Jim McGowan's roadster 'Apache'

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
Jim McGowan's roadster 'Apache'
« on: August 14, 2016, 02:56:05 PM »
Can someone fill in the blanks.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
Re: Jim McGowan's roadster 'Apache'
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 02:56:45 PM »
a few more pics

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 02:58:11 PM »
& Now.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 02:58:39 PM »
more pics

topsterguy

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 03:00:02 PM »
I knew Jim for several years, probably the last 20, and we did many "roadster trips" together over the past 15 - him in the Apache and me in my 32 in diferent configurations. We had MANY great times. I remember when I was a kid growing up in Burnaby  and would go to the car shows and see the Apache and aggle at it and the other "big guys hot rods"......who'd a thunk that years later Jim and I would be best pals doing road trips all over! Jim also decided that I need a top like the one on the Apache that came completely apart and stored behind the seat.......what a concept! We made many of those ! We always kidded Jim about being "Brizio North" because he had been a hot rodder as long as Andy had and done a lot of the stuff Andy had done, but being from Canada the recognition wasn't there. On Jim's 75th birthday we presented him with a "Brizio North" jacket! That said, anyone from the Pacific Northwest knew who Jim was and of the Apache.  His sudden passing on the morning of Nov 6, 2012 devastated us all and his family, and left a HUGE empty space in me in regards to a best pal, a road trip buddy, a guy to have a beer with, and overall a great guy to hang around with. The last pic is of Jim (R) myself(L) and our pal Murray at the LA Rdstr show , one of the 10 or 11 times Jim and I went.
"If a man is all alone in the forest and there's no woman around is he still wrong?"

DavyJ

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 03:00:23 PM »
Thanks for sharing the story..........it is those stories that add depth to the cars...........Sounds like you built a few good memories together..........
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 03:00:47 PM »
I knew Jim for several years, probably the last 20, and we did many "roadster trips" together over the past 15 - him in the Apache and me in my 32 in diferent configurations. We had MANY great times. I remember when I was a kid growing up in Burnaby  and would go to the car shows and see the Apache and aggle at it and the other "big guys hot rods"......who'd a thunk that years later Jim and I would be best pals doing road trips all over! Jim also decided that I need a top like the one on the Apache that came completely apart and stored behind the seat.......what a concept! We made many of those ! We always kidded Jim about being "Brizio North" because he had been a hot rodder as long as Andy had and done a lot of the stuff Andy had done, but being from Canada the recognition wasn't there. On Jim's 75th birthday we presented him with a "Brizio North" jacket! That said, anyone from the Pacific Northwest knew who Jim was and of the Apache.  His sudden passing on the morning of Nov 6, 2012 devastated us all and his family, and left a HUGE empty space in me in regards to a best pal, a road trip buddy, a guy to have a beer with, and overall a great guy to hang around with. The last pic is of Jim (R) myself(L) and our pal Murray at the LA Rdstr show , one of the 10 or 11 times Jim and I went.
Sounds like you had great times with your friend.Road trips are the best & I wish I could do more of them.Thanks for sharing that with us & I'am sure Jim had a blast with his friend.I think the jacket is very cool.I hope to see Jim's car some day.

topsterguy

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 03:01:25 PM »
The Apache went to Jim's son Mike and Mike is carrying on the tradition of the car by driving the wheels off it. He has had it at several shows around the northwest and is right into owning and using the car the way it was meant to be.  With the exception of being off the road for updates and redo's now and then it's been on the road as a hot rod for 63 years now. The pic is from when Jim and his wife Mary got the historical award for the Aapache - it was the car at DeuceDay Northwest with the most history, which was a big honor because there were close to 500 deuces there!
"If a man is all alone in the forest and there's no woman around is he still wrong?"

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 11:44:01 AM »
OUTSTANDING thread! EXCELLENT!
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive