stop early in the morning sounds like he may have been distracted by his phone or then again maybe he just is a complete fool. Regardless, a young dad is left to mourn his wife, three sons and unborn child.
The driverless vehicle is said to help make things safer on highways, but what of the many neighborhoods, cities, towns and rural areas? People need to stay alert and pay attention, there are plenty of us out here that depend on it
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2017, 06:26:21 PM »
Funny we were just talking about this. I just got back from my kids school, we were about the use the crosswalk in front, there was a relatively mild traffic back up maybe 1/2 a block long, some guy pulled out of the line across a solid double yellow, blew through the crosswalk in front of the school while we were standing right there, drove up the wrong side of the road, and hung a right, and sped through the remainder of the school zone. He wasn't a kid, probably late forties. It doesn't even surprise me anymore.

3 deuces

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2017, 11:49:01 PM »
i love driving my roadster in oregons willamette valley with all its rural farm roads at 55mph and being able to see the scenery,not so much in az. where everyone go 75mph or better.  i read that phoniex and tucson are the worst in the nation for blowing red lites, and i believe it.you often stop for the lites and 4 or 5 cars a half block back blow on threw. as of october first you can not have a cell phone or hand held devise with in reach of the driver,first offence 1000.00 dollar fine second offence i think is 5000.00 dollar fine plus maybe jail.its about time.

3 deuces

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 11:52:11 PM »
i should have read before i posted. that cell phone law is in oregon

Fordors

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2017, 12:14:17 AM »
That is a big money ticket, here in Illinois it is only a $75 first offense. Really doesn't matter, while I have the utmost respect for law enforcement officers it is rare to see them ticketing an offender for running a light or talking on the phone/texting. Honestly, I think I could write dozens of citations daily. The system is not broken, it's just not used as it should be.

flatheadv8s

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2017, 03:23:00 AM »
I have given up driving in heavy commuter traffic. I moved to a small country town six years ago and its much more relaxed. When I used to drive down to get through the city I found it way to stressful in that type of traffic with all the congestion and impatient drivers in their everyday grocery getters. Freeways are way to busy and if you have a breakdown there is nowhere to pull over. Country driving is much more pleasant. Its amazing how most drivers speed in a lot of the USA States and it stuns me why State Govts. dont ticket drives for speeding. They would make millions.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2017, 09:41:32 AM »
the thing that really blows my mind is everyone speeds through school zones now. Even when I was a 20 yr old crazed street racer maniac, school zones were sacrosanct. Now I see people that have kids in the school speed through the school zone! We have a cell phone law here too, I don't pay much attention as I don't own a cell, but I think its a $500 ticket. No one seems to pay much attention though, hell the other day, I saw some guy driving using an I-pad on his steering wheel! :o
Man, I am looking forward to getting back out to east Maple Ridge. The difference is really noticeable out there as long as you stay on the east side, but once you get west of 223rd, its just like here.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2017, 10:17:44 AM »
I have given up driving in heavy commuter traffic. I moved to a small country town six years ago and its much more relaxed. When I used to drive down to get through the city I found it way to stressful in that type of traffic with all the congestion and impatient drivers in their everyday grocery getters. Freeways are way to busy and if you have a breakdown there is nowhere to pull over. Country driving is much more pleasant. Its amazing how most drivers speed in a lot of the USA States and it stuns me why State Govts. dont ticket drives for speeding. They would make millions.
Remember making time to L.A. ? ;D

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2017, 11:07:33 AM »
HA!  Around here, there would be six cars in that space between you and the SUV,^^ four in that gap behind the semi, and the fifth car in the line on your right would be 6" off the bumper of the fourth car and on and off the gas trying to get enough space to switch into your lane and immediately nail his brakes. ::) Ask Bowtie if you think I'm exaggerating. ;D

29bowtie

« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 06:02:27 PM »
In about two years, I will be. My brother and I have a two acre property on the edge of the rural part of the north side of the Fraser Valley, about 15 miles NE of here. I am renovating the house and building a shop there. When we get out there, I plan to drive the T-bucket every sunny day.

You can just see the schnoz of one of the '65 Falcons poking out of the lower garage, the other '65 is also in there, and the T Tudor
To be honest, I don't even LIKE driving here in in Surrey, its not pleasant at all. The surroundings are ugly, people drive like total morons, the traffic is dense, and people are HYPER aggressive. You cant really get ANYWHERE without using densely packed 4 laners, you are CONSTANTLY being cut off from the front, and tailgated from behind, in heavy traffic. People will turn right out of side streets when you are right on top of them as a matter of course. I cant even drive the six blocks to my kids school without some jackass pulling out of one of those 6 side streets RIGHT in front of me, to the point where I have to plant the brakes, and there is always some asshole 6' off my bumper, and that in heavy traffic with no-where to go. F@CKING MORONS. God I want to get out of here SO BAD. I wouldnt even want to drive a car like a t-bucket here, and you have to drive through 8-10 miles of this shit to get to somewhere where driving starts to be a pleasant activity.
I mostly walk to school to pick my my kid now, because its so much nicer, its rare that I can walk that 6 blocks, SIX FREAKIN BLOCKS, without witnessing the aftermath of a fenderbender. On Tuesday, there was one in the school zone behind our house! IN A FREAKIN SCHOOL ZONE! How the HELL can you have an accident in a SCHOOL ZONE! And this was as school is getting out, at 3 in the afternoon! GOD I WANNA GET OUTTA HERE! ;D

Wow, things have sure changed since my last visit up there. I sure can relate to the sentiment on the idiot drivers in our area, specially after being hit 14 times
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 08:16:25 PM »

Wow, things have sure changed since my last visit up there. I sure can relate to the sentiment on the idiot drivers in our area, specially after being hit 14 times

14 TIMES??!! :o SOAB!! That's gotta be a record, even for around here! Once I get the house squared away and a shop up, you have to come out for a visit. We'll put a fire in the fire pit, and watch the ravens flying back and forth and cussing us out. Maybe if we are quiet, a couple deer will show up and eat Colins roses, that's always good for a laugh. Man he gets pissed about that! ;D

29bowtie

« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 10:10:49 PM »
It'll be different without the Maserati in that lower garage. Nice to see the roof fixed on the upper garage, last time I was there, there was a fallen tree on top of it, with the Jag and Franklin right under it. :o I'd love to come and visit.
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark