JUST CHANNELED DEUCES

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
Re: JUST CHANNELED DEUCES
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 12:30:17 AM »
 GLEN RUDISILL'S 5W  COUPE  BUILT IN 1957

WHO EVER BOUGHT IT KNOCK OFF THE FENDERS ETC.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

Chopt34

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 12:45:12 AM »
That black 3 window is tough looking.  I love it!

JAKES 32 3W - RIP

Chopt34

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 12:56:00 AM »
A couple updated pictures of my blue coupe from the previous post. I like swapping the wheels around on the red one.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 01:44:55 AM »

JAKES 32 3W - RIP

CHRIS,
   IT WAS FOR SALE AFTER JAKE'S PASSING.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 01:48:08 AM »
A couple updated pictures of my blue coupe from the previous post. I like swapping the wheels around on the red one.
[/quote]

YOU SURE MADE SOME GREAT CHANGES TO IT. HERE'S A BEFORE PIC.IT DOESN'T HAVE THAT TUFF LOOK TO IT HERE.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 01:54:33 AM »
A FRIEND OF MINE HAD A HAND IN THIS ONE CHRIS.

Chopt34

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 01:51:07 PM »

JAKES 32 3W - RIP

CHRIS,
   IT WAS FOR SALE AFTER JAKE'S PASSING.

Is it still for sale?  That car is bad ass!

Chopt34

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 02:02:55 PM »
A FRIEND OF MINE HAD A HAND IN THIS ONE CHRIS.

I know that car well, long story....  I was trying to buy that car from the lady, but the current owner beet me to it.  He took the car a lot farther than I would have, and they did a fantastic job on that car too! So it is probably the best situation all around!
I have every magazine(that I am aware of) that car was featured in, including the first iteration pre zoomies. I am constantly studying and hunting down leads.  It was only a month after I missed out on the Sylvester roadster the Cockroach roadster became available, it is not a 32, but I dig the crazy chrome frame and chrome floor, plus instead of a restoration, it was a preservation which are the kind of cars I favor.

Chopt34

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 02:10:57 PM »

YOU SURE MADE SOME GREAT CHANGES TO IT. HERE'S A BEFORE PIC.IT DOESN'T HAVE THAT TUFF LOOK TO IT HERE.
[/quote]

Thankyou!  I typically do not like to change the orginal look on these found cars when they are so complete, but I could stand the radiator mounted ahead of the cross member (it needed a new radiator anyway) the proportions of the grill and light position were just wrong for me. Plus the front and rear suspension was pretty much trashed, so I took some artistic license ; )   I am really glad I kept the old shock mounts, that was one of the keys that convinced me the old photo a fathers friend had from the 50's at a drag strip was the same car.  It was really a wierd conicidence.  There is a story of that in Pat Ganahl's latest book, Lost Hot Rods 2. 

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 10:39:39 PM »

Thankyou!  I typically do not like to change the orginal look on these found cars when they are so complete, but I could stand the radiator mounted ahead of the cross member (it needed a new radiator anyway) the proportions of the grill and light position were just wrong for me. Plus the front and rear suspension was pretty much trashed, so I took some artistic license ; )   I am really glad I kept the old shock mounts, that was one of the keys that convinced me the old photo a fathers friend had from the 50's at a drag strip was the same car.  It was really a wierd conicidence.  There is a story of that in Pat Ganahl's latest book, Lost Hot Rods 2.
[/quote]

THIS ONE CHRIS ?

Chopt34

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 11:34:41 PM »

THIS ONE CHRIS ?
[/quote]

Yes!  That is the photo.  Same car approximate 57 years ago, it looked tuff back then.  Somewhere in the 60's & 70's it got changed from drag car to street-show rod and then it sat in a garage for a while.

VAPHEAD

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 01:53:33 AM »
Here's one I owned a few years ago. Went to NZ I think it was..
I'll look for pictures of the other channeled 1932 roadster I owned..

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 10:58:05 PM »
I have every magazine(that I am aware of) that car was featured in, including the first iteration pre zoomies. I am constantly studying and hunting down leads.  It was only a month after I missed out on the Sylvester roadster the Cockroach roadster became available, it is not a 32, but I dig the crazy chrome frame and chrome floor, plus instead of a restoration, it was a preservation which are the kind of cars I favor.
[/quote]

PRE ZOOMIES. I'LL ASK MY FRIEND IF HE HAS ANY EARLY PIC'S.

DavyJ

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 10:05:33 PM »
two to choose from
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2016, 07:39:31 PM »
Vintage.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2016, 10:28:52 AM »
I like the proportions of this 3-w