2011 All Deuces Run to Blowing Rock NC

2011 All Deuces Run to Blowing Rock NC
« on: August 02, 2016, 04:26:10 PM »
It is that time again.  8)  8)
 The All Deuces Run for 2011 will be June the 4th, 2011.

Go here for the info

We meet up about 20 miles north of Charlotte NC. There will be NO Interstate travel on the run  :)

We usually  have 25 to 35 Deuces make the Run. It is all for fun ( no fees or registrations ).
Just a bunch of Deuce lovers getting together and doing what you are supposed to do with your Deuce ... DRIVE THEM   ;D  ;D

IF ... your Deuce is down or you cannot make a day out of it ... feel free to stop by the starting point or ending point ( Canyons Resturant in Blowing Rock ) and visit with fellow Deuce people.

Feel free to add your own All Deuce Run photos to this thread  :)

HOTRODPRIMER

Re: 2011 All Deuces Run to Blowing Rock NC
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 04:26:26 PM »
This was taken at a overlook somewhere in the Blue Ridge Mountains, HRP

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 04:27:04 PM »
We will be leaving the house around 6:00 AM see you guys at the starting point. HRP

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 04:27:34 PM »
Brenda and I left the house at 6:30 AM and headed out to the Upstate South Carolina meeting spot,,waited until 7:30 and no one showed up so I made the call to Merlin and he was waiting for us up the highway.

We arrived at the designated starting point in North Carolina around 9:30 and filled up and talked with the other guys that had already arrived for the run,,we all pulled out headed for Boone,N.C.

The Weather was nice and there were 25 Deuces that showed up,,guys from Ohio,Georgia,Kentucky South Carolina and North Carolina and if you didn't know by now this run is about driving not sitting in chairs!

The slow ride through the narrow street of the small town of Boone was fun,flashes from cell phones and cameras by tourist on the packed sidewalks and people waving.kinda like a parade.

The food and conversation at Canyons in Boone was great and the fact that all the guys and gals that attended were Deuce nuts didn't hurt.

Add to the fact that roughly 50 hungry people showed up to eat at an already busy establishment made for a long lunch break but time was well spent telling tale tale,,heck,,maybe even some of it was true!:D

After an hour or so said our goodbyes and left with Deuce Roadster heading to Lenior,N.C. to take in a big down town car show,,since it was kinda on the way home.

We spent a couple of hours there and then we parted ways and headed in separate directions,,all in all it was a great day,,we arrive home at 10:20 PM and traveled 453 miles and went through 3 tanks of gas and started on the 4th..:rolleyes:

OK,,I hear ya,,where's the photos?

I'm uploading them now but here is a couple to wet your appitite.HRP

Merlin coming up from behind,,

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 04:28:03 PM »
More photos from the starting point.HRP

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 04:29:01 PM »
I like the 'Bones-style' 5w in the 2nd from last pic

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 04:29:15 PM »
I like the 'Bones-style' 5w in the 2nd from last pic
Tom,that's Barry's car ratrodo here on this site and yes sir,it is one nice ride. HRP

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 04:29:45 PM »
leaving out,,

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 04:30:17 PM »
on the road,,

With the days temperatures starting to rise several of us got refreshed by a large spray of water from a nursery watering plants close to the road.

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 04:30:45 PM »
Our first take a leak,,,gas stop,,, leg stretch,,

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 04:31:11 PM »
Back on the road,,,HRP

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 04:31:42 PM »
We always stop at a scenic overlook to take pictures,,this year was no different. HRP

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 04:32:10 PM »
More,,

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 04:32:38 PM »
a few more,,HRP

And ya can't go have all that fun without a little bit of trouble,,,out come the tools.

Brock and Butch made the repairs and everything was back in order in no time flat.

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 04:33:13 PM »
Well,that's all my photos and thanks to 32gnu (Tom) who didn't get his 3 window finished in time to go on the run but drove his late model truck and followed all the Deuces and blocked traffic to allow us to get out in traffic. HRP

so_dak_kid

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 04:33:31 PM »
Thanks for sharing HRP  ;D  ....how many miles did the run cover?

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 04:33:55 PM »
Thanks for sharing HRP  ;D  ....how many miles did the run cover?
It varied depending on how far each person had to drive to get to the starting point,,I left home at 6:30 AM and arrived home at 10:20 PM,,I covered 453 miles. HRP