All Deuces Run to Blowing Rock 2014

HOTRODPRIMER

All Deuces Run to Blowing Rock 2014
« on: August 14, 2016, 03:09:39 PM »
The All Deuces Run will be held May 31,2014.

We usually have 35 to 40 Deuces. Fiberglas or steel - - Ohv or Flatmotor - - Highboy or fendered ... it does not matter ... if it is a 32 Ford ... you are ... WELCOME
The run wll leave From the Target Shopping Center at the NorthEast Corner of Interstate 77 and Hwy 73 ( Exit 25 off Interstate 77 ) in Cornelius promply at 10 o'clock. The overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway provides a excellent place to stop, sight see and look at each others Deuce. It is a excellent photo opportunity. A lunch stop is planned at Canyons resturant in Blowing Rock NC. Canyons has a large parking lot and a very scenic view of the Smokey Mountains. Plan to get out your chairs and relax for awhile.

Please invite your 32 Ford owner friends to join us.

Run Co-ordinators

Bill Rhodes ... 704-788-1856 in North Carolina
Danny Berry...864-328-5840 in South Carolina

OK guys,you can now officially mark your calendars..the date has been set for the Annual "All Deuce Run" through the Beautiful Blue Ridge mountains

May 31,2014 is the date,,we are still working out the details of where to stay if you arrive early for the Friday night get together and our dinning plans for that evening,,last year we went to the Lone Star and it was great,,we socialized in the parking lot for a hour or so before heading back to the motel.

We did this for the first time last year and it was a huge success,,we are still working out the details on overnight accommodations for folks that wish to come on Friday.

Thanks to Tom (seadog) for the the great promo photos. HRP

HOTRODPRIMER

Re: All Deuces Run to Blowing Rock 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 03:10:12 PM »
We stayed at the first Sleep Inn listed last year and probably will again,we just stayed one night and it's just down the road from the restaurant that we will dine at Friday.

To my knowledge there was just 4 of us that opted to show up on Friday last year and we all stayed here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18cuFm6sm9yHc_ZPr-pfvLBx7-vBOycNBHp-hVKS0Wr8/edit?pli=1

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 03:10:36 PM »
We are heading out in the morning also.

seadog

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 03:11:17 PM »
The day started of a little cloudy & overcast, but turned out great.  No rain and a good turn out of Deuces.  Saw some new cars I hadn't seen before.  Cars from as far away as FL and CT.  Here are a few snaps I shot...

The rest of the stuff I shot is here   http://tombo.smugmug.com/2014-All-Deuce-Run/

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 03:11:36 PM »
Tom is a outstanding photographer and we are fortunate he also loves Deuces,he has a gift which he gladly shares will us.

We had a total of 31 Deuces this year,down a little from last year but the enthusiasm was at a all time high,our Friday night dinner had a good turn out although the rain was heavy even so, a few brave souls staying at the same motel showed up in topless roadsters,there spirit would not be dampened.

We saw a lot of new faces,one being fellow member Ken (32 Drifter) and his co-pilot Ken and I hope they make it again next year,I honestly believe Ken has been bitten by the dreaded Deuce bug and we all know there is no Known cure!

Bill laid out a entirely different route this year and everyone seemed to enjoy it as it took us through a couple of small towns and a lot of twisty roads and beautiful country side.

As Tom pointed out we had a few guys from Florida,Tennessee,Georgia,South Carolina,Connecticut and of course North Carolina was well represented.HRP

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 03:12:10 PM »
Great pictures That's a run that I would have liked to have done.
My names John,I have always liked hotrods,and mainly 32 fords,thanks to my dad.

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 03:12:29 PM »
Great pictures That's a run that I would have liked to have done.
We do it every year,,make your plans early!  ;D HRP

32drifter

• Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R. Tolkien
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 03:13:06 PM »
Since I made it there this year I thought I'd through my 2 cents worth in [ pics]: First just to prove I WAS there... LOL

32drifter

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 03:15:05 PM »
Some more:

32drifter

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 03:16:40 PM »
Deuces everywhere no matter where you turned!

32drifter

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 03:17:52 PM »
And finally:

32drifter

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 03:18:09 PM »
Had a GREAT time! DON'T miss it next year guys.   Rained on us for an hour or so on the way home, after the rainless ride with all the deuces. [But as said, can't dampen our spirits... especially with a Duval windshield @ 65... no rain gets in!] LOL   THANKS! to Danny and all who put this run on!

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 03:19:24 PM »
Had a GREAT time! DON'T miss it next year guys.   Rained on us for an hour or so on the way home, after the rainless ride with all the deuces. [But as said, can't dampen our spirits... especially with a Duval windshield @ 65... no rain gets in!] LOL   THANKS! to Danny and all who put this run on!
Glad to have met both of you Ken & Ken,

We are fortunate to have had so many really great guys show up year after year and like yourself new guys.

We welcome all Deuce owners.

Bill Rhodes & late Randy Nash started this many years ago,I need to check with Bill to find out when the first one was and I teamed up with Bill to try and fill in the big shoes Randy wore.

We add the Friday night deal last year to enable long distance guys a little more time to bench race.

You have 360 days until the 2015 All Deuce Run,,hope to see you there.

BTW,It seem like you pal Ken has got the Deuce Bug too. HRP

flatheadv8s

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 03:19:43 PM »
Thanks guy's for all the great photo's.Any more of that 5w with the blown sbc.
Life is like a toilet roll. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

32drifter

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 03:20:16 PM »
Thanks guy's for all the great photo's.Any more of that 5w with the blown sbc.
Blow my mind: