JUST CHANNELED DEUCES

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
Re: JUST CHANNELED DEUCES
« Reply #256 on: April 01, 2018, 02:19:15 PM »
Channeled 3w

I really like this one !  It looks like something out of a Keith Weesner painting.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #257 on: April 02, 2018, 09:04:55 PM »
“Car was built in 1950's by Don Broyles of Ohio. Condition is as an original hot rod should be.” ON EBAY FOR SALE.

Dale Shaw '32 Survivor - Proven provenance, multiple magazines and shows.
Channeled original '32. I purchased from friend and long time owner, Dale Shaw, in 1999, when he became terminally ill. I have hand written letter detailing car history that he wrote from hospital bed. I promised him a fair price and that I would keep the car in the shape it was as he owned it since mid 1970's. I have done that and now it is time to move to the next owner/caretaker. Car features all the "must have's" for a traditional hot rod built. Including hand made louvered hood.

Featured in:

1970 Rod and Custom

1980 Street Rodder

2011 Rod and Kulture

along with multiple car club newsletters in Texas.

All-Chrome Kinmonts, Culver City Halibrand quick change (w/ extra gears), Stromberg 81's, Wieand 4 carb intake, Offenhauser valve covers, unique pressure fed fuel system with hand pump, multiple (9) convex SW gauges. Unique hand stitched interior. Have original soft top and wing windows.

Would like car to transfer to owner who wants to keep Dale's dream car alive and its history growing.
Team at Austin Speed Shop care for the car to ensure it stays true to its character.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #258 on: April 02, 2018, 09:07:27 PM »
“Car was built in 1950's by Don Broyles of Ohio. Condition is as an original hot rod should be.” ON EBAY FOR SALE.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #259 on: April 02, 2018, 09:09:44 PM »

3 deuces

« Reply #260 on: April 03, 2018, 11:01:28 PM »
looks like appliance wheels now,dont see those often now days

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2018, 12:50:50 PM »
Henry Roadster.
 Anybody have a idea who's car this was.
LOVE the interior!
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2018, 12:53:07 PM »

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2018, 02:25:07 PM »
Scott Hamilton's
WOW! That's PERFECT!

Ditto - it's one of the best of the full-fendered channeled hot rods.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #264 on: April 07, 2018, 02:28:32 PM »

Design-wise it would look better without the hood, or with the body 'unchanneled' in the front just enough so that the roadster did not look like it was bent at the firewall.  Or lower the grille shell.   Stuff like this drives me nuts - obviously  :o

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #265 on: April 07, 2018, 04:05:42 PM »

Design-wise it would look better without the hood, or with the body 'unchanneled' in the front just enough so that the roadster did not look like it was bent at the firewall.  Or lower the grille shell.   Stuff like this drives me nuts - obviously  :o
I agree, grill shell needs to go down an inch.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #266 on: April 07, 2018, 04:18:53 PM »
It's a cool roadster - In fact, one of the pics posted was one I took years ago at Ryan Cochran's first 'Revolution' rod run.  The roadster just needs a little 'trim' to make it perfect.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #267 on: April 07, 2018, 04:35:10 PM »
It's a cool roadster - In fact, one of the pics posted was one I took years ago at Ryan Cochran's first 'Revolution' rod run.  The roadster just needs a little 'trim' to make it perfect.
When I first saw it in Hot Rod Deluxe, I was particularly impressed with the interior, very cool car all around. I am also a sucker for filled axles and bobbed frame horns. Slick car.