LA Roadster Show

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
LA Roadster Show
« on: August 21, 2016, 06:38:10 PM »
I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE JUST ONE THREAD ON THE OPEN HOUSES & THE SHOW ITSELF. PICS OF YOUR DRIVE TO IT & ALL THAT KIND OF STUFF. A LOT OF THE GUYS ON HERE WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE IT, & IT SURE WOULD BE NICE FOR THOSE GUYS IF WE CAN MAKE THEM FEEL LIKE THEY WERE THERE. EVERYBODY HAVE A SAFE & FUN TRIP.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

hot rod henry

Re: LA Roadster Show Swap Meet bits...warning, non deuce parts as well!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 06:38:31 PM »
do my best but might be slow as i am computer illiterate . leaving austrelia this saturday doing a road trip from dixies home aka jim grace in florida

flatheadv8s

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 06:38:47 PM »
Looking forward to the drive with TS3X65MPH ( but not that fast) from Frisco to LARS
Life is like a toilet roll. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

Deu55

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 06:39:05 PM »
Looking forward to seeing Beppie's 32..see ya in LA Graeme .

HemiDeuce

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 06:39:35 PM »
I'll be driving down with my 32 Roadster.

duaneshotrods

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 06:39:55 PM »
Looking forward to the drive with TS3X65MPH ( but not that fast) from Frisco to LARS
CHICKEN, LOL............ It's O.K. though I got him back being a passenger in my Willys on the freeway.
Get the stance right, followed by fit & finish.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 06:40:17 PM »
ARE YOU TAKING THE COAST ? I'M LEAVING THE BAY AREA ON TUESDAY MORNING.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 06:40:47 PM »
CHICKEN, LOL............ It's O.K. though I got him back being a passenger in my Willys on the freeway.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.YOU HAVE NEVER WANTED TO TAKE A RIDE IN THE STANG.LOL

Krylon32

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 06:41:20 PM »
Doing my best to be there. Putting a new motor in the new roadster (problems with the first one) debating whether to drive or trailer as it will have no long road miles on it before time to leave?????? Staying at the Sheraton Fairplex so not far to drive.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 06:41:47 PM »
Doing my best to be there. Putting a new motor in the new roadster (problems with the first one) debating whether to drive or trailer as it will have no long road miles on it before time to leave?????? Staying at the Sheraton Fairplex so not far to drive.
GARY,
  YOU COULD ALWAYS DRIVE YOUR 3W.

Krylon32

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 06:42:06 PM »
Drove out to the show in a deuce roadster in 86. After that running the rod shop didn't leave much time for driving trips. First opportunity I've had for an extended trip in a long while. Taking the 3 window just wouldn't be the same. Been looking forward to having a roadster at the show for a long time. It'll be there even if it's in a trailer! I see a lot of trailers in the area so I won't be alone.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 06:42:23 PM »
Drove out to the show in a deuce roadster in 86. After that running the rod shop didn't leave much time for driving trips. First opportunity I've had for an extended trip in a long while. Taking the 3 window just wouldn't be the same. Been looking forward to having a roadster at the show for a long time. It'll be there even if it's in a trailer! I see a lot of trailers in the area so I won't be alone.
HOPE YOU GET IT UP & RUNNING. IT IS A ROADSTER SHOW RIGHT.I'LL JUST HAVE TO DRIVE THE COUPE.FOR ME IT WILL BE THE DRIVING DOWN & AROUND WITH MY FRIEND'S.

thedeuceguy3

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 06:42:45 PM »
I will be making my 10th drive to LARS with 7 or so other rods. We are meeting in Des Moines on June 3rd and all leave the morning of the 4th.
We are taking the long senic route. I will be blogging most every night on my blog and will try to post a few pics and comments here. If you want to follow the trip the blog addres is      www.the deuceguy.blogspot.com
Here is a mini schedule of our trip
Wed   leave Des Moines  visit a couple of shops in NE
Thursday    Loveland CO  Pinkees hot rod shop
Friday   Loveland Goodguys show
Saturday   leave the show at noon...Estes Park, Loveland Pass (12,000ft) spending the night in Silt CO
Sunday   drive to Grand Junction, Gateway, CO (Gateway auto museum) into Utah, Monument Valley,spending the night in Flagstaff, AZ
Monday   drive thru Oak Creek canyon, Jerome, Sedona spending the night in Prescott.
Tuesday   drive to Camp Verde for a BBQ hotrod gathering and a deuce collection visit
Wednesday   leave at sunrise for LA   shop tours etc
Thursday/Friday   shop tours
Saturday/Sunday   LARS
Sunday     joining the Street Rodder Mag tour to Back to the 50's in MN

I will be driving my black RPU   I have loaned my blue roadster to a buddy from CT...so both of my roadsters will be there. We will have cars from FL,CT,MN,IA,IL,WI.   We have named our trip    "Thoze Ol Guys Topless Tour"
We  have made stickers and Tshirts with the design on them. This going to be a GREAT trip !!

My roadsters............
a cold, wet day in a roadster is better than any day at work !

Centerline

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 06:44:14 PM »

Monday   drive thru Oak Creek canyon, Jerome, Sedona spending the night in Prescott.

Better check with the Arizona DPS as there is a forest fire burning in Oak Creek Canyon at the moment that's only 20% contained. If they don't get it out in the next few days the roads may not be open up there.
Centerline

"Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion of how it should go together."  - Tim "

thedeuceguy3

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 06:44:32 PM »

Better check with the Arizona DPS as there is a forest fire burning in Oak Creek Canyon at the moment that's only 20% contained. If they don't get it out in the next few days the roads may not be open up there.
Yes, I know...been watching that. Thanks for the message. We can always take the Interstate to Camp Verde if we have to
a cold, wet day in a roadster is better than any day at work !

HemiDeuce

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 06:44:58 PM »
ARE YOU TAKING THE COAST ? I'M LEAVING THE BAY AREA ON TUESDAY MORNING.
No, we are taking Hwy 97 to 395 on the way down and then going up the coast on the way home.
There will be about 35 of us from BC coming down, most are staying at the Best Western in San Dimas.
Hope to meet up with some of you.
Keith.