Puyallup Goodguys 2011

agave

Re: Puyallup Goodguys 2011
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 06:11:13 PM »
fresh build,it was for sale.

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 06:11:50 PM »
Nice pics !  Do you know any more about the 'survivor' 5-window ?  And that 3-window that you like - me like it too....
Tom, the survivor is a nailhead powered build from decades ago that has remained virtually untouched. It belongs to a friend of Rich S. (tri-deuce-dicky) on here. The black 3W belongs to Rich's father, maybe he'll share some info about both cars. The 3W highboy is so sharp. Pictures don't do it justice.   Tim
The 5 window is an original California hotrod virtually un-touched since 1957.  The story is that a gentleman that owned a towing company at the time built the car.  It was shown some and then put away for a long time.  We believe the mileage to be original at 28,000.  The nailhead is very strong and the story behind that is it came out of a wrecked CHP car in 56 with very low miles on the nailhead.  The owner had the towing contract with the CHP at the time.  It is still licensed and titles in California with the original black plates.  I bought it from the guy who bought it from the original builder/owner and had it for a short time before Steve got it.  IT has been for sale for a couple of years, but I think Steve has decided to keep it.

The 3 window is my Dad's.  I found the car about a decade ago.  It was already chopped, in primer, full fendered, running a 327 and a 4 speed.  THis car came out of Grants Pass Oregon.  The chop was nice, but the roof fill was bad.  It now has a So-Cal chassis, buggy sprung front and rear, 1965 327, dual quads, t-10 etc.  Dad is going to run it this season as a high boy and then the fenders are going back on. 

agave

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 06:12:07 PM »
Thanks for the info Rich. It was good to see you this weekend.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 06:12:21 PM »
Rich, thank you for the info.

theBoB

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 06:13:35 PM »
cabriolet

Yes, that's  Ed and Carol Lasky's cabriolet that we built for them 30 years ago.  Except for the wheels it still looks the same.  Ed is passed on, playing that blues Sax somewhere else now, but the Cab still looks classy with a Kugal front and chrome 9‚Äùrear end.   Jim Mcfall did the leather interior, Mercedes top, and the carpet covers a teakwood floor!  I have some construction shots somewhere...
Thanks for posting, took me back to better times.    theBoB
I prefer substance to shadow...

Stovebolt

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 06:15:16 PM »

Pat's coupe looks better and better every time I see it  8)
Why is it that when you think you've got it sorted .....  something else pops up???

Merlin

• Misfit Extraordinaire.
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 06:15:35 PM »

Pat's coupe looks better and better every time I see it  8)
Thats featured in the new Rod and Custom, It's one sweet 5 window.
I'm just your average misfit with enough knowledge to be dangerous.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 06:16:47 PM »
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.