*** All Deuce Run *** 2015

HOTRODPRIMER

*** All Deuce Run *** 2015
« on: August 20, 2016, 07:55:36 PM »
    The All Deuces Run will be held June 6 ,2015. :)

We usually have 35 to 40 Deuces. Fiberglas or steel - - OHV or FLATHEAD - - Highboy or fenders ...original or hot rod it does not matter ... if it is a 32 Ford ... you are ... WELCOME :D
    The run will leave From the Target Shopping Center at the North East Corner of Interstate 77 and Hwy 73 ( Exit 25 off Interstate 77 ) in Cornelius promptly at 10 o'clock. The overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway provides a excellent place to stop, sight see and look at each others Deuce. It is a excellent photo opportunity. A lunch stop is planned at Canyons restaurant in Blowing Rock NC. Canyons has a large parking lot and a very scenic view of the Smokey Mountains. Plan to get out your chairs and relax for awhile.

Please invite your 32 Ford owner friends to join us.

Run Co-coordinators

Bill ... 704-788-1856 in North Carolina
    Danny ...864-328-5840 in South Carolina

OK guys,you can now officially ,mark your calendars.June 6, 2015 is the date for the Annual "All Deuce Run" through the Beautiful Blue Ridge mountains is the date.

The last couple of years we have gathered at the Lone Star steak house and saloon for dinner on Friday night and we socialized in the parking lot for a hour or so before heading back to the motel.

Some of us are staying at the Sleep Inn on Friday,132 Meadow Hill Circle,704-799-7070

This is exit 36 off I-77 Mooreville,same exit as the restaurant.

Thanks to Tom (seadog) for the the great promo photos. HRP

32drifter

• Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R. Tolkien
Re: *** All Deuce Run *** 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 07:55:54 PM »
Danny, is there any chance this might turn into a two day run... starting on Friday? I enjoy the Friday night bench racin' almost as much as the GREAT tour. It's a pretty good distance for some us to make in one day. It sure was great meeting everyone last year., I highly recommend this run to everyone who asks.

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 07:56:13 PM »
Ken,because of traveling distance and some driving considerably further than I do,that's the reason we talked about doing something on Friday.

That was when Bill came up with the idea of a dinner together,as of this minute we haven't discussed two days. Danny

pprather

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 07:56:28 PM »
Danny,
I am thinking of driving down, meeting the group on Friday and doing the run on Saturday.  It looks like Saturday the drive is from Moorsville to Blowing Rock.  After lunch, does everyone head for home?  Just trying to plan my Saturday evening stay.  Thanks, Phil

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 07:57:02 PM »

DANA RED

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 07:57:21 PM »
The Mooresville monthly downtown car show will be Saturday afternoon June 6 th. some of the Deuce run participants usually stop there after Blowing Rock. Henry

MrBonez

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 07:57:37 PM »
How long is the run to Blowing Rock ..?
Big and Small, I love 'em all...Cars that is

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 07:57:57 PM »
3 to 4 hours depending on the route and the stops for gas & photos.

I have left Anderson,South Carolina early one morning and met up at the Tanger parking lot,joined in on the run,drove back to Mooresville,N.C for a cruise in and back home...that made for a long day,especially in the tight confines of my 32 pickup..I drove just shy of 600 miles that day.

Since we started having the Friday night dinner it makes for a nice overnight trip. HRP

seadog

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 07:58:21 PM »
I posted these over on that other board, but thought some of y'all here might enjoy these.  We had a great day with a good turn out of Deuces.  Folks from all over the country were there.

'Rest of them are in a gallery here:  http://tombo.smugmug.com/2015-All-Deuce-Run/

32drifter

• Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R. Tolkien
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 07:58:49 PM »
:'( Sure hated missing this year's run... THANKS! for posting!   Now I'm aiming for next year.

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 07:59:05 PM »
Missed you this year,hopefully you can make it back next year.

check out the great photo of the green 5 window,That's our pal Max waving at Tom..he is the elder statesman on the run at 88 years young! HRP

Striper

• Whetstone Pinstriping
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 07:59:22 PM »
It looks like another fun run this year . Thanks for the photos .
Anything worth doing is worth doing right . -- Frank Kurtis

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 07:59:32 PM »
Great pics, thanks for sharing.   How many deuces were in attendance this year ?

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 07:59:49 PM »
Tom,32 was the count but only 29 made the run.

Barry's roadster had a catastrophic transmission failure at the host motel parking lot,Tom driving the red sedan just saw us off due to his wife being ill and Max felt like his brakes were lacking and 88 years young he was the co-pilot in the green 5 window.

We had about 10 seasoned veterans but the rest of the guys were first timers,I think everyone who showed up had a good time. HRP

DavyJ

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 08:00:05 PM »
Great  pics,  looks like a good turnout and good weather too!  thanks for sharing.......
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

maplefrm

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2016, 08:00:20 PM »
Seadog, it was nice to meet you yesterday.  My wife and I had a great time on the run.  It was 851 miles from our house in Petersburg IL to the Deuce Run. Everyone was so nice and friendly and we felt very comfortable.  We would highly recommend this trip to everyone. Lots of great cars, scenery and food at the Canyons.
We traveled a total of 1833 miles in our Deuce over the last 5 days.  We are both still grinning!
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."